Thread: Counter-Strike Global Offensive

XBL
    TheDietTea

Default Counter-Strike Global Offensive

So who's getting this? 15 US Dollar, Arcade.
    Seen gameplay already.. looks to operate the same as on PC.
    I'm stoked.. I'll get it next Friday at the latest.
    ANTWANthePAWN on Xbox360
    get at me by then, shoot some shit.

Meth Graphic Manager InsideManager's Avatar

Never even heard of this, haven't played CS since it was on OG Xbox, I used to annihilate on the PC version waaaay back when Half-Life was the jam. I'm definately going to be getting in on this, I'll add your GT when I do, mine is same as my username. Thanks for the heads up too.

ya i seen the gameplay and i was automaticlly hyped for that shit im gettin it fo sho so you betta beleedat.hit me up on the box.GT:SteezXStatus.
    Shake Junt!!! GT:SteezXStatus
    DeathWish OR DIE
    Co-Founder of Backside Corp

( •_•)

( •_•)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)
    Let The Good Times Roll

I pre-ordered it.

played a bunch yesterday. I fucking love it.

FUCK CoD, lol. This game is so much better

Steam
    James Granko
    PSN
    Grankosson
    XBL
    H TIO

I play it on PC, great times!

Yah PC is the way to go. I dont know how people play that shit on consoles

XBL
    TheDietTea

I never played the one on original xbox
    I'm psyched to try it out on console

Steam
    Monkadelic

its coming out the same day as guild wars 2; so thats a negative.

XBL
    TheDietTea

It's already out on xbox..
    anyway, The Trial is playable online.. 45 minutes of in-game..
    Played my time out. Might redownload to see if I can play again
    It's great.. took a little bit to figure it out but it's worth a shot if you play on PC
    I like it anyway. Cool to have a controller in counter strike.. got stoked seeing new versions of old maps like De_Office and Dust 2 on my TV.
    Last edited by Antwan; 08-23-2012 at 11:45 AM.

Steam
    LowKeyIndustries
    XBL
    SteezOner

Is it worth buying do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by NotedDerk View Post
    I want a city to be absolutely covered with scooter kids, like pigeons or rats, and if you hit just one of them, their parents run over and break your board and you can only play the game again when you purchase another 'online pass', aka a new deck, at 49.99, minimum!

XBL
    TheDietTea

Personally I am a huge fan of counter strike.. I am buying it when I get the loose change for it.
    The button layout is strange if you're a call of duty head but once you get it going
    it's great.. it's a nice change of pace. Try the trial yourself.
    If you're not a CS fan I could understand if you don't get into it like the fans do..
    Just seeing old maps and new looks is enough to get me playing for a while.
    Finally on console too.. Yes. Snipers are pretty fun, and very dominate..
    This game is about rush or be rushed.. a true run n gun tactical kind of game.
    It holds true to what it was still and with what I saw in the trial I am ready to play the shit out of it.
    I haven't seen all the game modes yet but the classic team based Hostage Rescue and Bomb planting is confirmed.

Fluckit Senior Citizen replicant's Avatar
    XBL
    replicant#2618

I want to try it on PC, but no demo yet to my knowledge.
    Most of my future game time starting early tomorrow morning will be devoured by Guild Wars 2.
    Bear "replicant" Powell
    "I am Shaolin-Style!"

XBL: replicant#2618

Currently Playing: Diablo 2 Resurrected, Elden Ring, Skate 3

Fluckit Master

If you buy it on console, then it ain't CS you're playing.. CS is a great game/mod that should be played on PC.

I have me self been playing CS since 1.3 back in the days. Didn't care much for CSS and stayed with 1.6 for quite a few years. Haven't played CS in a a couple of years now but I picked up the CS GO beta 3 days before release and I'm enjoying it so far. Feels like a good mix of both 1.6 and CSS.

Will definitely play this for a while, but 1.6 is where my heart will always be at.

btw if you're new to the CS franchise, try to play on some Surf servers or KZ (jump) servers, or even Aim servers. Now that's great fun imo! Pretty much all I played the last 2 years I played CS.

XBL
    TheDietTea

Quote Originally Posted by Seanne1986 View Post
    If you buy it on console, then it ain't CS you're playing.. CS is a great game/mod that should be played on PC.

I have me self been playing CS since 1.3 back in the days. Didn't care much for CSS and stayed with 1.6 for quite a few years. Haven't played CS in a a couple of years now but I picked up the CS GO beta 3 days before release and I'm enjoying it so far. Feels like a good mix of both 1.6 and CSS.

