Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thrasher: Skate and Destroy, Dave Mirra Freestyle BMX, Aggressive Inline, etc...

I would love to see a new BMX game, I enjoyed Hoffman's Pro BMX at the time, & Mirra's came out n slowed the pace down abit, but neither quite got the physics right (although didnt expect hoffmans too really) but I think with the advancement in technology now it could work well.

Fluckit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Ruben_Williams View Post
    I would love to see a new BMX game, I enjoyed Hoffman's Pro BMX at the time, & Mirra's came out n slowed the pace down abit, but neither quite got the physics right (although didnt expect hoffmans too really) but I think with the advancement in technology now it could work well.
    So far, the best bmx game physics were concieved, oddly, in a skate game (T.H.A.W.)
    Ok, yes, bmx in THAW is nothing compared to, for example, PSX's Dave Mirra 1 because in Mirra you had a shitload of tricks AND their combinations. Plus, the bmx-esque maps.
    TILL some great dude released that THAWMOD that allowed you to play not only online with the bike, but also in created maps. I remember the day I discovered that. Stood all day in the computer recreating pretty much every local spot I knew.
    THAW doesn't have many bmx tricks, but atleast, the movements and tricks are on point. I can't say they could be better.

What made it, imo,here's was the sandbox feel, with the transitions between maps and locations and all that. That kind of concept is something I believe, we are all looking for in this tipe of games.
    I guess I could say too, that I enjoy playing with the modded bmx bike in San Andreas more than some other bmx-only games, because of that reason.

BMX guys, someday we'll be heard. Some day...

Blazing a Trail
    XBL
    SalamiAndreas

now sponsored(?) by beats. come on nigel get sponsored by a gaming company.

ignore this post

Last edited by i am a snail; 01-21-2013 at 01:40 PM. Reason: hurrf durf oh god i'm fucking retarded hurf 2 electric boogaloo

Hate the Beats headphones, over priced, over distorted and just not for me. . . all about the Sennys .

Back OT, aye I don't think having a face for the game is needed, although I admit Nigel Sylvester would be cool, he seems to have a good sense of humour and has a nice style, but if they make the game right it would sell it's sell, after all, it worked for skate didn't it?

If they did Dave Mirra for PS3 I wouldnt leave my house for a week. I still play it every once in awhile on PS2
    Mage can't Rap.

Santa 3:16

Quote Originally Posted by Ruben_Williams View Post
    Hate the Beats headphones, over priced, over distorted and just not for me. . . all about the Sennys .

Back OT, aye I don't think having a face for the game is needed, although I admit Nigel Sylvester would be cool, he seems to have a good sense of humour and has a nice style, but if they make the game right it would sell it's sell, after all, it worked for skate didn't it?
    Beats FTW playa.
    Mage can't Rap.

Santa 3:16

Fluckit Master

Quote Originally Posted by thedumbnerd3 View Post
    If they did Dave Mirra for PS3 I wouldnt leave my house for a week.
    Yeah, me too. For a week.........

Quote Originally Posted by agusbmxarg View Post
    Yeah, me too. For a week.........
    I'd read the announcement over and over and over for a week. Who gives a fuck about jobs? DM for PS3 would be fucking awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by thedumbnerd3 View Post
    Beats FTW playa.
    Please never pay retail price for Beats headphones. The best thing about them is he flattened cables. Sound is average, especially for the price point.

Sennheiser or Grado will get you sooooo much more for your $$$$
    ----------------------
    --> "I wont give up my real friends just to play that game alone at home with headphones on, isolated from social contacts. Why did u (EA) had to ruin a game that hard? Did someone just poop in your cereals? Are we to blame for this action? "

Fluckit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Goon_Panda View Post
    I'd read the announcement over and over and over for a week. Who gives a fuck about jobs? DM for PS3 would be fucking awesome.
    Once a while I imagine a situation where there is this new gen game made by the same companies as Ea.Skate, with the same city/clothing/physics, but with a bmx bike. NSV with the bike, oh mi dios.

Fluckit Master

http://thecomeupbmx.net/ask/will-the...mx-video-game/

Ok, so this is, I believe, the first time that someone talks something about the idea of a bmx game in a popular website, ever.
    Altho there's no solid evidence behind most of the statements in that article, it's easy to see a collective idea towards this topic.

Now for the lolz, I'm gonna quote a comment from the article
    "you could make the nigel game with the old nintendo controller. A to barspin. B to 180 barspin."