Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Lil Wayne's New Single

kaneland14

how come you can never have a calm and civil discussion on the internet, people ruin it sometimes

ChvyVele

Quote Originally Posted by EmmitBrown View Post
    damn, you want technical? here's three off the SAME mixtape.

any one of em can crush a nas album track.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCVtA5Q1qSs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXjbXUvLyXA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0I9daIA2AA

How do you actually like that? That wasn't technical at all, half the time he's not even rhyming. My cousin is better then him. For real, check out this song he did, it's sick.

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=7133128

Click "play hi-fi". The beginning isn't the best but after a few lines he starts some sick shit.

EDIT: Another...

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=7175868
    Last edited by ChvyVele; 01-30-2009 at 02:59 PM.

EAT BRICK KID

Quote Originally Posted by Nelson View Post
    I know that, Like eminem wrote dr dre's verse in crack bottles, i was just saying the example you used was horrible.
    Nah it aint..
    game wanna him in there. but not his writing skills. perfect example for what I was talkn bout..

so yeah...

real? K?
    And.. I gotta admit Lil waynes beats are amazing.
    Last edited by EAT BRICK KID; 01-30-2009 at 03:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kaneland14 View Post
    you just contradicted yourself

you said that underground makes more money, but then you said the mainstream can afford better vids with rented cars and back up dancers, which is it
    No... I said the ARTISTS make more money. As in an "Underground" Independent Artist is making a much higher profit percentage than a Major Label Artist. Which is why the most paid Mainstream personalities are... once again... Writers and Producers. Neo makes more money than Weezy probably ever will because he writes songs for himself and tons of other artists. So not only does he get paid an intial fee to write the song... he gets a piece of every dollar they make on that record. Same with producers.

And....

The Artist on a Major doesn't pay for the Video to be made. The LABEL does. Hence being able to afford the use of HD Camera's, Rented Sports Cars, extensive lighting (sometimes pyro.. though that's usually Diddy), these big name directors and sometimes even celebrity cameos.

So what I said was the Underground Artist makes more money than the Major Label Artist. However the Major Label Artist gets the flashy videos because he's got a Major Label to foot the bill.

yeah, kane. he did contradict himself. i stopped reading what he wrote when he quoted "don't say my cars topless say the titties is out"....that's just bad rap.
    nas has no charisma on the mic. he's overrated....just like guru and mcs like that.

not to mention, everyone knows the money is in touring. and you can't pretend underground artists make more doing shows.
    Underground Artists tend to tour much more than Major Label artists... at least in Hip Hop. And it's true, a Major Label artist makes most of their money on tour but that's why Major's try to make them pump out an Album a year (as the Label gets their money from albums).

There's always an exception to the rule though. For example, I doubt Diddy does many tours at all. As well as internet legend and "underground" emcee Benefit doesn't tour at all either. I'm not even sure if he does shows.

The bottom line is many Underground acts sell just as many records as acts you hear on the radio. But since they're not attached to a major they spend way less money on staff. Since they don't usually play huge arenas, they spend less on equipment. The downside to this though is they're usually way less marketable.

I doubt you'll see a Slug T-shirt company or El-P Denim anytime soon. So while an Artist like Wayne may make less a record... his fame can be utilized in other ways, supplementing his income.

That's why dudes who's careers have made them unmarketable (Dipset, Buddens, Royce 5'9'', etc...) but still sell a good amount of records are going Independent. They're negotiating better deals for themselves in terms of $ per Record and don't incur unwanted costs having to pay for Staff and Equipment they may not want or need.

I.E. They make more off their music.

cutie3334

its just ur preferance i guess lol

Banned

But Eminem is better than everyone.

No argument, game over, he wins you lose.

His garbage is better than your favorite rappers best selling song.

I will walk out now

I've no idea who you're all talking about, though I do know it's about rappers. So whoever they are they can't hold a candle to Poc-Fu from the Fu-Schnikens.

Edit. or indeed anything by Ultramagnetic MC's
    Last edited by Corrine; 01-30-2009 at 04:11 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Get Stoked

There's no banjo...

it sucks.

