Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kony 2012

Default Kony 2012

Watch this!

MAKE KONY FAMOUS!

bump 'cause it's necessary over talking about tony hawk or dubstep, haha.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiltzuh View Post
    I skate unrealistic in real life...i just learned ungrindables at my local park !
    Videos; www.youtube.com/derwreck

Der Mohn Tintenfisch PoppySquidJr's Avatar
    Steam
    PoppySquidJr
    XBL
    PoppySquidJr

Eh, while I appreciate the attempt, people fail to realize that 99 out of 100 people posting "KONY 2012" Is doing nothing but posting KONY 2012 so they can feel good about themselves. Not to mention that even if this guy is taken down, there are several ready to take his place. It's a terrible reality we live in, but no one effort is going to change that. We as a human race need to change entirely before anything like this will truly work.

Blazing a Trail

so does this guy want me to get on a plane and bust a cap in kony's ass?

EzPzLemnSqueezy http://www.youtube.com/user/EzPzLemnSqueezy Fuck

Jack: I watched this, and now I'm officially retarded. Even as tipe these, I can fell my brian sloery grating numb. gnow, wheen eyee ophen my mouf is begin to drewl tiem. Tanks for you to my for is different.

ef aye wash tis gain ten I no tinker moar. then sreepy teim 4evrr.

Steam
    PoppySquidJr
    XBL
    PoppySquidJr

Quote Originally Posted by PyR0MaNiAc225 View Post
    I love you. Forever.

coming soon to a forum near you, over 1000 flame threads about kony 2012.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiltzuh View Post
    I skate unrealistic in real life...i just learned ungrindables at my local park !
    Videos; www.youtube.com/derwreck

this was pasted all over my facebook ha

I personally believe that this is a matter presented in such a way that people will do something to change this problem.
    I've shown this video to my friends, my family and we all agreed that we need to help this thing get stopped.
    And you guys don't really get the fact that, this video was created to get posted everywhere. It was created to get spammed the fuck, so that everyone would realise, and everyone would see.

I'm going to be out there on april 20th, along with my friends and my family. Because we care.

So terminal, speak for you self. Just because you can't find the person in you that cares about serious stuff, and care enough that you want to take action, don't assume that no one cares.
    And yes, he might be replaced by someone else, but who the fuck cares? This man needs to be taken down, I hope we all can agree with that. Then we can start thinking about what new dude comes up.

If you take out the leader, more times than not, the community will dissolve and disappear. If not that, they will be weakened in such a state that we'll be able to take them out for good.

This is a serious matter, and I started this thread to spread awareness about this topic. I know everyone and their mother knows about this by now, and that's the point. To spread the word.

I hope people actually will take this serious instead of just bashing the glorious idea that is this project.
    If you don't want to participate, all the power to you. I just don't see the point in caring about serious matters..

Rant over..

Quote Originally Posted by madsser View Post
    I personally believe that this is a matter presented in such a way that people will do something to change this problem.
    Tbh its pointless to change their country when our own country is fucked! so our country comes first my friend! Stop watsing yur time you have been officaily brainwashed!

in other news check out this amazing banned ad from the UK!

FREE RUSHIIE
    ( C.A.P has Fixed Creativity ) Teams| PANDORA/MORPHINE NATION /LABEL/DHARMA|

Steam
    PoppySquidJr
    XBL
    PoppySquidJr

So terminal, speak for you self. Just because you can't find the person in you that cares about serious stuff, and care enough that you want to take action, don't assume that no one cares.
    And yes, he might be replaced by someone else, but who the fuck cares? This man needs to be taken down, I hope we all can agree with that. Then we can start thinking about what new dude comes up.
    Hey I already said that I honestly do appreciate what they're doing with the video, I'm just saying that for every person that honestly cares, there's at least 1,000 people that don't, at least not for real, and for things like this to really work, THAT fact needs to change. People that make these efforts are honestly notable and respectable people. I'm not trying to flame you for this, nor anyone else who's actually getting off their ass to do something, because I love and respect people that can do that. I'm just kinda using this as a springboard to vent about how so many people really don't, and it sickens me. I apologize if I sounded offensive towards you and the others that honestly care, because that was far from my intent.

Also Mattyman, I agree that for RIGHT now we should be focusing more on our own country, especially since SO many of our problems can be solved much faster. However, everyone does deserve attention when everyone is willing to care.

