Thread: Cool New Shit?

Default Cool New Shit?

Got any?

I have been buying some new music production gear lately... just got a new toy today.

http://t.co/GWaBvoCG

http://t.co/T86aml1v

And I got these monitors a few months ago. Love them. Should have dropped some more $ for the bigger Rokit 6s instead of the 5s though... but they sound great.
    http://t.co/wbxaYZ4D

The Maschine Mikro is essentially a hardware controller that interfaces with the Maschine software sampler. Comes with about 6gb of samples and a bunch of synths. All controls/settings can be accessed on the hardware unit, so you don't spend time going back and forth from the pads to the laptop. Tons of ability to edit your patterns after you record them. Flexible quantize and swing functions. It can seamlessly browse patches for other NI soft synths and load them into the pads. Can do internal sampling really easily - ie records the full output from Maschine and then use it as a sample mapped to a pad. This thing is a beast. Expect to get some Beat Chemist music threads in the near future...

Demz, if you're reading this... I dunno how you go about making your music, but if you're at all into chopping loops and re-sequencing/playing them on pads... then this setup is fucking amazing for the $400. Especially with the way it will also load vsti synths and browse their patches. Shit is a blast to work with.

POST SOME COOL SHIT YOU ARE STOKED ABOUT!!!!!
    ----------------------
    --> "I wont give up my real friends just to play that game alone at home with headphones on, isolated from social contacts. Why did u (EA) had to ruin a game that hard? Did someone just poop in your cereals? Are we to blame for this action? "

Oh and if any of you other producer dudes want cuts and scratches on your shit just get at me. I'm looking to do some work. I'm no QBert but if you want an ill scratched chorus or something I can cut up whatever sample/soundfile you want.
    ----------------------
    --> "I wont give up my real friends just to play that game alone at home with headphones on, isolated from social contacts. Why did u (EA) had to ruin a game that hard? Did someone just poop in your cereals? Are we to blame for this action? "

Blazing a Trail
    XBL
    SalamiAndreas

I dabble... or would it be considered dribble.... Lol whatever it may be, that setup looks dope. Are monitors really worth it? I mean my setup consists of two screens and a laptop and fl studio, so I don't think I should drop the cash. here's a little thing I made today. http://soundcloud.com/andreasrpohlmann/tps

ignore this post

Last edited by i am a snail; 01-21-2013 at 01:40 PM. Reason: hurrf durf oh god i'm fucking retarded hurf 2 electric boogaloo

Blazing a Trail

when I was a teen I wanted stuf like that so bad...I wanted to make music and use turn tables, but none of that happened.. props on the cool stuff

Quote Originally Posted by andreas View Post
    Are monitors really worth it?
    Yeah. I mean a nice pair of speakers and an amp will sound good, and give you a pretty accurate idea of what's going on sonically, but that's going to cost you some $$ anyways. These babies are small but pump out a LOT of sound. I'm not going to get technical (cuz I don't really believe is 60% of the audio psychoacoustic voodoo) but they have a pretty flat frequency response and this is important.

I'll check out your stuff a little later... I'm still working with the new toy right now... hahah
    ----------------------

I want the mikro so bad. Ive been dabbling forever with the maschine app. Love making loops on the go.

Thanks for the replies guys but we need
    MORE COOL SHIT!!! NOBODY HAS NEW SHIT!??

Hahahaha
    ----------------------

Been wanting those badboys ever since I got skate 3, they look so dope in-game. Finally found a retailer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Clayfighter
    this was florescent beige , so good it makes no sense
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevland
    abba is not as cool as nazis but it's fucking close

Fluckit Master

Quote Originally Posted by knexzor View Post

Been wanting those badboys ever since I got skate 3, they look so dope in-game. Finally found a retailer.
    Thinking about getting these, even though I don't skate any longer.

or these
    Last edited by Seanne1986; 02-05-2012 at 02:53 PM.

I got a pair of Osiris that look at lot like that.

----------------------

Steam
    Boxerman08
    XBL
    Boxerman08

My newest toy, got it like 2 weeks ago. Can't fucking wait to skate it.

Blazing a Trail
    XBL
    SalamiAndreas

dass noice. wooden wheels?

ignore this post

Last edited by i am a snail; 01-21-2013 at 01:40 PM. Reason: hurrf durf oh god i'm fucking retarded hurf 2 electric boogaloo

Steam
    Boxerman08
    XBL
    Boxerman08

nah dude, they're "cruiser" wheels, soft as fuck, pretty much like gel wheels

carpet grip? *drooooooool*
    EzPzLemnSqueezy http://www.youtube.com/user/EzPzLemnSqueezy Fuck

Jack: I watched this, and now I'm officially retarded. Even as tipe these, I can fell my brian sloery grating numb. gnow, wheen eyee ophen my mouf is begin to drewl tiem. Tanks for you to my for is different.

ef aye wash tis gain ten I no tinker moar. then sreepy teim 4evrr.

Yeah saw that board in another thread... it's gorgeous. I would be so psyched to cruise around on it!
    ----------------------

Steam
    Boxerman08
    XBL
    Boxerman08

@Pyro: haha yeah, that too! I'm sooo stoked about my purchase, haven't made a purchase that I was extremely happy about in a super long time!

@BeatChemist: believe me, if it wasn't for the harsh winters up in Montreal, I'd be riding this day and night lol but I did get the chance to cruise around it the other day, and it felt amazingly good. Can't wait to use it everyday!
    Last edited by Boxerman08; 02-05-2012 at 08:58 PM.

Oh Montreal eh? C'est domage! En Toronto les rues sont sec maintenant. Mon skateboard est as le maison de mon ami... but I'm going to buy a new complete setup this year I think... just for cruising.
    ----------------------

Blazing a Trail

this is how controllers get rid of useless jogwheels.... still a lot of stuff to learn, enjoying it everyday

Steam
    Boxerman08
    XBL
    Boxerman08

Haha nice Chemist, didn't know you could speak/write in French! Mais je t'enmerde, je ferai n'importe quoi en se moment pour faire du skate! haha

Steam
    ipermy
    XBL
    iperm

boxer fucking wins
    and i've been wanting to understand music things for a while, probably never will
    whatever, sick dude :3

Recently bought a drumset for the lols

With a Sabian XS20 cymbal set...

Fun fun fun fun...

Fluckit Master

Just bought the first pair of Vans I linked. Damn comfy.. completely forgot how comfortable skate shoes are..

Fluckit Master

A gift I did for myself, because of my first paycheck. So happy with them, they are pretty good for their price.

Fluckit Master

Quote Originally Posted by agusbmxarg View Post

A gift I did for myself, because of my first paycheck. So happy with them, they are pretty good for their price.
    NICE! me jelly!

Fluckit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Seanne1986 View Post
    NICE! me jelly!
    Theyre sick man. Seriously. BF3's mortars sound so illll

Fluckit Master

Quote Originally Posted by agusbmxarg View Post
    Theyre sick man. Seriously. BF3's mortars sound so illll
    Yeah man I really need to invest in some good speakers etc.. But I always play with my headphones so I get pretty good sound anyway.. If there's something I need, then it's a good home cinema system for my 52" led tv :P