I'm all about some Deltron 3030.

BTW everyone, quit arguing or I will become Get Choked.

Quote Originally Posted by Get Stoked View Post
    There's no Banjo...

it sucks.
    May I steal that Stoked? It'd make a boss T-shirt.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Get Stoked

Yeah, take it, haha.

Banned

If he's acting soft and he cowards/
    He better come cleaner then Ja Rule jacking off when he showers/
    You flowers got no clout with a thing/
    You could date a stick of dynamite and wouldn't go out with a bang/
    I showered the slang, simple as A,B,C's/
    Skip over the D's and rock the microphone with E's (ease)/
    Dethrone MC's and I'ma max alone/
    Relax your dome like a solo from a saxophone/
    So facts are known, writers get treated with shocks/
    I rock a beat harder than you could beat it with rocks/
    I'm greeted with flocks, of fellow follower's singers/
    You couldn't make the fans throw up their hands if they swallowed their fingers/
    But you can bring yours let's see what you got/
    But don't front and never try to be what you're not/
    Cause you can be quick, jump the candlestick, burn your back/
    And fuck Jill on a hill, but you still ain't Jack/
    Everyone read that, and tell me thats not the best rapper to touch a mic.

You want vocab, heres some vocab
    Bust it, I let the beat commence so I can beat the sense of your elite defense
    I got to meet the fence fruit was stompin at your feet to rinse
    I greet intensive ladies, I spoil all your fans
    I foil plans and leave fluids leaking like oil bands
    My coil hands around this microphone lethal
    One thought in my cerebral is deeper then a Jeep full of people
    MC's are feeble, I came to cause some pandemonium
    Battle a band of phony MC's and stand the only one
    Imitator, Intimidator, Stimulator, Simulator of data, Eliminator
    There's never been a greater since the burial of Jesus
    Fuck around and catch all of the venereal diseases
    My thesis will smash a stereo to pieces
    My accapella releases plastic masterpieces through telekinesis
    And eases you mentally, gently, sentimentally, instrumentally
    With entity, dementedly meant to be Infinite

So...there's still no banjo?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

EAT BRICK KID

/facepalm

kaneland14

wayne is the best rapper in the game, with all his mixtapes, tha carter trilogy and all of his features, he is the undoubtly the best rapper alive
    END OF DISCUSSION

craz

Quote Originally Posted by jest118 View Post
    No... I said the ARTISTS make more money. As in an "Underground" Independent Artist is making a much higher profit percentage than a Major Label Artist. Which is why the most paid Mainstream personalities are... once again... Writers and Producers. Neo makes more money than Weezy probably ever will because he writes songs for himself and tons of other artists. So not only does he get paid an intial fee to write the song... he gets a piece of every dollar they make on that record. Same with producers.

And....

The Artist on a Major doesn't pay for the Video to be made. The LABEL does. Hence being able to afford the use of HD Camera's, Rented Sports Cars, extensive lighting (sometimes pyro.. though that's usually Diddy), these big name directors and sometimes even celebrity cameos.

So what I said was the Underground Artist makes more money than the Major Label Artist. However the Major Label Artist gets the flashy videos because he's got a Major Label to foot the bill.

Underground Artists tend to tour much more than Major Label artists... at least in Hip Hop. And it's true, a Major Label artist makes most of their money on tour but that's why Major's try to make them pump out an Album a year (as the Label gets their money from albums).

There's always an exception to the rule though. For example, I doubt Diddy does many tours at all. As well as internet legend and "underground" emcee Benefit doesn't tour at all either. I'm not even sure if he does shows.

The bottom line is many Underground acts sell just as many records as acts you hear on the radio. But since they're not attached to a major they spend way less money on staff. Since they don't usually play huge arenas, they spend less on equipment. The downside to this though is they're usually way less marketable.

I doubt you'll see a Slug T-shirt company or El-P Denim anytime soon. So while an Artist like Wayne may make less a record... his fame can be utilized in other ways, supplementing his income.

