Thread: Your First EA skate. Homies

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

love reading all this while i have no box to play on.
    no skate in like 2 months..
    hurtin...

at some point during og there was an incredible 3 months of glitch-holy-shit-im-going-through-a-roof moments.
    the only way to learn these new glitchy things was to go online and hopefully be taught by someone who knew.
    so the day i get xlive.
    post on the forums yo demzilla hollar at me.
    hoodlum members messaged me and the invites blasted off for the next 4 years.
    magic clay blackhawk mack adopted miles hitman...list goes on forever.
    awesome dudes and completely changed my mind on how much fun online really could be.

started playing at 4:32am the day of the og demo.
    it took me 4 hours to dl.

every demo ritual.
    eat 8pm.
    bar till 12am.
    if dl starts - go back to bar till 2am.
    if dl not available - go back to bar till 2am.

every full game release. (i could walk to mall in 2 mins)
    two days off work - paid work days.
    7:30am- smoke break.
    at 8am a beautiful breakfast at village inn.
    9am smoke break.
    from 9:30am-10am barnes and noble magazine check.
    10am-11am U.P.S. man arrives at eb / smoke break
    11:30am - game is marked, tagged, scanned and released into my custody.
    11:40am - smoke break.

top homies i jammed with.
    pretty much 54 and a few others from hoodlum and naut.
    clay magic mach miles hitman blackhawk stoked south skatehead anders.
    those boys are always down.

big homies.
    i hate these things for this reason.
    rob is good because theres so little and so much substance.
    flix is pure entertainment.
    knex roar is my kind of game play, prolly my most favorite.
    everyone has there reasons.

i never really looked up to anyone.
    im impressed at the three above more often then others but that doesnt mean that they dont have a shit part or two either.
    everyone has shit parts at some point.
    i always looked up to the dudes that destroy the engine.
    pawn sg snail south keenan sauders.
    these people found things and exploited them to the fullest.
    helping me get abetter understanding of what i want, whats capable and how to do it.
    snails new vid got me stoked.

i just want my kids back.
    SUPPORT YOUR HOMIES...

Nice to see people reflecting on good times. I'll say more...

I've had two online sessions that I will never forget...

First was with Zulu the king. We were playing og. We skated every level of the parkade... started at the top. We had to land a banger before moving down a level. Then we moved over to hubba hideout, and threw down MORE bangers. I'll never forget the laughs, the excitement when landing a trick. I'd say I landed one of my best tricks in that session... 3 shuv to hurricane down a handrail. (doesn't sound hard. it just looked so damn good on the screen.)

Second was with islandvibez21. It was a game of switch cam skate on s3. Man... the energy. We played 2 games, 2 spots. Both games were dangerously close. I can remember Vibez throwing down two insane bangers... to put me out. I can remember following him up both times... with the most on-edge / sketchy tricks. Great times.

Also, nobody parties like Hoodlum. Clayfighter holds the funniest xbox live parties I have even been in... impressions and jokes for days. Anybody who knows clay would know im not sucking dick... but telling the truth. Good folks. I never really hung with hoodlum crowd for long, but for that little time, i had fun.

Steam
    i_am_a_snail

Quote Originally Posted by Demzilla View Post
    i always looked up to the dudes that destroy the engine.
    pawn sg snail south keenan sauders.
    snails new vid got me stoked
    this makes me feel really cool

Banned

Seshed in S1 era with:

Random people I met by joining open lobbies.

Seshed in S2 era with:

Voyage
    Catface
    Fonzy
    Instinct
    Ez

Seshed in s3 with:

A lot of new and annoying kids, mostly / only looked forward to seshing with; Mksp, Riggs, Catface, Adda, Cerebus

Top 5 People I look(ed) up to:

tno (since s1)
    bks (since s1)
    Shady (since s1)
    Trewder (only s1)
    Knexzor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by jerr bear; 10-25-2011 at 12:45 PM.

Steam
    James Granko
    PSN
    Grankosson
    XBL
    H TIO

My first EA skate. homie was this dude SSSofuSSS. I met him in a online sesh in OG skate at the Regs miniramp. I discovered that he was also swedish and then we had a lot of awesome sessions and awesome chats in OG skate, Skate 2 and we also played a lot of GTA IV. But then he kinda got tired of the Skate-series and sort of stopped playing in general.

