Thread: Rusty's Skatepark (Xbox 360, DLC)

Default Rusty's Skatepark (Xbox 360, DLC)

Hey, so I'd been meaning to getting a fun, skate-able indoor park done and dusted, and with this project I had a lot of fun. The park is called Rusty's Skatepark, and comes in two forms - single player and multi player. The reason for this is because of props, and the 'secret' area being inaccessible when played online, which I have fixed.

EXTERIOR

So the park has an outside, which was inspired heavily by the first level of Thrasher: Skate And Destroy for PS1. It's got a nice ledge, some detailing and a fun plywood ramp on a truck bed which serves as the default spawn and of course, the entrance to the skatepark.

THE SKATEPARK

The skatepark was inspired by many of the amazing indoor parks found on Skate 3, and by me trying to imagine fun trick areas and so on. It has a typical indoor park feel, with some extra goodies like a detailed door near the back, a small staff room / counter (which was a pain to make, involving a wall extension made out of rails), fluorescent lights made simply out of rails (which look good in-game), a bent pole rail to please the anti-premade rail skaters out there and some couches and snack machines.

Overview

The Staff Area

You can kinda see the extra bit of wall support there, next to the doorframe.

Entrance To The 'Secret' Area

Even though I've called it the secret area, it's supposed to be kinda obvious. I was inspired by the crazy hidden spots in the classic Tony Hawk's Pro Skater games when I made this. Hidden behind a snack machine is a rusty, industrial style old spot which was closed down due to safety reasons. With a judo kick to the side of the snack machine, you can get into it.

(Due to the snack machine being immoveable online, it is missing in the multi player version of the park).

The 'Secret' Area

Truly where Rusty's get it's name from, this place is damn dangerous. Industrial rails and makeshift obstacles are what makes this section fun to skate.

DOWNLOAD LINKS

Single Player: http://skate.ea.com/user/gallery?con...itemId=2127734

Multi Player:
    http://skate.ea.com/user/gallery?con...itemId=2127736

If the links don't allow bookmarking, reply with bookmark-able links and I'll add them to this post.

CONSTRUCTIVE FEEDBACK WELCOME! ENJOY!
    Last edited by JDash10; 03-06-2012 at 10:36 AM.

youve really improved it since you showed me dude. really good for one of your first parks on fluckit. keep it up.

The back area looks like fun, the actual park seems a bit small and the outside looks alright but ya need to lose that orange and green ledge that we all know and hate haha. All in all this is good for your first park here!
    PSN: m00rg4n_FR33man_
    XBL: Ohmidineffect

Pandora & The Devd Stck Collective.

Bruh help me eat, buy a beat.
    soundcloud.com/nothing_neue

Cheers Banner

And thanks Ohmid But I love that ledge! <3