That's why dudes who's careers have made them unmarketable (Dipset, Buddens, Royce 5'9'', etc...) but still sell a good amount of records are going Independent. They're negotiating better deals for themselves in terms of $ per Record and don't incur unwanted costs having to pay for Staff and Equipment they may not want or need.

I.E. They make more off their music.

Fucking killed it on most parts. Most of the 'underground' acts are just seen as unmarketable by major labels due to their image (EX: Tech N9ne), lyrics (EX:Aesop Rock), or the artist just doesn't want to become part of a major label (IIRC, Copywrite won a battle contest hosted by Def Jam years back but took the money and turned down the deal). And lets face it, major labels are looking for someone to make them a quick buck first and a series of ablums second. They look for people who have a 'fresh' look, a marketable gimmick, new slang, ect ect. Then after they found someone they can market, they throw them with a team who is going to push them in a direction that will make them sell to the masses. Change in lyrics, looks, flow, style, ect ect. At the end of the day, there are VERY few rappers in today's time that rap the way they want to in mainstream media. Also mind you all, that major music labels follow news production/reporting when it comes to content, keeping it at a 6th grade comprehension level.

ChvyVele

Quote Originally Posted by kaneland14 View Post
    wayne is the best rapper in the game, with all his mixtapes, tha carter trilogy and all of his features, he is the undoubtly the best rapper alive
    END OF DISCUSSION
    So... blind...

He's terrible.

Eminem = Win

Nas = Win

Jay Z = Win

And so on and so forth.

Quote Originally Posted by Get Stoked View Post
    There's no banjo...

it sucks.

I'm all about some Deltron 3030.

BTW everyone, quit arguing or I will become Get Choked.
    I didn't think it was an argument so much as a discussion... but sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelson View Post
    Everyone read that, and tell me thats not the best rapper to touch a mic.

You want vocab, heres some vocab
    Odd that you'd pull lyrics from his least successful album. But I don't think anyone here was questioning Em's skill. I think he's definitely anyone's top 5.

Where is actually IS on that top 5 would very for a lot of people. Personally, I have him at #1 on my list. My personal favorites from him are the entire Slim Shady LP, Murder Murder (both the original and remake), and the diss tracks he's done with Green Lantern during the whole Benzino/Murder Inc beef. Some amazing material dropped during that time from him.

i think wayne and em are two different styles, but neither is better than the other...so i tie them for second.....

however, i don't think anyone has ever put words together as disgusting as this...that's why he's Hov.

ChvyVele

i think wayne and em are two different styles, but neither is better than the other...so i tie them for second.....

however, i don't think anyone has ever put words together as disgusting as this...that's why he's Hov.
    Those first two verses were crazy nuts. Too bad he doesn't put shit out like that all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by ChvyVele View Post
    Actually this track is better than both of those.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svmZxdGzY2w

you guys are crazy....

and there were no verses in the grammy family freestyle it's all one flow...he fumbles a bit, but that's cause he wrote it in his head right then, more or less.

ps. jest you STILL think "something like lyrical prowess isn't something that's all that opinionated a topic"

because i think it very much is, and weezy's vernacular and references are just lost on you.

i think people like nas, guru, lupe and also the underground artists you listed (which your argument for was the same tired rehashed crap we hear all the time about how underground artists have integrity, blah, blah, blah) will never have as much charisma on the mic as wayne or em or hova.

and if your underground artists wanted mainstream money but all the control of staying indepentdent, they could have it. Jay-Z never got signed. you realize that right?

if they're so hot, why not start their own label? because they don't have the whole package. they have some punchlines, but can't write entire songs real well. or they aren't relatable,....or they just don't have enough following outside of their neighborhood....or any number of reasons.

you're placing too much importance on what they write not realizing that their flow is dookie.

