Thread: Skate Series Concept Art

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    XBL
    badklea

great!!!!
    +2H -2N

Fluckin' Hatchling

Hey I stumbled across this thread and was very touched thanks for posting those...I have boxes of art like that from all three games.

those are my drawings and designed for all three skate games with another concept artist Shaun Hayes Holgate we divided up the lots to design. He had a lot of
    great concepts.. all three were a lot of fun to work on. Lots of those early concepts were too complicated to be fully flushed out in the time frame.
    game testing takes time in the design phase so keeping it simple is going to be more fun as well for players. In early concept phase you aim high and know
    you may only get a small thing in sketch, but some of the ideas we had for skate one made it into the later versions. All projects have to have deadlines, with tech and art coming together
    adds another layer of complexity that eats a big chunk out of deadlines. But overall....the games are a lot of fun..so think it worked out. Thanks for looking at the drawings we did a lot of
    brainstorming sketches with markers and pens later got more digital, drawing on paper is still great. from Tom