Will definitely play this for a while, but 1.6 is where my heart will always be at.

btw if you're new to the CS franchise, try to play on some Surf servers or KZ (jump) servers, or even Aim servers. Now that's great fun imo! Pretty much all I played the last 2 years I played CS.
    Well Isn't The Console version just a "Mod" of the computer version?
    You should play the one on console, I think CS Fans would be surprised.
    Everything looks to be the same to me.. the Source engine runs fantastic on xbox..
    The glass breaks like it was tempered or something and you walk through..
    I don't know I guess it's similar to counter strike source in a bunch of ways.
    I bought every counter strike game on PC and now that it's on 360, No Turning Back!
    The only change I would ask for was that they went through with cross platforming..
    for better or worse, Player hosted PC servers have mods as mentioned, surf, zombies, and more.
    Would be insane to play that shit on my TV. Currently, I cannot!
    That is one thing I was hoping for when I heard about them doing cross platforming.
    Apparently, the only reason they didn't do it was because they had to bunch updates into one package instead of
    3 different, more controlled ones. Bogus. Oh well, still worth a mention and play.. add me if you get on console.
    Can't wait to pick this up.

they tried doing cross platform before. Im pretty sure they succeeded with PS3 and PC. But mircosoft are huge bitches and they didnt allow it.

They got portal 2 cross platform.

The plan for this was to make PC,Mac and PS3 versions cross platform. And yah they ditched it because they still want to make major updates to the game. But cross platform with Xbox was never part of the deal so your mot losing anything.

And as for saying "it's on 360, No Turning Back!"

your fucking crazy lol. CS is a true PC game. Aiming on PC with a mouse is SO much more accurate than a dam joystick.

I mean what ever floats your boat, but you are the only person I have ever seen that would prefer to play CS on console. lol

XBL
    TheDietTea

Quote Originally Posted by Ayreon View Post
    they tried doing cross platform before. Im pretty sure they succeeded with PS3 and PC. But mircosoft are huge bitches and they didnt allow it.

They got portal 2 cross platform.

The plan for this was to make PC,Mac and PS3 versions cross platform. And yah they ditched it because they still want to make major updates to the game. But cross platform with Xbox was never part of the deal so your mot losing anything.

And as for saying "it's on 360, No Turning Back!"

your fucking crazy lol. CS is a true PC game. Aiming on PC with a mouse is SO much more accurate than a dam joystick.

I mean what ever floats your boat, but you are the only person I have ever seen that would prefer to play CS on console. lol
    I mean.. it has only been on a console once before?
    Xbox, and now Xbox 360.
    All I'm saying is don't down it if you haven't tried it.
    It all plays the same if you allow yourself time to adapt.
    The only difference is what you're using.. a controller is much more comfortable to me than
    pressing several keys, clicking and moving the mouse.
    Don't get me wrong PC gaming is fun but console gaming is where it's at.
    Consoles operate on things that are pretty much in every single one..
    You don't have to buy a specific setup like you do a computer, just to run the game smoothly.
    More comfortable; Less Strain, One console with no need for a different graphics card, audio card etc.
    I honestly think consoles win.

If your more comfortable with a controller thats fair.

But I can down it, cause i've tried it. Played a bit of CSS on Xbox once. Doesnt really matter, I've played tons of shooters of console. The mouse being more accurate is a fact. Whether you find it comfortable or not is personal preference.

At first I hated using a mouse and keyboard but like you said, I adapted. Everyone I've ever talked to that have played both PC and console shooters always agree that its better with a mouse and keyboard. And that just boils down to the fact the mouse is more accurate.

edit

just one more reason the pc is better, modding.

http://kotaku.com/5935603/counter+st...nts-braaaiiins

just a quick question, do you console dudes get custom maps? like surf maps or aim maps?

if you dont know what surf maps or aim maps are, im going to assume you dont get them lol
    Last edited by Ayreon; 08-24-2012 at 11:16 AM.

Fluckit Master

I'm getting Antwans point, I am, but I have to agree with Ayreon's point saying kb/mouse being more accurate.. it really is. Consoles might be more comfortable I agree. But as of now, the consoles are 6-7 years old and the hardware extremely outdated. Which is the reason why games on the PC are shit these days, because the majority of todays games are console ports which ends up with low graphics, basically no pc settings to configure etc.

I'm glad though CS GO went the other way and made it a PC port, because at the end of the day CS was a Half Life mod to begin with.

Play which ever way suits your needs the best I'd say. Me however will always play CS on PC.

You have to try modding. I had my old 1.6 modded with halo skins and predator skins

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/7558/halomodelpack.png

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/--yQn99W17G...c/s1600/42.jpg

so it was like halo dudes vs predators. It was fucking awesome. I'd change up mods every week. kept the game feeling fresh

Games like Skyrim are a million times better on PC too. People put so many mods out for them. Heres my skyrim dude with armour and weapon mods.

http://static.skyrim.nexusmods.com/i...1332157794.jpg
    http://static.skyrim.nexusmods.com/i...1332182699.jpg

/\ dont worry about those weapons being overpowered, i used enchantments to get them that high.

