Just prepurchased my copy!
    2 days left?

Anyone getting this?

Fluckit Master

Probably.. Wont prepurchase it though.

YUP.

So pumped.
    ----------------------
    --> "I wont give up my real friends just to play that game alone at home with headphones on, isolated from social contacts. Why did u (EA) had to ruin a game that hard? Did someone just poop in your cereals? Are we to blame for this action? "

stupid ass game

Fluckit Senior Citizen replicant's Avatar
    XBL
    replicant#2618

Roughly 21hrs from now I'll be leveling my Witch Doctor in Diablo 3.
    Get to play Guild Wars 2 in 8 hrs for a 7hr stress test of the servers.
    A very good 24hr period for me when it comes to gaming.
    Bear "replicant" Powell
    "I am Shaolin-Style!"

XBL: replicant#2618

Currently Playing: Diablo 2 Resurrected, Elden Ring, Skate 3

Deciding whether to line up tonight for it...
    Will be playing tomorrow either way!
    ----------------------
    --> "I wont give up my real friends just to play that game alone at home with headphones on, isolated from social contacts. Why did u (EA) had to ruin a game that hard? Did someone just poop in your cereals? Are we to blame for this action? "

Steam
    Monkadelic

koreans beat normal lvl a few hours ago; posted a screenshot of the ending, sigh. wont be getting my copy tonight because the US servers wont be unlocked until 2am CST ( blizzard is activating them at midnight pacific time ><)
    Last edited by Monk; 05-14-2012 at 09:18 PM.

Rolled up to a line snaking around the block at Future Shop. Kept walking to Best Buy. Line was worse. Went and got a slice of Pizza from the one and only Big Slice (Toronto cats know the deal!) and now I am back at home, not playing Diablo.

Oh well. Gonna cop tomorrow.
    ----------------------

Steam
    Monkadelic

yeah no need of staying up at all - install it and get ready for some morning jam. maybe the servers will level out

XBL
    replicant#2618

Been having fun in Diablo 3. Got my Witch Doctor up to Lvl 10.
    Now off to get some sleep. Between WoW, GW2, and D3 I played about 19 hours...
    Bear "replicant" Powell
    "I am Shaolin-Style!"

Steam
    fallingskyline
    PSN
    fallingskyline
    XBL
    fallingskyline

Nerds...
    Skate Till Death (STD) / Doppelgänger Produktion (DP) / Small Town Crime (STC) / Dharma Inc. / Cap Faction ST

Steam
    Monkadelic

installing it now midnight sesh after work if anyone wants to join in- we have a 400 person ventrillo server available to talk on.
    Last edited by Monk; 05-15-2012 at 09:02 AM.

Steam
    Boxerman08
    XBL
    Boxerman08

Such a fun game. Bought it today and played it with a friend for 4 hours haha if anyone is down to play some coop, hit me up; Boxerman08#1904 (idk why they added that those numbers after the #, but it did it automatically)

Steam
    Monkadelic

i just butchered the butcher and now in act 2 finally with my WD. iphantasmi#1175 add me. pretty much rolling through everything with ease once the servers stabilized.

Fluckit Master

Yeah I bought it yesterday.. and damn it's awesome. Add me TheToez#2674 if you wanna do some fun stuff.

XBL
    replicant#2618

The numbers allow you to have any username and then be able to use any name for your character you want.
    It's a pretty good database trick that they should have used a long time ago.

I'm very much enjoying my WD who is now seeing some beasty shit in Nightmare Difficulty.
    Jailer+Mortar, Jailer+Lightning, Waller+Molten, and Desecrator+Vampiric are vicious fucking rare combos.
    Bear "replicant" Powell
    "I am Shaolin-Style!"

Been playing heavy since it's been out. Got to act III and realized that, after the beta where they forced me to play on american servers, i forgot to put it back to the european servers, which all my friends remembered to do. Therefore, to be able to play with them I had to change regions.....

Which also meant that my level 30 demon hunter got changed into a level 1 monk....
    I got so fucking mad at myself....grrrr!

So starting all over again. After being half way through with act III...

such a bummer mads...maybe you should have equipped ANOTHER shrubbery and the herring! NI! NI!

Steam
    Monkadelic

anyone playing tonight? almost in act 4 now finally got a day off to enjoy the game... cinematics are sick! pretty sad some ppl have rushed through and beat inferno mode already.

Steam
    Boxerman08
    XBL
    Boxerman08

going to play tonight with one of my buddies. I've played with him since the beginning, we've already got both almost 13 hours of gameplay already, and we just beat Act 1... haha but we search the shit out of everything and everywhere though. And I don't get how people have beat the entire thing within 6 hours or something...

