Thread: real confessions

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

in preschool i would grab my backpack and run and face the corner of the classroom. i was either doing 2 things. a) Picking my nose or b) stealing the building blocks. i would just put them in my backpack and then hang it back up.

worst part is that i never even played with them when i brought them home.

I have Sidonglobophopia
    it is a rare untreatable fear of cotton. Not a joke, I can't get the balls out of a medicine bottle and I only wear white gym sox (hanes with the grey toes and heel)
    I cant wear gloves of any kind, I have to have leather interior on my cars, I don't wear fleece. It sucks but it is more of a fear of my fingernails or toenails snagging on threads. Kind of hard even typing about it actually.
    ".........................................."
    Helen Adams Keller

Der Mohn Tintenfisch PoppySquidJr's Avatar
    Steam
    PoppySquidJr
    XBL
    PoppySquidJr

Quote Originally Posted by thesignguy View Post
    I have Sidonglobophopia
    it is a rare untreatable fear of cotton. Not a joke, I can't get the balls out of a medicine bottle and I only wear white gym sox (hanes with the grey toes and heel)
    I cant wear gloves of any kind, I have to have leather interior on my cars, I don't wear fleece. It sucks but it is more of a fear of my fingernails or toenails snagging on threads. Kind of hard even typing about it actually.
    Y'know, I can actually understand that, although I don't have a fear like that

My confession: I don't use soap in the shower. It sounds weird, but through research I discovered your body doesn't need soap to be clean, unless you already use soap. If you train your body to not get used to it, then all you need is running water in the shower, and to just act as you would with soap, just, without it. I still use shampoo, and still wash my hands with soap and water. There's no odor or anything, I don't smell any different then I or anyone else did using soap, and my skin doesn't dry out as easily either :P

Whao SG!

That's crazy! I can totally understand the way you're describing it too... the nails getting caught. Tough to even think about it eh? Yikes.

Phobias are super interesting.
    ----------------------
    --> "I wont give up my real friends just to play that game alone at home with headphones on, isolated from social contacts. Why did u (EA) had to ruin a game that hard? Did someone just poop in your cereals? Are we to blame for this action? "

Quote Originally Posted by terminallyCapricious View Post
    My confession: I don't use soap in the shower. It sounds weird, but through research I discovered your body doesn't need soap to be clean, unless you already use soap. If you train your body to not get used to it, then all you need is running water in the shower, and to just act as you would with soap, just, without it. I still use shampoo, and still wash my hands with soap and water. There's no odor or anything, I don't smell any different then I or anyone else did using soap, and my skin doesn't dry out as easily either :P
    Fun, nerdy fact: Soap doesn't actually clean, in the traditional sense. Soap molecules combine with water molecules, and this allows the water to get into small pores and places that it cannot get to on its own, but the soap isn't what's actually doing the cleaning. So you're really only running a risk of having more oils on your skin than dirt. If you think of a soap molecule as polar, then one end would attach to water, and the other would attach to oil, but without water, the soap is useless.

And I guess my confession is that I'm a nerd.
    Quote Originally Posted by momadaddy View Post
    i mostly play with myself now

Der Mohn Tintenfisch PoppySquidJr's Avatar
    Steam
    PoppySquidJr
    XBL
    PoppySquidJr

Quote Originally Posted by briden View Post
    Fun, nerdy fact: Soap doesn't actually clean, in the traditional sense. Soap molecules combine with water molecules, and this allows the water to get into small pores and places that it cannot get to on its own, but the soap isn't what's actually doing the cleaning. So you're really only running a risk of having more oils on your skin than dirt. If you think of a soap molecule as polar, then one end would attach to water, and the other would attach to oil, but without water, the soap is useless.

And I guess my confession is that I'm a nerd.
    Well I don't understand that, then because I used to have a bad acne problem that when away when soap did, so you'd think that oil levels went down too

Quote Originally Posted by terminallyCapricious View Post
    Well I don't understand that, then because I used to have a bad acne problem that when away when soap did, so you'd think that oil levels went down too
    Well acne isn't always caused by the natural body oils that soap removes. The acne you were experiencing my have been caused by the oils in the soap that you were using, or possibly by a reaction that your skin had to the soap.
    Quote Originally Posted by momadaddy View Post
    i mostly play with myself now