Thread: Shaun White Skateboarding?

Default Shaun White Skateboarding?

Anyone have this? Back in the day I used to spend HOURS playing crappy extreme sports games - often times in a realistic way. I spent a long time playing the tony hawk pro skater games just in free skate, doing real tricks. Can anyone pass judgement on this game from the perspective of a fakeskater? Usually I wouldn't consider getting a game with such low review scores, but I have always been able to make an exception to extreme sports games like this.
    thanks

Der Mohn Tintenfisch PoppySquidJr's Avatar
    Steam
    PoppySquidJr
    XBL
    PoppySquidJr

I've played it before, I found it to be completely awful, to be honest. You spend more time FLYING on your imaginary arrow rail than you do actually skating, and all you do is FIGHT THE EVIL CORPORATIONS WITH THE POWER OF SKATEBOARDING YEAAA

hahahaha yeah, i know its meant to be abysmal

but i was wondering if there was potential for fun in terms of fakeskating realistically in the game

Steam
    PoppySquidJr
    XBL
    PoppySquidJr

no clue, didn't wanna stick around with that game long enough to find out. :P

Don't Worry, Be Happy
    XBL
    DonVigo

Can I point out the irony to anything with Shaun White's name attached to it being about fighting a large evil corperation!? For god's sake, the little shit has SCOOTERS with his name on the brand.

I usually wish no harm on those I dislike, but if he had a bad crash and wound up wheelchair bound, knowing how much money he'll have for the rest of his life, I'd get a big fat grin on my face.

And sorry to be so off topic, but I peeked at this out of the same curiosity. Still remember spending HOURS playing THPS2 at the School sessioning the long bench on top of the bank at the bottom of the course and being very entertained by being able to fs flip to manny to bigspin out and all that. Or turning off auto push so clearing the stairsets wasn't a given, and trying to land as close to the bottom stair as possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Krome View Post
    this dude. this dude disappears for months then pops up with 5 full length vids in the span of 2 weeks.

Steam
    PoppySquidJr
    XBL
    PoppySquidJr

Quote Originally Posted by DonVigo View Post
    And sorry to be so off topic, but I peeked at this out of the same curiosity. Still remember spending HOURS playing THPS2 at the School sessioning the long bench on top of the bank at the bottom of the course and being very entertained by being able to fs flip to manny to bigspin out and all that. Or turning off auto push so clearing the stairsets wasn't a given, and trying to land as close to the bottom stair as possible.
    Or playing THPS4 on Sim Mode with 0 stats. Shit was the real deal, man.

yeah guys hahaha
    when i think of thps2 realistic i think of that bench right away as well donvigo!
    and yeah capricious, i hated how they made it so in later tony hawk games you got your stats up by doing certain combos, which meant you had to consciously avoid grinding too long or whatever hahaha
    project 8 was cool with its turn hud off, skater speed at 0 option though
    tony hawk hd better do the series justice

UG/Popless Pioneer pawnluvguitarist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by terminallyCapricious View Post
    Or playing THPS4 on Sim Mode with 0 stats. Shit was the real deal, man.
    Yes, THPS4 will always be my fav. I grabbed it off eBay, should be here soon

XBL
    TheDietTea

I was bummed about shaun white's skateboarding man..
    It has a ton of unique grab/flip trick animations
    but it's ruined by effects.. www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8g1uM4Tt6I
    If you're into getting arcadey it's a pretty crazy play.. Reminded me of my tony hawk days a bit.
    There's a scene where you grind the side of a helicopter.. oh my god.. haha I was actually a bit stoked.

I have this piece of crap. Sucks. Gets boring when i'm used to get footy and then there's no way to do it.

Boring..

Quote Originally Posted by Antwan View Post
    I was bummed about shaun white's skateboarding man..
    It has a ton of unique grab/flip trick animations
    but it's ruined by effects.. www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8g1uM4Tt6I
    If you're into getting arcadey it's a pretty crazy play.. Reminded me of my tony hawk days a bit.
    There's a scene where you grind the side of a helicopter.. oh my god.. haha I was actually a bit stoked.
    haa wow that looks retarded

yeah, after watching a review i was kinda hoping there was an option to turn that sparkly thing off but yeah
    if its a buck i'll get it