Thread: Vaporizers?

Default Vaporizers?

Anybody have any experience with them?

I don't want to "smoke" my weed anymore. Looking at picking up a vaporizer to keep my unhealthy habit as healthy as I can get it. lol

I've only tried them a few times so I'm looking for some info/suggestions.
    ----------------------
    --> "I wont give up my real friends just to play that game alone at home with headphones on, isolated from social contacts. Why did u (EA) had to ruin a game that hard? Did someone just poop in your cereals? Are we to blame for this action? "

They kickass, if you get a volcano you wont be disapointed, and as for other ones there decent it just can get a little harsh constantly taking burning hot vapor tokes so your throat could get really pooched after a couple.
    Pissoff

personally my favorite thing to get stoned with.
    Pissoff

UG/Popless Pioneer pawnluvguitarist's Avatar

I have a nice portable butane powered vape. Look into the "Iinhale"

And you cant go wrong with the Valcano

i use the Magic Flight Launch Box Vaporizer an i take it every were.
    this is what it comes with.

an what it looks like in use
    GT-J0RD4N KR3W/FS Bigspins

GC Accounts-J0RD4N KR3W, L4KR, MF DRAWLS, FS Bigspins
    MF JORDAN,Justin Eldridge and now Vincent Alvarez .

MORPHINE NATION

Resident Fruitbooter Roccityroller's Avatar

volcano is the best out there. bag style killer vape... but it's also about $500.

VaporBros makes and affordable whip-style vape that works very well. My buddy had one and i got to baby sit it for about 3 months. go for less than $200. I like the whip style because you can get a glass on glass mouthpiece that will fit into your bong's downsteam. Vape-Bonging > *
    Hoodlum Threat
    Youtube
    Live Stream
    Twitter

Yeah I'm not going to drop the $$$ on a Volcano. I just can't justify spending that kind of money on my weed habbit. But I'm looking into some $200-$300 whip-style ones that I think I'm going to end up getting.

Pawn - How often do you have to clean your portable one? And is it a pain to clean? For some reason I feel like the portable ones will require more maintenance and ultimately have a shorter life span.

Duuuuuudermiflin - Believe my I love to take bong hits to the face like a champ.... but I'm looking to get away from burning my weed. I just want the thc, not the smoke. lol But yeah. Bongs for life. ha

Thanks for the feedback guys! I'm probably going to get one in the next few weeks so I'll be sure to post pics/review when I get it.
    ----------------------
    --> "I wont give up my real friends just to play that game alone at home with headphones on, isolated from social contacts. Why did u (EA) had to ruin a game that hard? Did someone just poop in your cereals? Are we to blame for this action? "

UG/Popless Pioneer pawnluvguitarist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeatChemist View Post

Pawn - How often do you have to clean your portable one? And is it a pain to clean? For some reason I feel like the portable ones will require more maintenance and ultimately have a shorter life span.
    Never really needed much cleaning, as long as you dump out the vaped weed when you are done, before it gets a chance to harden. But even then you could just scrape it off. Cleaning was never an issue.

Definitely a shorter lifespan, mine lasted about 2-3 years give or take, the heating element just broke off eventually.

I'd say getting a whip style is probably your best bet, I have one of those too. Not as smooth as my portable but more reliable, you can just buy new hoses.

Awful Awfuls!

The herbal aire is my favorite vaporizer next to the obvious volcano.
    http://herbalaire.com/shop.htm
    Vapor bros is pretty solid too and I've heard the Silver Surfer is decent as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Anchors View Post
    Anders rips your throat out and uses it to wax his spots.

Volcano is the only way to vapourize. you can keep a hit in the bag for enough time and it will not go stale.

So I decided on an Arizer Extreme Q - http://arizer.com/store/21-the-new-e...vaporizer.html
    It does bags and a whip. I was almost going to go with another version that does not do bags... but I am really glad I got this one. Bags are the way to go.

Here are 5 reasons you should get a vaporizer:

1) It's so much safer for your lungs/sinuses. Smoking thick, carcinogen-filled blunt/bong/joint smoke is just NOT healthy. Period. If done at the right temperatures, vaporizing skips all the gross burning of the plant, and just turns the cannabinoids (thc) you want out of it into a cool, almost clear vapor that you can inhale easily.

2) The high is better. Some of the effects you experience from burning weed is coming from other chemicals in the plant. This is the stuff that makes most people feel heavy, stuck to the couch, lazy, etc when smoked. So you find that you still experience the cerebral/psychedelic effects without the sedative and analgesic effects you get from smoking. Of course this point is a little subjective, since a lot of people smoke weed for the calming, pain relieving effects it offers. But I would describe what I experience from vaporizing as more of an "up" high, or a clearer high. And I quite prefer it.

3) Economy. You don't have to smoke a lot at a time to vaporize. Once you get your method dialed in in terms of bowl sizes, temperature, etc you can be quite efficient with it, even for one person sessions. This is a bit of a myth about vaporizers that kept me from getting one for a while - hearing friends (who may have never even really tried a quality vaporizer) say something like "oh you have to load up like a whole eight to really get it going." I can toss in less than a typical bong rip for me and get a thick bag filled no problem.

4) Economy again. You can take the leftover herb from vaporizing and smoke it in your bong and still get high off it if you want. It's sorta like smoking shitty low quality outdoor weed you probably got as a teenager. But desperate times call for desperate measures. OR you can take it and render it down into butter and cook with it. Much like using shake or stems, you can concentrate the small amounts of active cannabinoids in the source material into a potent end result. I'm probably going to get into doing some baking.

5) It's both fun, but at the same time a bit of a pain in the ass... I mean, this thing has a remote. So I have it heated, packed, and loaded with the bag ready to fill... and I can start it from across the room. Two bags set up means you can always have a bag ready to fill at the click of a button, and about 90 seconds later you have three-four full lung hits (or two if you're me! lol) from a bag waiting for you. Did I mention at the click of a remote. hahaha BUT the wait times for the heating, and filling, etc mean that it's not really convenient for, say, a quick "oh I want to get high before running out to go see this movie" or other time sensitive occasions. So if you're determined to just vaporize and not smoke, it can help you actually cut back on some of the times you'd normally get high. Which is just fine with me.

I've only had it for a little under a week, and I love it. I have been a daily smoker for yeaaars now... and I'm pissed off at myself for waiting this long to start vaporizing. Seriously, if you are a chronic smoker, and can sit out in your house/apt and smoke with one of these sitting on your coffee table, then you really do need to get one.
    ----------------------

Um. I guess if you're under 18 reading this... aahhhh... drugs are bad. Mmmkay?
    ----------------------