XBL
    TheDietTea

"Skins" are cool and all but aren't they strictly cosmetic? Just for looks?
    I think "Mods" Are more like An aim, surf or zombie mode map.
    Atleast I think that's how it goes..
    I would think Xbox has dedicated servers, but things like what you're asking
    would have to be implemented later.. I'm pretty sure players started aim, surf and zombie and all that not Valve.
    I read a few articles on the game the other day..
    It's funny how people are misinformed about it all.. Gun Game was created on Counter Strike for PC
    Black Ops was community driven, someone obviously got the idea from Counter Strike.
    I Was just like.. really? Haha.. someone was saying OH yeah.. Global Offensive has a gun game mode like black ops.
    When really that mode was out like what.. Counter strike 1.5, earlier?
    The First time I saw gungame on Black Ops and had heard the game was community driven
    I knew instantly what Inspired it. I don't really care honestly, but the least they can do is give the counter strike community the proper credit. Articles without research equals dick.

Blazing a Trail
    XBL
    SalamiAndreas

salamiandreas

been playing a bit. HMU.

ignore this post

Last edited by i am a snail; 01-21-2013 at 01:40 PM. Reason: hurrf durf oh god i'm fucking retarded hurf 2 electric boogaloo

XBL
    TheDietTea

Blazing a Trail

Ill pass.. i have watched footy on youtube of cs and the level design is very dated, theres not much cover to duck behind and bunny hopping like in halo is a lamn and used tactic... Ill stick with Battlefeild 3 until something else comes...

Blazing a Trail
    XBL
    SalamiAndreas

Quote Originally Posted by EternalRewind View Post
    Ill pass.. i have watched footy on youtube of cs and the level design is very dated, theres not much cover to duck behind and bunny hopping like in halo is a lamn and used tactic... Ill stick with Battlefeild 3 until something else comes...
    the game does predate halo. either way, "battlefeild" is not even trying to be competed with by cs.

ignore this post

Last edited by i am a snail; 01-21-2013 at 01:40 PM. Reason: hurrf durf oh god i'm fucking retarded hurf 2 electric boogaloo

XBL
    TheDietTea

Quote Originally Posted by EternalRewind View Post
    That's why you learn the maps.
    I'm not sure about the "No Cover" Reference, I don't recall having had an issue finding it.
    I don't think "Jumping" or "Bunny Hopping" Is something justifiable by Counter Strike.
    People Do this on almost every shooter and I have a really hard time believing that no one does it on Battlefield.
    You can Dislike the game for the way it plays or "feels", but the way people play seems unrelated.

Quote Originally Posted by Antwan View Post
    "Skins" are cool and all but aren't they strictly cosmetic? Just for looks?
    I think "Mods" Are more like An aim, surf or zombie mode map.
    Atleast I think that's how it goes..
    I would think Xbox has dedicated servers, but things like what you're asking
    would have to be implemented later.. I'm pretty sure players started aim, surf and zombie and all that not Valve.
    I read a few articles on the game the other day..
    It's funny how people are misinformed about it all.. Gun Game was created on Counter Strike for PC
    Black Ops was community driven, someone obviously got the idea from Counter Strike.
    I Was just like.. really? Haha.. someone was saying OH yeah.. Global Offensive has a gun game mode like black ops.
    When really that mode was out like what.. Counter strike 1.5, earlier?
    The First time I saw gungame on Black Ops and had heard the game was community driven
    I knew instantly what Inspired it. I don't really care honestly, but the least they can do is give the counter strike community the proper credit. Articles without research equals dick.
    lol so true.

I liked their facebook page and when it was launched, i read a comment from someone and they said "this game is just a CoD rip off"

man I laughed really hard

Steam
    LowKeyIndustries
    XBL
    SteezOner

Quote Originally Posted by Ayreon View Post
    they said "this game is just a CoD rip off"
    OH THE IRONY

Quote Originally Posted by NotedDerk View Post
    I want a city to be absolutely covered with scooter kids, like pigeons or rats, and if you hit just one of them, their parents run over and break your board and you can only play the game again when you purchase another 'online pass', aka a new deck, at 49.99, minimum!

XBL
    TheDietTea

I have to disagree about Counter Strike having bad maps, and this is just a general thought.
    The Map Layouts are one of the first things that got me hooked on Counter Strike.
    I would play the same maps over and over if they tweaked it slightly.
    You want OG San Van in S3, Well I want OG CS in New CS. Badda Bing, Badda ah fuck you.

Fluckit Master

CS has great maps. de_dust2 is the most played map ever in history of fps multiplayer gaming. de_dust, de_inferno, de_nuke, cpl_mill etc are awesome maps!

XBL
    TheDietTea

Just Picked up Microsoft Points, Installing right now.
    @ ANTWANthePAWN

XBL
    TheDietTea

Took me a minute to get a grip on the controls like PC but I think I'm doing ok now haha
    I was never one to really care for stats, but in CS It's cool to see.

Here are my Stats:

MVP Stars: 118
    Rounds Played: 757
    Rounds Won: 404
    Kills: 1047
    Deaths: 646

I enjoy the M4A4 But I didn't write this up.. it appears in your stats and changes weapons as you play with one more.

Favorite Weapon: M4A4
    Shots: 1877
    Hits: 305
    Kills: 74