Thread: Long boarding to PAX

BSer34

Default Long boarding to PAX

A thread I saw over at the Bungie forums. A couple guys from Victoria, BC are planning a trip from their homes to Seattle, Washington to go to PAX (Penny Arcade Expo). Thought this might interest a few people. Check out the full story.

Long boarding to PAX

Get Stoked

That's pretty cool, I'm all about longboarding as an alternative form of transportation.

The longboard company I work for has a rider (Adam Colton) who has skated accross America, New Zealand, Europe, and Canada. So, that trip those kids are doing is like a warm-up for him, haha, but you have to start somewhere with long distance longboarding.

BSer34

Yeah I knew you were into long boarding. I thought you'd like seeing some people using long boarding as a way to get to PAX.

lookingforgold

Cool. I'd love to do something like that, but i probably wouldn't last more than a couple hours.

Man, RvB guys are gonna be at PAX.

Derek Goodspeed

that's crazy...longboarding across continents...

intense...hah

but really, that'd be such a memorable experience...i wanna do something like that someday

Would be great, just wondering if they do it back

Derek Goodspeed

hahaha

good point...

Get Stoked

Well, no one has skated back yet. Adam Colton skated from his sponsors area in Washington to his home in Virginia, then flew back to California I believe. New Zealand was just destination to destination, and Europe was the same.

As for the Vancouver/PAX longboarders, they'll be longboarding back apparently, which they may not do as 100 miles+ is still pretty far. Especially without a follow car and supplies, which I consider dangerous.