Thread: Whats the first thing you do when you walk in your local park?

Default Whats the first thing you do when you walk in your local park?

Do any of you guys have any rituals that you carry out when you first go to your park? I just realized this morning that every time i walk in I take the exact same line around the park before I do anything else. completely unaware that its the same thing i do every other day.

if you can see it in this extremely bad quality picture of the park from when it was built 10 years ago, the entrance is the flat part to the right of the bowl. i come in there, roll down the bank thats to the left of the pretty long wall, cruise over the pyramid in the middle, backside grind about half of the little curvy quarterpipe in the back left, come back and carve over the other half of the pyramid and finally rock-fakie the quarter that is exactly opposite the flat wall of the bowl that you can see.

What do you guys do?

Steam
    fallingskyline
    PSN
    fallingskyline
    XBL
    fallingskyline

first thing to do is treflip up eurogap

@ 1:10
    Skate Till Death (STD) / Doppelgänger Produktion (DP) / Small Town Crime (STC) / Dharma Inc. / Cap Faction ST

First thing I do is a warmup run. Start with dropping in on a bank, get alot of speed, pump over a funbox, up a bank, and far far up a quarterpipe which ends on the wall.....
    Then i normally do a fs board down the rail on the funbox, and then a kf up a eurogap.....

no pictures cause I can't be arsed.

depending on the day and time,i usually sit and smoke a cig(if there's no kids around,tryin to be a responsible adult)and strap on my bulky ass kneebraces to keep my knees from poppin all over the place.then i just cruise around for a while.the park by me has a downsloping cement bowl that i usually hit a few tailslides on to warm up,maybe a few flatground tricks to get my old ass loosened up.

Fluckit Master

Everytime I go to my local park, IF the guy who runs it, actually goes there and open it, I leave my backpack and stuff on a bench, and start walking around the park like this babbling 'Oh gawd why is it so hard to ride a proper ramp park in my city'.

The rest of the day I'm with a smile on my face because my friends are there too, and we're all having a good time together, but when leaving, seeing the park manager in the entrance saying that if we like to ride ramps and 'get dave mirra status' (actual words, but in spanish) we have to go there everyday and build the ramps ourselves, and I'm like
    Last edited by agusbmxarg; 04-23-2012 at 01:26 PM.

Der Mohn Tintenfisch PoppySquidJr's Avatar
    Steam
    PoppySquidJr
    XBL
    PoppySquidJr

Quote Originally Posted by Stokenstein View Post
    I wake up.
    exactly what I was going to put. A local park in MY area?
    Haha yea right

UG/Popless Pioneer pawnluvguitarist's Avatar

Usually just smoke a bowl then cruise around for a bit. Do some manuals and slappy grinds and some stretching until im loose. Usually takes me 20 mins or so of that kinda stuff, once im warmed up I go all out. Its funny, im borderline useless on a skateboard until im all loose and have a little sweat goin.