Thread: what I just bought

Default what I just bought

just got a stereo vinyl mini cruiser!

I recommend buying one, they're so much fun to cruise with!

oh and I just found out that there is a law against dog pulling in the netherlands, it forbids me from letting my dog pull me on my skateboard.. You can get a € 150 fine for it.. I demonstratively went out with my dog when I heard it ^^

Steam
    James Granko
    PSN
    Grankosson
    XBL
    H TIO

Those cruisers look like so much fun to ride with.

That law is stupid as fuck, why the hell would someone put up a law like that? Stupid...

Blazing a Trail

Quote Originally Posted by Granka View Post
    That law is stupid as fuck, why the hell would someone put up a law like that? Stupid...
    it's kinda obvious it can be dangerous if you lose control of your dog/skateboard or both and nobody wants his dog to have a heart attack ...

but considering that mini cruiser, is it really good for every kind of urban terrain ? not just a hyped toy ?

Steam
    fallingskyline
    PSN
    fallingskyline
    XBL
    fallingskyline

depending on the dog it can be hella fun to get pull by. you just have to watch out for your doggie, but you'll surely notice when it get's tired, just take a break give it some treats and a place to jump into some water and everthing is fine. <3
    cruiser looks fun
    Skate Till Death (STD) / Doppelgänger Produktion (DP) / Small Town Crime (STC) / Dharma Inc. / Cap Faction ST

Quote Originally Posted by fallingskyline View Post
    depending on the dog it can be hella fun to get pull by. you just have to watch out for your doggie, but you'll surely notice when it get's tired, just take a break give it some treats and a place to jump into some water and everthing is fine. <3
    cruiser looks fun
    exactly

I have a heidewachtel, it's a hunting dog, but he freaking loves pulling me on the skateboard when he's not lazy.

it's kinda obvious it can be dangerous if you lose control of your dog/skateboard or both and nobody wants his dog to have a heart attack ...
    the law is not for dangerous situations but for exploiting your dog.. it was originally made for people that used dog carriages around the 1900's.. but it now also applies for skateboards and other stuff.. so it's a stupid law nowadays.

but considering that mini cruiser, is it really good for every kind of urban terrain ? not just a hyped toy ?
    well, the streets here are pretty sketchy, almost no solid concrete, so yes. It is a bit sketchy but it's also so much fun, though I wouldn't recommend going downhill with it!

take those shoes off and slalom some cones bud

".........................................."
    Helen Adams Keller

Steam
    Boxerman08
    XBL
    Boxerman08

i was thinking about getting one of those! but instead, I supported my friend's new short board company and bought one of his, along as a cruiser set up at a skateshop. Here's what my set up looks like

There's snow everywhere in Montreal right now, but when it's all gone, watch the fuck out!

wow dude, that thing is amazingly beautiful, what an artist.. I may consider supporting your friend's board company too! what are the sizes on that thing..

and sg, is that you?

Quote Originally Posted by SK8ERatWAR View Post
    and sg, is that you?
    hahaha... kids... :P
    ----------------------
    --> "I wont give up my real friends just to play that game alone at home with headphones on, isolated from social contacts. Why did u (EA) had to ruin a game that hard? Did someone just poop in your cereals? Are we to blame for this action? "

Back when I was younger, a friend of mine was having his dog pull him on his skateboard..he fell, let go of the leash and the dog kept running..right into the side of a car traveling 35+ mph. Needless to say, that dog did not survive. So the law makes perfect sense to me.
    I know its fun and the dogs love it, but please be responsible and never ever let go of that leash.

XBL
    emericaridr11

Quote Originally Posted by BeatChemist View Post
    hahaha... kids... :P
    this made me laugh a bit... so tight stevie, wheels look like butter ride (so smooth)

Steam
    Boxerman08
    XBL
    Boxerman08

wow dude, that thing is amazingly beautiful, what an artist.. I may consider supporting your friend's board company too! what are the sizes on that thing..
    I doubt he ships internationally :/ you'd have to ask him lol but everything on that board is done by hand, by himself. I told him I wanted a board, inspired by one of my favourite artists, so I sent him a link to a page full of artwork, he got inspired by them, and made me this, and I think it's tight as fuck! haha so you basically decide what you want on it, and what is sick is that it's basically "recycling", because he goes from shop to shop, taking old boards that people left there, and you know how kids change their boards when they get a scratch... lol so he gets old boards, tests them out and if they're in good shape, he then starts his work on it (sanding the graphic down, cut the board up to one of his 15 different shapes he's got going, and then does the artwork and what not).