Wayne, Em, Jay, Red, Clipse...people like that are just at home on the mic and everything works together. they have the ENTIRE package, sick punchlines, deep bars, catchy hooks, good beat selection...and whether they spit normal ass shit or some deep introspective concept track, they do it in a way that's relatable and incredibly interesting to listen to....

for the last time.....you just don't appreciate it, but that doesn't mean it sucks.

you guys are crazy....

and there were no verses in the grammy family freestyle it's all one flow...he fumbles a bit, but that's cause he wrote it in his head right then, more or less.

ps. jest you STILL think "something like lyrical prowess isn't something that's all that opinionated a topic"

because i think it very much is, and weezy's vernacular and references are just lost on you.
    If his vernacular is something that I'm not catching.. then why haven't you bothered with trying to explain it? It's because Wayne doesn't have a special vernacular.

i think people like nas, guru, lupe and also the underground artists you listed (which your argument for was the same tired rehashed crap we hear all the time about how underground artists have integrity, blah, blah, blah) will never have as much charisma on the mic as wayne or em or hova.
    Nas is actually a bit more charisma than lyrics but that's neither here nor there. No idea why Guru is in this discussion and Lupe has just as much charisma as Wayne has.. maybe even moreso. And I never once talked about Integrity.. so I have no idea where that came from.

and if your underground artists wanted mainstream money but all the control of staying indepentdent, they could have it. Jay-Z never got signed. you realize that right?
    Uhmm.. Yes he was signed. To the Roc.. which Damon Dash had wheeled and dealed his way into getting legitimized by Def Jam. And Def Jam gave them a LOT of leeway. Don't mistake that for Jay having free reign since day 1... which he really didn't have.

if they're so hot, why not start their own label? because they don't have the whole package. they have some punchlines, but can't write entire songs real well. or they aren't relatable,....or they just don't have enough following outside of their neighborhood....or any number of reasons.
    Starting your own label isn't something as easy as that. You really have to have the money to put behind that. The only two people in the history of hip hop to "start their own labels" or even come close is Master P and Lil Flip. Both of which afforded their independent labels through other businesses.

But why would you try to start your own label when there are options like Koch that are out there where you make a damn good amount of money... with again.. a fraction of the cost. I mean hell the last Jay "freestyle" that you linked mentioned Koch and that was in '06.

you're placing too much importance on what they write not realizing that their flow is dookie.
    Really? Crooked I's flow is vicious. Slug's (aka the MC from Atmosphere) flows damn near flawless. Cage's flow is immaculate. Apathy is iller than your favorite up and comer and Copywrite is a picture perfect representation of flow. The dudes that I mention are not new and they are not flawed. The sell records... and a LOT of them and it's not a mistake. They've been in the industry for a LONG time and it's not a mistake. I mean look at The Pharcyde and Mos Def. These dudes are still considered "Underground." You really gonna say they have no flow?

Wayne, Em, Jay, Red, Clipse...people like that are just at home on the mic and everything works together. they have the ENTIRE package, sick punchlines, deep bars, catchy hooks, good beat selection...and whether they spit normal ass shit or some deep introspective concept track, they do it in a way that's relatable and incredibly interesting to listen to....
    A LOT of emcees are capable of that though. Honestly. No joke. I mean I really only have to link one or two songs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKYVs9OoFFU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkzIZWhZ8XA

for the last time.....you just don't appreciate it, but that doesn't mean it sucks.
    This is where you're mistaken. The very first post I made in this thread said "I can understand why people like it.... BUT"

My only objection was the classification of "lyricist" which I don't feel he deserves. I'd debate just as much if Mims, Soulja Boy, or Nelly were mentioned.

i can't take you seriously, no matter how many iliad-length rebuttals you type, when you keep saying things like "slug's flows damn near flawless"

slug has ZERO flow. he's just annoying to listen to. it's like saying TPHS animations have more style than PJ...

i can't take you seriously, no matter how many iliad-length rebuttals you type, when you keep saying things like "slug's flows damn near flawless"

slug has ZERO flow. he's just annoying to listen to. it's like saying TPHS animations have more style than PJ...
    As much as you try to write me off though.. the fact is.. you haven't even bothered to listen to ANYTHING that I've linked throughout this entire thread.

