Thread: Channel got TERMINATED for no reason...

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Awful Awfuls!

Interesting video…

First question: is this an iMovie Edit? It looks like one.

Intro/Cropping Hurdle (Fave Parts | 1:05-:19, 1:33)
    • (1:05) Like the effect here
    • (1:24) Nice use of the effect here. However, there should have been a little more room at the beginning of the clip to lead in to the trick.
    • (1:28) I’m not sure I would’ve used that clip. That one could have used some work.
    • (1:38) Nice use of the film burn here.

Overall: Not a bad part. It could’ve been better if there was more time to polish the existing clips or come up with new ones.

Jason Steez (2:47, 3:05)
    • (1:55) Not a fan of this clip, especially the first trick. Dark clothing + dark spot = little to no visibility. Use some brighter clothing or boards with brighter colors to bring out the trick when you film.
    • (2:17) Some noise there. Wonder where that came from?
    • (2:31) Like this clip, except the part where the skater is completely out of frame to set up the last trick in the line. Always keep him in frame.

Overall: Not a bad part. A couple of nice clips. Filming needs a little work.

Angry Samurai (3:16-4:23)
    • I don’t know what it is, but I like that intro with the jazzy music fading in. Good job here.

Overall: This was my favorite part of the entire video. The music and clips worked perfectly here.

King Wrestle (4:57-5:03, 5:08)
    • Won’t even ask about the origin of the name.
    • (5:03) Nice clip here. Wished the camera followed the skater landing the trick.
    • (5:08) Could have been framed a little tighter and could have used another angle. Playing with the Zoom Glitch to go long lens would have helped here. Nice trick too.

Overall: This was an okay part, probably below average. Trick Selection seems a bit random, most clips cut off the skater mid-trick, and the last clip in the part was an abrupt end.

Cesium Kid (6:04)
    • “The beginning…”? At the end of the video? I don’t get it. The beginning of sticking around, making more fakeskate videos, perhaps?

Overall: A really short part, and just an okay part as well. Filming way too close to the skater killed it for me. It worked well in the one clip I liked in this part.

Credits
    There could’ve been a little more here than everyone being “Filmer/Skater” (pretty much everyone is that on here); music credits would have been nice here. Would love to know the music used in Samurai's part.

General
    • Fell deep in love with crossfades in this video. Mix it up; hard cuts are just as good.

All in all, this was just an okay video.
    Last edited by Amphan; 01-14-2019 at 11:29 PM. Reason: Proofreading...LOTS of proofreading