So to answer your question, sizes vary. I've got one that is about 7" wide, but he's got multiple sizes and shapes he makes. I just wanted a small cruiser board to simply cruise around to go to school/work or get to the skatepark on a smooth cruiser lol

Oh and what's sick as fuck and original is that I got a carpet on top of my board, not regular grip So I could easily and comfortably do like what SG said and take off my shoes and slalom some cones lol

Here's how C'est Beau/Shortboards works its magic;
    Last edited by Boxerman08; 01-24-2012 at 09:32 PM.

Blazing a Trail

i'll definitely ask him if he ships board to France !!
    i am looking for a cruising ride for a while now...

i love you guys but are you really serious when it comes to outlawing anything potentially dangerous?

if you go down that road it wont be much left.

Blazing a Trail

"Why is it forbidden ? because somebody thought it's dangerous" period.
    Doesn't mean i agree or anything else... it's just the way laws are "invented" for good or bad...

Sidenote: there are many stories about retarded people killling their own dogs... this is one way to do it

Being pulled by a dog should be illegal? That's bunk. Maybe punish the owner if something like that happens MAYBE...
    I'm sure fetch with a ball or frisbee has killed a dog the same way but they shouldn't go making laws about it. I went through a faze where I watched a lot of upsetting videos on mentalzero.com and theync.com for some reason. Video after video of people dieing different ways caught on cam. The responses were always pretty disgusting almost rooting on there death. But if it was a dog being killed the responses would be completely different "that guy is a scumbag and should be killed" etc etc. I love dogs I have a dog. But in no way is a dogs life more important. It's all out of wack that way. If a dog dies because of a humans actions it should be dealt with every other way. Not by stupid laws that are just common sense.

Back on topic, yes that pic is me. My hair is still the same.
    Helen Adams Keller

I almost completely agree with ya sg.. except for the fact that I care more about dogs more than most humans :P

and jeremy, carpet instead of grip, that's fucking sick! where should I contact him? for how much did he do your board?

Steam
    Boxerman08
    XBL
    Boxerman08

I almost completely agree with ya sg.. except for the fact that I care more about dogs more than most humans :P

and jeremy, carpet instead of grip, that's fucking sick! where should I contact him? for how much did he do your board?
    Lol that pic SG posted isn't him, it's Jay Adams or something like that if I'm not mistaken
    and yes, carpet makes it so much more comfortable and enjoyable imo, just because it's a fuckin carpet hahaha but try contacting him on the C'est Beau / Shortboards Facebook page. I got mine for 75$ because everything is custom made on it, with detailed graphics and what not. You can get a tainted board for just 50$, but I wanted one completely custom plus, he put a sick carpet on it haha idk how much it will be for you and how you can arrange for payment and shit, but you can always give it a shot and ask. I'm sure he'll be stoked as fuck that people from France and Netherlands wanna buy his shit! haha

Jay Adams now
    Helen Adams Keller

Steam
    Boxerman08
    XBL
    Boxerman08

@ Slamooh and Stevie; I just spoke to my friend and he said that he could probably shit overseas, and he should have a paypal account made within the next 3 months! So I guess that leaves some time for you guys to think about what you want on your board, save up some money, and to talk to him about all sorts of shit. He speaks French and English fluently, so that's good for the both of you

Quote Originally Posted by Boxerman08 View Post
    @ Slamooh and Stevie; I just spoke to my friend and he said that he could probably shit overseas, and he should have a paypal account made within the next 3 months! So I guess that leaves some time for you guys to think about what you want on your board, save up some money, and to talk to him about all sorts of shit. He speaks French and English fluently, so that's good for the both of you
    lucky bastard, I'm ALWAYS constipated when I leave the states
    Helen Adams Keller

Quote Originally Posted by thesignguy View Post
    HAHAHA

btw jay adams is a baws.. crazy looking dude

that's great! I'm gonna contact him when I have a bit of an idea for a graphic..

Steam
    Boxerman08
    XBL
    Boxerman08

Quote Originally Posted by thesignguy View Post
    hahahaha didn't notice that typo, but I think you guys got the point

that's great! I'm gonna contact him when I have a bit of an idea for a graphic..
    You should man! Or if you have something that you like, an artist for example, send him a link to some artwork and he could do something inspired by whatever you show him

Steam
    James Granko
    PSN
    Grankosson
    XBL
    H TIO

Quote Originally Posted by bohemian View Post
    i love you guys but are you really serious when it comes to outlawing anything potentially dangerous?

if you go down that road it wont be much left.
    He said it, and SG too.