Thread: What new tricks have you learned this year?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Fluckit Senior Citizen replicant's Avatar
    XBL
    replicant#2618

Quote Originally Posted by pawnluvguitarist View Post
    cameras been dead for weeks, hopefully new footy at some point.

Yeah, its really a weird trick. I started by first doing 1 foot 360 shuv its to manual right next to the parking block, then quickly turning the manual into the boardslide. Just slowly doing less and less manual until it was landing right in the boardslide
    Sucks about the cam, but I do look forward to seeing it at some point.
    Bet you need a fair speed to keep the boardslide smooth looking which could lead to some nasty falls.

Quote Originally Posted by Antwan View Post
    something about my current deck too I've had it for quite some time hard to let go even though it's starting to split from the bolts.
    My Santa Cruz deck is finally splitting at the bolts, but I refuse to replace it until my trucks come through the deck.
    I have it too comfortable right now to break in a new one.
    Last edited by replicant; 11-21-2011 at 05:20 AM. Reason: multi-response
    Bear "replicant" Powell
    "I am Shaolin-Style!"

XBL: replicant#2618

Currently Playing: Diablo 2 Resurrected, Elden Ring, Skate 3

UG/Popless Pioneer pawnluvguitarist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by replicant View Post
    Sucks about the cam, but I do look forward to seeing it at some point.
    Bet you need a fair speed to keep the boardslide smooth looking which could lead to some nasty falls.
    i wish, only slid about a foot or two, far from clean, smooth or fast, but its a start.

When you guys say "splitting at the bolts," do you just mean pressure cracks?
    Quote Originally Posted by momadaddy View Post
    i mostly play with myself now

XBL
    TheDietTea

Well I wont speak for replicant but on my end I'm not the least bit sure.
    I really only just started stomping my tricks and even then I just started thinking bigger
    My boards been through hell..
    Completely soaked in water a few times.. banged into shit..tossed around trying to figure certain tricks out.
    If the board wasn't as thick as it is I think it would be done by now.. but I keep using it.

I have lines coming through the wood and griptape outward toward the tail end of the deck from the bolts.
    Last edited by Antwan; 11-21-2011 at 03:44 PM.

XBL
    replicant#2618

Quote Originally Posted by pawnluvguitarist View Post
    i wish, only slid about a foot or two, far from clean, smooth or fast, but its a start.
    Definitely a good start. I can't wait to see it in motion.

Quote Originally Posted by briden View Post
    When you guys say "splitting at the bolts," do you just mean pressure cracks?
    Yeah, mine are pressure cracks. The perils of me refusing to use risers for like 15+ years now. ^^;

Quote Originally Posted by Antwan View Post
    I have lines coming through the wood and griptape outward toward the tail end of the deck from the bolts.
    If the cracks [lines] are running lengthwise on your board originating from the truck base plate area, then you have pressure cracks.
    To me it sounds like that is what you have. Mine are on both trucks and run slightly toward nose/tail and inward.
    With your being more toward the tail end it sounds like your heaviest [roughest] landings are more on your tail where mine are focused directly on the trucks themselves.
    It's pretty common for people who don't use risers and somewhat common on those who use absorb risers.
    "Back in the old days" when we used 3/8"-1/2" or so risers I rarely ever saw it, but it still happened sometimes.
    Bear "replicant" Powell
    "I am Shaolin-Style!"

Don't Worry, Be Happy
    XBL
    DonVigo

I'm somehow olderschool than Rep! I refuse to rock less than 1/4's inch worth of risers. Usually a pair of standard ones, though. I learned REAL quick that the Dooks Stacks with the foam layer just squish and create play that's bad for your deck and hardware alike.

Could have something to do with my inability to ride wheels less than 56mm though. I carve hard, and wheel bite bites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Krome View Post
    this dude. this dude disappears for months then pops up with 5 full length vids in the span of 2 weeks.

XBL
    replicant#2618

Quote Originally Posted by DonVigo View Post
    I'm somehow olderschool than Rep! I refuse to rock less than 1/4's inch worth of risers. Usually a pair of standard ones, though. I learned REAL quick that the Dooks Stacks with the foam layer just squish and create play that's bad for your deck and hardware alike.

Could have something to do with my inability to ride wheels less than 56mm though. I carve hard, and wheel bite bites.
    Hehe, I just got used to no pads with the "new school" switchover. My wheels are 55 spitfire manslaughters which I am on my last set of. QQ I love these wheels.
    Bear "replicant" Powell
    "I am Shaolin-Style!"