Just before the demo for Skate 3 came out I met this dude named Gurka94. We chatted and had great conversations and when Skate 3 came out we started this team called "Team Cyco" (Suicidal Tendencies-reference) and for a long time it was just me and him. After a while I was kinda tired of the team so we decided to shut that team down. I went on to just try to focus on my videos and he went on to start a team with some other dude.

So then I was back on my own when it comes to playing. Then I met Cookiesupporter once in the LB-chat and he asked me to add him on Xbox Live, we popped the voicechat-cherry and had awesome chats and sessions. Unfortunately he's not that active anymore, I miss you dude.

The person I sesh/chat with the most at the moment is Wiltzuh, mostly because we both speak finnish and because he's nice to talk to.

Ever since I started watching fakeskating-videos I've always looked up to Stevland and Eflixxx.
    Last edited by Granka; 10-25-2011 at 01:43 PM.

Blazing a Trail

In s1 and s2 I would always play insane games of grind skate with silent bp, a unknown who didn't make vids but was probably one of the most skilled players out there. in s3 I've been playing mainly with a cap master named XDENNISX...he doesn't post very many of his parks but I'd say he is my favorite builder and an inspiration to me.

PSN
    R3C_-2-_

The entire reason I got a PS3 was because I played the OG demo at Wal-Mart. In OG and Skate 2 I never played with anyone. I was a lonely competition skater that didn't care about the community. Then, I saw that Skate 3 was highly based on teamwork and that's when I went to the forums to look for a team for the first time. I wanted to join a team mainly for comps, but then I started watching the videos and I wanted to start making those instead. I made 2 Skate 2 solos(without Advanced Free Cam) and a Skate 3 demo solo trying to look for a team. Those videos blew, but I found a team that gave me a chance, BlaqOut.

Even though I sucked they let me join as an AM to try and learn from them to get better. I grew a friendship with most of them and we seshed just about every single night looking at each others new parks and just screwing around and having a good time. I watched all their videos and got better over time. At that time, my inspiration came from BenGrover and Domino(teammates). Eventually the team split due to IRL things and I went solo after that.

Haven't really seshed with them or anyone else since then, but my style grew into owl cam craziness from watching SickOnes and Pairsprowlin. I just saw a lot of creativity in their videos and it inspired me. I stopped playing the game in February 2011 after playing the game for 9 months due to the game and community wasn't what it used to be. I have come back since then though because the memories I've had in this game are just great.

The only thing I can hope for is a Skate 4. Just to revive the community and to one day have fun with this game again.

Banned

Played since the night of the OG demo release. Fell in love with the flickit system controls as I had stopped playing thps after the 1st underground. Met ZuluKing and illmaticAK47 in OG and the 3 of us started Team Technique. Made some clips here and there but didn't get into full scale vids till s2. Played the shit out of that with ill and zu and met some of the Henchman guys through EA forums. Never really got much feedback because I never commented on 'known' ppls vids. ChasmJ of Henchman always reached out to show love and asked me to join Henchman and I did.

Fast forward to S3 and I decided to really focus my attention on making my own kind of vids instead of copying what I kept seeing on the forums. Made vids, parks and had some fun. Joined 5150 and skated for them for a bit. Had some friends die unfortunate ways which made me want to stop playing altogether. Decided to change up my name and style and just ride solo. Downgraded to a smaller channel and now just happy to make my kind of vids.

Inspirations:

VP
    Manolo
    Papasmoak
    Southcity
    Horsehead

Current faves include: Emericaridr11, boxerman, Wiltzuh, snail, seanne and a slew of others.

Never bothered with the 'OG' players as they tended to be elitist. Always tried to support up and coming riders through my yt channels.

-R

...great threat!!! lots of nostalgia...

been playing since og demo but didnt have a ps3, so i always played at a friend. he was only into finishing career, which took us quite a while (rob and BIG challenge). but after that, he couldnt understand how i can waste time on trying the same trick over and over again for no reason (i started rl skateboarding in 1985 - he didnt!).
    loved flickit and all the animations just too much, so a few months later, when i was stuck at home with a broken left arm (holding the controller was possible!), i bought a ps3 for myself and spent weeks just skating plan b halfpipe and played a lot of online s.k.a.t.e.. met some dude online called "milkybarkidd" (?) who had incredible glitch-skills and taught me grab glitch and stuff, which was quite astonishing to me to see whats possible with this game...