And another side note: It's a shame that we really NEED videos like this to point out the problems going on around the world, as well. But that's just my 2 cents. So many people are just oblivious to the world around them and it disturbs me.
    Last edited by PoppySquidJr; 03-07-2012 at 04:37 PM.

But the person that doesn't care, but retweets it - which is then seen by someone who does care - is still helping spread the word/cause.

Focusing on the people that aren't really "down" with the cause is a bad look. Defeatist type attitude.

I like this project for the simple fact that the people organizing/involved just said, "fuck this, we can't let this happen." And they took action.
    ----------------------
    --> "I wont give up my real friends just to play that game alone at home with headphones on, isolated from social contacts. Why did u (EA) had to ruin a game that hard? Did someone just poop in your cereals? Are we to blame for this action? "

Well. I live in Denmark, and we're going pretty well right now I guess.

But I've pointed this out to our main politicians. I've called, written letters and mails to the biggest political leaders here, to beg them to point this problem out.
    Which is needed. We need this man to be known for the government to care.

And about your 2 cents term. I completely agree with that fact. I mean this man has been ravaging uganda for 24 years. I mean that's longer than I've been alive damn it. And I've only heard of this problem yesterday.
    And who the fuck cares if I've been brainwashed if it's for a better cause. I don't do anything else than sit at my computer all day. It's better for me to get out and spread the word, and it's better for the ugandan people.

Basically this project can be explained like Chemist explained it. The people that doesn't care, still makes sure that the word is spread. Cause that's the easy part. To spread the word. And then someone that does care realizes that this is a problem and starts supporting.
    That's basically the idea of the whole video thing. To get people to know.

Oh and on a side note: Term, I'm sorry if I in any way seemed angry with you. I respect your choices and your views. And i get where you're coming from, because it is a fact that not all the people will care. But who cares. There's so many others that will. And if it is one in a hundred, or even one in a thousand, it still counts, and it still is a big fucking number we'll get in the end.

Mads out.

I am proud of anyone who takes positive activism into their own hands.

Every point made in here is valid; the classic 'glass half full' vs 'glass half empty' debate. I didn't hear about this on facebook yesterday as I had an unexpected work load but my friend showed me it today. My only take on this matter is to wonder how do we pick and choose which countries to help?

Somalia? (war ravaged)
    Iran? (oppressive regime)
    Haiti? (natural disasters and corruption)
    Syria? (turn on your tv)

I live in Canada so thankfully our exposure to the global economic downturn was minimalized. If you live in the UK, US (or Greece), then I can understand why you'd want to focus on bringing your own countries back first before embarking to help others; that's one the reasons on airplanes the attendants always tell you to apply your own mask before assisting others with theirs in the event of an emergency . To make the greatest impact, you have to be on solid footing personally (as well as collectively) otherwise your efforts may be exploited or ineffective.

The 4 countries I listed are just the ones you hear about in the news in recent times. What about sweatshops in China? Sex trade in Eastern Europe? Caste system in India? Drug cartels in North America?

Many causes deserve our attention, so all I ask is that people find one that they can personally identify with and then please don't half ass your work.

Steam
    James Granko
    PSN
    Grankosson
    XBL
    H TIO

Quote Originally Posted by BeatChemist View Post
    But the person that doesn't care, but retweets it - which is then seen by someone who does care - is still helping spread the word/cause.
    This!

Fluckit Senior Citizen replicant's Avatar
    XBL
    replicant#2618

wub wub wub
    Bear "replicant" Powell
    "I am Shaolin-Style!"

XBL: replicant#2618

Currently Playing: Diablo 2 Resurrected, Elden Ring, Skate 3

Fluckit Master

I'd suggest you read this from the bottom up.

http://visiblechildren.tumblr.com.nyud.net/

And seanne, all the points made in that blog is complete bullshit.

I'd suggest you watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ji7IaxReuv8

He's a genious. And he'll be able to explain this better than I'll ever do.

Also, I completely agree with Roke's statement. We can all agree that there's alot of issues that needs to be solved for this to be a better world.
    But again, we have to start somewhere. And why wouldn't that be with the worst criminal in the world?
    If we take this man out, we can move down the list. And yes, there'll be someone to take his spot. Who cares? What, just because there's going to be someone else afterwards we shouldn't care?

Fluckit Master

And seanne, all the points made in that blog is complete bullshit.

