Thread: "Ambition" Full Length Trailer (Watch In HD)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Can't wait for this!!

Lol I liked the fire logo, unexpected plot twist! Looks like it's gunna be DOPPPPE.
    PSN: m00rg4n_FR33man_
    XBL: Ohmidineffect

Pandora & The Devd Stck Collective.

Bruh help me eat, buy a beat.
    soundcloud.com/nothing_neue

I'm not a fan, I'm a real stickler about real video music being used. With that said the first part was good, I liked the real sky blend clip and the easy vibe. But that weird and out of nowhere fire logo/ dj scratch ending just seems absurd. It destroys the whole feeling and makes the trailer look like it was edited by 2 different people, and one of them just found the fx folder in movie maker.

Hopefully there will be a more cohesive theme to the rest of the video
    HEY OM YEAH HOODLUM[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Fluckit Master pairsprowlin 666's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Clayfighter View Post
    I'm not a fan, I'm a real stickler about real video music being used. With that said the first part was good, I liked the real sky blend clip and the easy vibe. But that weird and out of nowhere fire logo/ dj scratch ending just seems absurd. It destroys the whole feeling and makes the trailer look like it was edited by 2 different people, and one of them just found the fx folder in movie maker.

Yeah I edited it all, fire text may have not fit but i like doing things different cause most would have expected something at ease cause of the song. Ive never used movie maker so i don't know what effects are in there any who thanks for watching ...

Fluckit Master pairsprowlin 666's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Clayfighter View Post

its funny how people on here talk about how shit should be done ...when they haven't even skated a day in there life and there editing skills are bland...LOL

Now i learned awhile ago to stay away from confrontation on these forums but damn.
    Why all this grief and gripe about a damn trailer. So what the title was out of place a lil.
    GTFOI!!

Never seen a fuckin teaser/trailer judged like this. This game and editing videos is about creativity and the freedom of expression. If thats what prowlin felt like doing when he made the trailer thats what he invisioned.
    Ive seen much shittier teasers or even videos that get bumped or talked about for weeks. At least prowlin is definetly trying something different rather than some shit that was just throwin together.

Bottomline, when this video drops it will 3x better than half the shit thats around because effort will be put into it.

Glad to be a part homie
    Last edited by AfRoMaTiC480; 03-25-2012 at 09:13 AM.

XBL
    emericaridr11

Quote Originally Posted by AfRoMaTiC480 View Post
    Now i learned awhile ago to stay away from confrontation on these forums but damn.
    Why all this grief and gripe about a damn trailer. So what the title was out of place lil.
    GTFOI!!

Never seen a fuckin teaser/trailer judged like this. This game and editing videos is about creativity and the freedom of expression. If thats what prowlin felt like doing when he made the trailer thats what he invisioned.
    Ive seen much shittier teasers or even videos that get bumped or talked about for weeks. At least prowlin is definetly trying something different rather than some shit was just throwin together.

Bottomline, when this video drops it will 3x better than half the shit thats around because effort will be put into it.

Glad to be a part homie
    legit afro, love you man

Quote Originally Posted by pairsprowlin 666 View Post
    its funny how people on here talk about how shit should be done ...when they haven't even skated a day in there life and there editing skills are bland...LOL
    First off I have no idea why you made this comment, especially after I gave you my respectful opinion that you already responded to. Secondly, I've been skating since I was 16 so your swipe at me is both unnecessary and childish. We adults tend to understand constructive critiques of our work, and seeing as I thought you were apart of that group, I assumed you could handled it.

Now without trying to get anymore persona my opinion still stands, it's a interesting trailer that doesn't have a solid theme to it. Its the same issue I had with the 5150 video. The tricks were over shadowed by a disjointed effects and editing techniques. There's no cohesion between the themes in this trailer. it goes from a chill relaxed vibe to explosions and fire and it just doesn't make sense. What does fire and explosive text have to do with the first half of that video, and how does that represent the title of the video.

Also please don't insult my editing skills by calling them bland. I spend my time editing each part, making sure that they are unified to whatever theme I'm going for in the video. I don't go for a million little effects clips or song lyric sync ups because I want a clean product with proper pacing that allows the skating speak for itself. And on top of that I do all of it with the basics, using my technical skills to produce videos that look better than my equipment. I edit clips, i edit down songs, and i build my effects from cleverly figuiring out what I want and making it, despite not having the programs to do so. I know what I'm doing and the end products I have made show it.

With that being said Clay. Maybe save your opinion for the actual full video rather than a 30 sec trailer. You sound more like a parent trying to correct their kids rather than giving an opinion. Again never seen this much "criticism" on a damn trailer. U said ur opinion but keep repeating it every post.

ur opinion is ABD

Quote Originally Posted by AfRoMaTiC480 View Post
    With that being said Clay. Maybe save your opinion for the actual full video rather than a 30 sec trailer. You sound more like a parent trying to correct their kids rather than giving an opinion. Again never seen this much "criticism" on a damn trailer. U said ur opinion but keep repeating it every post.

ur opinion is ABD
    I understand it's a trailer, it's just that it reflects his full work. I never meant for my opinion to cause any ire, but I know I'm not the only person in this thread with this opinion about the trailer. Now with that being said I do look forward to the full I just hope that some of the suggestions are taken into consideration in the editing of it