I mean how can you critique something when you won't even LISTEN to it?

Anyone interested in giving me the benefit of the doubt would... at the very least listen to this... and tell me if it sounds like dude has no flow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkzIZWhZ8XA

Banned

Odd that you'd pull lyrics from his least successful album. But I don't think anyone here was questioning Em's skill. I think he's definitely anyone's top 5.

Where is actually IS on that top 5 would very for a lot of people. Personally, I have him at #1 on my list. My personal favorites from him are the entire Slim Shady LP, Murder Murder (both the original and remake), and the diss tracks he's done with Green Lantern during the whole Benzino/Murder Inc beef. Some amazing material dropped during that time from him.
    I love his diss tracks, they are just so perfectly done.

But if anyone hasn't heard

I dont do black music
    I dont do white music
    I make fight music

i listened....i just don't enjoy his flow.

and why is it okay for him to say "live to work to live to work to live"
    but when weezy says "re-up stretch it and flip it, re-up stretch it and flip, re-up stretch it and flip it, re-up"...you say he's just repeating himself?

there really wasn't anything impressive in that song. it was a good song. but nothing that says "this guys flow is sick"

it sounds like a white linkin park type of dude rappin...that's it.

i listened....i just don't enjoy his flow.

and why is it okay for him to say "live to work to live to work to live"
    but when weezy says "re-up stretch it and flip it, re-up stretch it and flip, re-up stretch it and flip it, re-up"...you say he's just repeating himself?

there really wasn't anything impressive in that song. it was a good song. but nothing that says "this guys flow is sick"

it sounds like a white linkin park type of dude rappin...that's it.
    Actually... I never said anything about repeating as a negative. When used properly it works really well. You're confusing my words with other peoples... which just shows how little you're paying attention to what I am saying.

And it's sad that you had to add "white" in front of "linkin park type of dude rappin." Considering that Linking Park's rapper is Mike Shinoda, who is Japanese AND that Slug sound NOTHING like Mike Shinoda. Which goes further to prove your close minded way of thinking.

What about www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZURRPZLTHUg

?

Does that MC have no flow either?

kind of hard to pay attention to jest you (see what i did there? better than anything nas has written) when 90% of everyone in this thread doesn't like wayne.

and i added white because the linkin park dude ISN'T white....this may be another reason why you don't get weezy. your comprehension is pretty bad. like saying it sounds like a white big daddy kane (which it doesn't i'm just using an example)

so i'll clear it up for you....it sounded like an average white guy rapping in a style that's as bad as linkin park. do you understand yet?

ps. i like crooked I, i just don't consider him better than anyone i've listed....and you already posted that video on the FIRST page......shows how much you know about whether i'm clicking your links or not :/

kind of hard to pay attention to jest you (see what i did there? better than anything nas has written) when 90% of everyone in this thread doesn't like wayne.

and i added white because the linkin park dude ISN'T white....this may be another reason why you don't get weezy. your comprehension is pretty bad. like saying it sounds like a white big daddy kane (which it doesn't i'm just using an example)

so i'll clear it up for you....it sounded like an average white guy rapping in a style that's as bad as linkin park. do you understand yet?

ps. i like crooked I, i just don't consider him better than anyone i've listed....and you already posted that video on the FIRST page......shows how much you know about whether i'm clicking your links or not :/
    My comprehension is just fine. I just don't measure MC's by race. If someone is dope they're dope. If they're wack, they're wack. "White" "Black" "Asian" isn't a sound to me. But since you apparently hear in color... I'm going to link you to tracks and ask you what race they are.

http://www.zshare.net/audio/5491792798662f06/

http://www.zshare.net/audio/5491798080164e7e/

http://www.zshare.net/audio/54918173a6f3911d/

It's also funny that you choose to ignore the fact that Slug sounds absolutely NOTHING like Mike Shinoda... which invalidates your entire explanation and subsequent retort.