I'd suggest you watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ji7IaxReuv8

He's a genious. And he'll be able to explain this better than I'll ever do.

Also, I completely agree with Roke's statement. We can all agree that there's alot of issues that needs to be solved for this to be a better world.
    But again, we have to start somewhere. And why wouldn't that be with the worst criminal in the world?
    If we take this man out, we can move down the list. And yes, there'll be someone to take his spot. Who cares? What, just because there's going to be someone else afterwards we shouldn't care?
    I actually don't know what to believe atm. It could be a "scam" or not. I'm not saying Kony isn't bad... which he is.. fuck him. But until I have real facts etc, I ain't gonna choose a side just yet.

He actually pulled out facts. If you didn't pay attention.

But I can of course respect your thirst for facts.

And if you pay attention, he doesn't say that KONY isn't bad, he presents counterpoints against visible childrens blog.
    Last edited by madsser; 03-08-2012 at 08:16 AM.

Banned

I doubt 'Kony 2012' is the solution.

Maybe it's even the opposite of the solution.

Do you mind explaining this opposing statement?

I think we're ignoring the real enemy....

Stoney 2012
    HEY OM YEAH HOODLUM[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Kony 2012
    gitCHu ONe. [14|Dec 11:33 AM]: fluckit itself is not natural
    ------
    [02:24 PM] saunders420: looks dope
    [02:26 PM] saunders420: nvm looks gay
    ------
    [11:13 AM] Richie x Jackson: horsehead you a juggalo?

Coney 2012
    HEY OM YEAH HOODLUM[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

This thread is sad. I'm out.
    ----------------------
    --> "I wont give up my real friends just to play that game alone at home with headphones on, isolated from social contacts. Why did u (EA) had to ruin a game that hard? Did someone just poop in your cereals? Are we to blame for this action? "

Blazing a Trail

I'm on my couch, tweeting from my macbook, like a motherfucking humanitarian.

Uganda ? where's Uganda ?

Oh and China is taking care of Africa, so it's all good
    Last edited by Slamooh; 03-09-2012 at 02:23 AM.

Fluckit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Stokenstein View Post
    Just weighing in here, but Joseph Kony has not been in Uganda for over eight years. Invisible Children are preying on the ignorance of the uninformed for their own benefit. Quit sharing the video, quit donating, and do some research first.

The Netherlands have had their military searching for Kony (outside of Uganda) since 2008 if I'm remembering correctly. The U.S. already has 100 troops aiding Netherlands in their search for him (outside of Uganda) and this whole Invisible Children thing is such a ploy for Invisible Children to gain more profit. Only 32% of their earnings went to charity last year, the rest went on their rent in San Diego, film making, and a bunch of other selfish shit.
    Wish I could thumbs up your comment.

Blazing a Trail
    XBL
    SalamiAndreas

Just weighing in here, but Joseph Kony has not been in Uganda for over eight years. Invisible Children are preying on the ignorance of the uninformed for their own benefit. Quit sharing the video, quit donating, and do some research first.

The Netherlands have had their military searching for Kony (outside of Uganda) since 2008 if I'm remembering correctly. The U.S. already has 100 troops aiding Netherlands in their search for him (outside of Uganda) and this whole Invisible Children thing is such a ploy for Invisible Children to gain more profit. Only 32% of their earnings went to charity last year, the rest went on their rent in San Diego, film making, and a bunch of other selfish shit.
    It clearly says in the video that kony has left uganda and moved on. The only ones ignorant are the ones who act like they've seen the video but have not. 32 percent of a charities earnings going directly to benefit the children is a bad thing? Check many other large charities. You will find a very similar percentage. Please, don't act like you know what you're talking about.

ALYKCRU REPRESENT

ignore this post

Last edited by i am a snail; 01-21-2013 at 01:40 PM. Reason: hurrf durf oh god i'm fucking retarded hurf 2 electric boogaloo

Thank you Andreas.

This campaign will educate a lot of people who might have otherwise NEVER even thought about atrocities happening in Africa. That in itself is something to be celebrated.

These people have spent a large portion of their lives trying to raise awareness about this. Are you surprised that they're spending money on making films?

If you don't like what they're doing, then don't get involved... but to hate on it and try to convince people NOT to get involved seems incredibly selfish. Especially if you're not offering an alternative, better way of getting involved.

