Thread: Thoughs of teams....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    OsiRHIS

As a guy who is kind of on the outside...no teams...no real contacts within the skate community...

It's extremely hard to get your foot in the door with any group of people..whether it be just a group of folks you skate with...or a full fledged team.

I've been back in the skate community for a couple months now after leaving in just after OG skate came out...Get Stoked (met him at the very first Community Day in Vancouver) and Chvyele were like the only two people I knew and I don't think either of them are around anymore.

So since I don't know anyone...I hardly get noticed. I've done a couple solos...no one every really replied or commented on them...which was truly frustrating! The only way I have gotten better was practically just throwing footage at one team in particular (Pandemic...bless those guys for actually being patience with me) and they have told me what to do to get better. Hopefully I'll get in with them to have some folks to skate with.

Point is...you almost HAVE TO be on a team before anybody will even look at your stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by OsiRHIS View Post
    As a guy who is kind of on the outside...no teams...no real contacts within the skate community...

It's extremely hard to get your foot in the door with any group of people..whether it be just a group of folks you skate with...or a full fledged team.

I've been back in the skate community for a couple months now after leaving in just after OG skate came out...Get Stoked (met him at the very first Community Day in Vancouver) and Chvyele were like the only two people I knew and I don't think either of them are around anymore.

So since I don't know anyone...I hardly get noticed. I've done a couple solos...no one every really replied or commented on them...which was truly frustrating! The only way I have gotten better was practically just throwing footage at one team in particular (Pandemic...bless those guys for actually being patience with me) and they have told me what to do to get better. Hopefully I'll get in with them to have some folks to skate with.

Point is...you almost HAVE TO be on a team before anybody will even look at your stuff.

yea kinda sorta true but not true. when i was on ice creamers everyone saw my stuff, now im freelance its more of a kinda sorta thing goin. just cuz ur teamless doesnt mean u cant be noticed or become cool with ppl. like me i been freelance for the longest yet me and half of hoodlum and some other dudes know each other well

a lot of people were in exactly your situation and established themselves in the community and so can you. otherwise it would be a vicious cycle with no means of escape. no footage views -> no team -> no footage views. patience is key i guess.

with skate 3 at the door it's a fresh new chance for everybody. you will definitely find a team.

about possible team leaders watching your videos: if the mountain will not come to mohammed, mohammed must go to the mountain.
    show us your teeth and show us your tits and show us the scars from the shit that you did.

my footage @ youtube & vimeo
    http://www.doppelgaengerproduktion.com

I apologize for the whole Clothing Co deal.