And I know that I posted that Crooked I track earlier. I did it intentionally. It's not the first time that I've reposted a track during the course of this thread. Which shows that you really DON'T listen to want's being linked.

weezy can hear in color he's a beast

and mike shinoda and slug are both shite was what they had in common.

ps. last time i checked "asian" isn't a color.

but i'm done because this is too much like the EA forums and i come here to get away from that.

craz

weezy can hear in color he's a beast

and mike shinoda and slug are both shite was what they had in common.

but i'm done because this is too much like the EA forums and i come here to get away from that.
    Hahahaha, my god, you should do stand up.

ChvyVele

I dunno, I liked the Fort Minor album. But that's aside the point. I was the one who said I hated that Wayne just repeats himself all the time, because he does it in damn near every song I've ever heard from him. And I didn't like that Slug video you posted Jest, just not my type of rap. As for Asian not being a color, Asian people are often referred to as "yellow", and you get what he's saying you don't have to act like you don't get it.

Get Stoked

NO ONE HAS FLOW LIKE J-LIVE.

This song is called Mcee, 2nd verse is all words starting with M and C.

Also, I just posted a thread about this in the Fluckit.News section, but this is more specifically directed towards this thread: People have opinions, people like different music, if you don't agree with someone's views or preferences please refrain from even replying to them unless you're going to be nice. I'm starting to see a lot of ridiculous attitudes shine through. Discussion is fine, but pressuring people to believe an artist they like is awful and that they shouldn't like them is not acceptable.

This is the final warning, I hate to crack down as I like to think Fluckit is a place where you can come and be free. Which... it is, but there is one rule and that rule is no personal attacks.

kaneland14

no offence, but i listened to the first minute and had to turn it off, that's not my kind of rap

Darkslide

I just don't measure MC's by race. If someone is dope they're dope. If they're wack, they're wack. "White" "Black" "Asian" isn't a sound to me. But since you apparently hear in color... I'm going to link you to tracks and ask you what race they are.
    LMFAOOOO...I had a good laugh at this. Sorry. I wont participate anymore. I don't wanna get choked 0_0

Steam
    :)hello:)_goffer
    XBL
    soapskumm

lol you guys... shit can be versatile too, still doesn't give it a good name.

craz

Your right, Slug doesn't flow well. It's not his style. He is a story teller. But his flow beats the hell out of wayne. Wayne goes out of his way to sound off time and it just sounds bad. There hasn't been a recent rapper with the 'total package' recently because there doesn't need to be one. The closest I can think of for recent times has to be Ludacris. And really, trying to branch out and hit the 'total package' is only going to make you crap/mediocre at everything because your trying to do to damn much. It shows easily when someone is straining to make a punchline or to tell a story.

yeah, but to me and a lot of other people it sounds soooo perfect. you have to know the rules to break them (lyrically, poetically, etc.) and he's so nasty because it all just seems effortless. he's on another level, some people just don't get it.

like when you're joking around with your friends and you're just goin off on your own shit, and you're all on the same wavelength so you can make jokes that seem like they don't make sense but they really do on some other shit. old references, shared memories, all that.

that's weezy. and perfect comedic timing and style complete it.

this thread started because of a single. a single on an album which i'm anxiously awaiting the release. Lil Wayne's rock album entitled "Rebirth"...he's a musical genius, but most people can't see past his subject matter.

dude said
    "yeah i do it big, call me lil astronomical,
    weezy f baby and the f is for phenomenal,
    type of n**** get his whole hood 'cross his abdominal,
    check my watch bitch i was rich a long time ago,"

cheers, this is just my opinion.

ChvyVele

dude said
    "yeah i do it big, call me lil astronomical,
    weezy f baby and the f is for phenomenal,
    type of n**** get his whole hood 'cross his abdominal,
    check my watch bitch i was rich a long time ago,"
    Yeah but... phenomenal doesn't start with an "f"...

My comprehension is just fine. I just don't measure MC's by race. If someone is dope they're dope. If they're wack, they're wack. "White" "Black" "Asian" isn't a sound to me. But since you apparently hear in color... I'm going to link you to tracks and ask you what race they are.
    Yup.