I mean, basically this whole campaign is about raising awareness through celebrities, and writing/calling/talking to politicians so they know that people ACTUALLY CARE ABOUT THESE ISSUES. How can that POSSIBLY be a bad thing?

Honestly. This world is so sad. You try to help... and people complain you're not helping the right way. Then they spend time tearing you down rather than doing some building of their own.
    ----------------------

I think the real enemy here is religion. Without it, none of this would be happening.
    That right there ^

Done.

Kony is just another scapegoat for some preposterous scam imo. watch out for disinfo and know your facts.

This Kony scenario is a perfect example of sheeple. very unfortunate to watch the masses do something for the greater good, yet be blinded for what may lie in the truth.

If I were to keep going on Id be going into some conspiracy direction...so IM stopping now
    Last edited by saunders420; 03-09-2012 at 04:44 PM.

Steam
    ipermy
    XBL
    iperm

ayo fuck invisible children
    basically what stoked said
    campaigning on the internet never solved anything

Quote Originally Posted by BeatChemist View Post
    This thread is sad. I'm out.
    you're not out.

what people contribute to in their private lives without making a show of it on the internet is what matters. making a joke on a fake skateboarding forum is not.
    gitCHu ONe. [14|Dec 11:33 AM]: fluckit itself is not natural
    ------
    [02:24 PM] saunders420: looks dope
    [02:26 PM] saunders420: nvm looks gay
    ------
    [11:13 AM] Richie x Jackson: horsehead you a juggalo?

Blazing a Trail
    XBL
    SalamiAndreas

errybody mad. I say this. GOD IS DEAD SHAVE YOUR HEAD.

ignore this post

Last edited by i am a snail; 01-21-2013 at 01:40 PM. Reason: hurrf durf oh god i'm fucking retarded hurf 2 electric boogaloo

Steam
    Monkadelic

they had the right idea making this video viral; because the real problem is the US government nor NATO will not do anything about the real shit going on in the world unless that country is sitting on a natural commodity/gold mine. It is going to take videos like this to wake ppl up from the mass media blindfold and actually write their congressmen and others to react to the non-petrol disturbances across this planet that outweighs any price of gas that is obviously legally gouged through fake legislation and profits for all. Robert Mugabe has been a threat for a long time- as was Kim Jong Il up until he died; and we did nothing about those repressions. Now we are passively waiting for the fat kid in north korea to eat himself to death instead with the same rationale of the drugs/guns from the south border direct to us, " theyll just OD or kill themselves so they will weed themselves out eventually....that is all good in theory but how many innocent ppl have to get massacred for idealism to become reality. It wont. If the government cant even handle the so called " war on drugs" they have funded themselves for the past 30 years; they sure as hell cant handle the "war on terrorism" they have funded for the past 10.
    Last edited by Monk; 03-09-2012 at 10:35 PM.

Fluckit Senior Citizen replicant's Avatar
    XBL
    replicant#2618

First off, blaming religion for this is pretty much retarded and simplistic.
    While religion opens up a whole big bag of shit when it come to problems,
    the ones in Africa for example aren't specifically related to religion.
    We have known about the "Atrocities in Africa" for a very long time, but
    as they aren't a big economic interest to us we pretty much turn a blind eye.
    By us I mean the United States. We pretty much get involved when God
    is concerned, money is concerned, or you shit on us too much.

Most of the shit going on in the various African countries is still a bunch
    of Tribal fubaristic shit that has been going on as long as the dumbshits
    in the Middle East have argued over who controls a "Holy" pile of sand.

This KONY 2012 virus is just another ploy by parasites to prey on simple
    minded people who have good intentions. If you really want to make a
    difference in the world, then I suggest helping yourself, your family,
    your community, and working up from there. Wearing some fucking hippie
    wrist band and slapping some stickers on a bench isn't going to do jack shit,
    but take money out of your wallet. Fin.
    Bear "replicant" Powell
    "I am Shaolin-Style!"

XBL: replicant#2618

Currently Playing: Diablo 2 Resurrected, Elden Ring, Skate 3

IM A BOSS ASS BITCH

All I can say is Thank JEEBUS for Stoked!

Invisible Children are indeed one of the worst Non-Profits you could ever give money to. If you indeed want to help War-Torn, Third World Countries.. check out Kiva, Doctors without Borders, and of course, Red Cross.
    old psn: jest118
    new psn: jesthatesyou