so i started watching youtube tutorials and found some COTW clips and made a pretty shitty halfpipe video. found skatethis at the same time and read about true switch and all this stuff, found awesome vids and teams (dp, staydown, std....) and loved all of this shit!
    then skate2 dropped, i joined trewder but was playing on a fucking german game copy so i couldnt sesh with anybody. then i ripped my left achilles thingy and was stuck at home for 3 almost 4 months....and my weed and fakeskate addiction raised to a dangereous level..and never dropped....hahaha....no month without a gizz vid i think...! joined STC....skate3 dropped....had great conversations with falling (<3), got linked to adda somehow, think it was the music, so Stingray was close...and music was closer...hope well meet someday...

ok, back on topic...skatingwise all those guys doing long ass lines with good flow, hard tricks and making it look easy at the same time have impressed me most...slamooh, tno, shady4chi, southcity, norwegian psycho, amp, knex come to my mind!
    on the other hand i love to watch hard stuff, huge gaps and stuff, dub grinds or just great filming on single clips....saunders, stevland, supafly, eflixxs, noted derk, knex...

too bad that there arent, or never have been, enough guys having fun doing tranny / vert stuff. would love to see some guys with filming skills making vert vids...! Heshfield made the best vert vid ever i think (my inspiration to try fingerflip to bluntstall - hard stuff!)!

lots of other guys to mention: realistic....jerrel....creativity....momadaddy.... tech....pawn...unique....signguy....

said it in that inwerm thread already....would love to have a great party with all of you guys....! oh, and no more vids from me this year....going on a journey to south east asia in a few weeks...
    !!!

Resident Fruitbooter Roccityroller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gizzler View Post
    ...great threat!!!
    we [Threat] are great, aren't we?
    Hoodlum Threat
    Youtube
    Live Stream
    Twitter

wished i bought skate when it came out, but i never got around to it. kinda got burned out with skate games from tony hawk i guess(?). one day i decided to try the s2 demo, and i got s2 quite a while after it was released.

i had no idea people did realistic style vids til a loooong time after beating the game and just messing around. i really liked innout and giantkanen's stuff.

did a couple of vids w/ agus, when i didn't know much about filming/editing n whatever. my first vid was a collab w/ tokyoghettoho, n agus. i did one s2 solo, and a rough short one that i never did post of the fantasy factory. i also did a unrealistic, over the top kinda concept vid w/ agus. school has kinda taken over my life, but i really wanna get some s3 clips together.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuhiUA4Phq8
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsUoLN1mbgw

i really miss s2 tho, n wish i didn't use it as part of a trade in.
    Last edited by shortz; 10-27-2011 at 09:50 PM.

for shits n giggles, my first solo which was my second edit ever i think. hah. drew some inspiration from the element europe vids.

i also wanna add that the training facility vid was bomb. i really like the song on there too.

Well I misread but the first person I met in the community was pawnluv loved the fresh perspective he had with OG still prefer oats over everything but its all inspiring people taking time out I made a few realistic solos on OG later lost because of the vimeo scare did some on sk82 and still wreck sk83 Ive always wanted to skate with oats guys been in a few collabs and that was amazing made it worth while too many cool people to make shoutouts but everything ive seen over the years is the reason I play the way I do so thank you fluckit ea skatethis lb and skatecc

Steam
    ipermy
    XBL
    iperm

sickassthread

got og on 6/28/2008
    and I started in the community about September 2009
    lolrossvenzland. We made moustache, stu joined, then virtualparadise, who I really wish would fucking get on xbox because I haven't talked to that motherfucker in ages,
    Then I decided it would be fun to have 30 dudes on the team. stache<3
    Got on a team with Nolan (the gay one)
    I MET COOPER HERE <3
    nolan nolaned the team and then I got on SSS
    DJ is extremely fucking old and i love dag
    I met saunders somewhere around here
    Then I get a pm from Jack Barclay and now I'm on DP
    love dp

now i'm just in hoodlum parties
    i know you are jealous

Skelli, knex, demz, sk, riggs, tno, illmatic, breezy (I TOTALLY FORGOT ABOUT BREEZY), moses, menno :3
    ^those people belong somewhere in the story but I can't figure out where

I've been extremely dumb to all of you at some point and for that you can suck my dick
    good day

fluckit<3

edit:
    I just realized derk made a comment about imoo6
    I haven't heard that name in forever
    kys
    Last edited by Permy; 10-29-2011 at 07:50 AM.