Steam
    Monkadelic

boxer ive played with my WD for like 12 hours total and i just hit lvl 30. i scoped out everything as well - but i guess me playing d2 all them years helped me plus i also had a god 7 hours today off to finally play it.. ill come help you tomorrow if you need me to

Been playing for 40 hours now, since I've had nothing to do since Thursday. Got through the game and are halfway through the game on nightmarish. Still loving playing as the monk! <3

Steam
    Boxerman08
    XBL
    Boxerman08

12 hours and level 30? and you scoped out everything? damn haha I'm at level 19 in like 15 hours, but it's all good, I don't really need help, for now anyways. Maybe when I'll be at a higher difficulty or something

Steam
    Monkadelic

Quote Originally Posted by Boxerman08 View Post
    12 hours and level 30? and you scoped out everything? damn haha I'm at level 19 in like 15 hours, but it's all good, I don't really need help, for now anyways. Maybe when I'll be at a higher difficulty or something
    yeah man but you gotta realize i played D2 for years on end and know how to scope really quick. the game mechanics are apples/oranges but te principle is the same. clockwise/counter rotation of the maps and then the center for last. I just solod diablo in normal with my witch doctor at lvl 31 and creating a monk now. my best advice to you rigt now instead of training up the blacksmith/jeweler go to the auction house and get your character fully stack with rares for cheap... you can set the max buyout at any price- I usually do 5000 gold and got some damn nice gear all with vit/int/MF and socketed

edit; plus the fact that the witch doctor owns normal level if you have the right build you just blow through that shit fast and easy... im pretty sure in NM hes gonna tone down a bit tho. hes an AOE leech beast!
    Last edited by Monk; 05-20-2012 at 05:52 PM.

Steam
    Boxerman08
    XBL
    Boxerman08

haha nice! I've only played a bit of diablo 2, I don't even remember much from it to be honest, but I do remember that I liked the game, and I think diablo 3 is sick as fuck! I'll keep those advices in mind, never checked the auctions but I'll try to look for good/cheap stuff for my demon hunter next time I'm on!

Steam
    Monkadelic

im going to try and get the base 5 characters up through act 4 before i hit nightmare; you can get close to 200K gold running through normal
    Last edited by Monk; 05-21-2012 at 07:41 AM.

XBL
    replicant#2618

Would be playing now, but Blizz took all of their servers offline for the next 8 hours.
    I do have my WD up to 57 and I'm in Act 1 Inferno Difficulty. When it comes to money
    there is no real need to just make lowbies. In Act 4 Hell I get 500g+ stack drops and
    in Act 1 Inferno upwards of 1kg+ coin drops. If you just wanna make stacks of gold,
    then make a Barbarian and rune for GF% or make a Demon Hunter with a Golden Ferret
    pet (It picks up gold for you and gives +40% more gold).
    Bear "replicant" Powell
    "I am Shaolin-Style!"

Steam
    Monkadelic

Quote Originally Posted by replicant View Post
    Would be playing now, but Blizz took all of their servers offline for the next 8 hours.
    I do have my WD up to 57 and I'm in Act 1 Inferno Difficulty. When it comes to money
    there is no real need to just make lowbies. In Act 4 Hell I get 500g+ stack drops and
    in Act 1 Inferno upwards of 1kg+ coin drops. If you just wanna make stacks of gold,
    then make a Barbarian and rune for GF% or make a Demon Hunter with a Golden Ferret
    pet (It picks up gold for you and gives +40% more gold).
    well yeah thats true, but also my point of clearing normal with lowbies is to get the fundamentals of all the characters instead of just shooting to end game with one. i did the same thing with d2 and until they address the issue of ppl being hacked while in public games im either playing solo or with friends, and they are usually offline by the time i get home from work. hackers are spoofing sessionID's to where if you are on the recent players list they can log in with your account without a password and rob you blind.

XBL
    replicant#2618

I've already played through low content with all the classes.
    That is why I am working on mt WD. Next I'll probably work
    on my DH.
    Bear "replicant" Powell
    "I am Shaolin-Style!"

Steam
    Monkadelic

I've already played through low content with all the classes.
    That is why I am working on mt WD. Next I'll probably work
    on my DH.
    sorry bro i call BS on that one with ur high end WD that alone was the main stint of ur grind. you havent had enough time to beat normal with all 5 running with the doc all the way to inferno unless you are playing full timeX2 instead of working.
    i beat norm with the doc at roughly 11 hours and almost done with my monk at 3 hours. but on a gradient scale i just dont see it, nor the time to actually get an understanding for each class on the way through. gimme ur battletag for reference plz- you can check my stuff out anytime.

XBL
    replicant#2618

Quote Originally Posted by Monk View Post
    sorry bro i call BS on that one with ur high end WD that alone was the main stint of ur grind. you havent had enough time to beat normal with all 5 running with the doc all the way to inferno unless you are playing full timeX2 instead of working.
    i beat norm with the doc at roughly 11 hours and almost done with my monk at 3 hours. but on a gradient scale i just dont see it, nor the time to actually get an understanding for each class on the way through. gimme ur battletag for reference plz- you can check my stuff out anytime.
    On my account right now I only have a Lvl 60 WD in Inferno.
    I don't care to level another personal toon till Inferno is finished and everything is unlocked (BS = 8, JC = 7, more stash tabs, working on whimsy staff, etc).
    On friends accounts I have helped play their Barbarian, Monk, and Demon Hunter through Various Acts and Difficulties.
    Wizard I have no interest in as they currently are a bit too glass cannon compared to D2 Sorceress.
    In Beta I took all classes through the beta (Lvl 13 - Skeleton King Max) multiple times.
    I play a lot of games and Diablo 2 was one that I played a ridiculous amount. Diablo 3 is kinda the same thing, but prettier.
    So, go off and enjoy playing all the classes in normal which isn't going to give you a good grasp of the difficulties that matter.
    Bear "replicant" Powell
    "I am Shaolin-Style!"

Steam
    Monkadelic

On my account right now I only have a Lvl 60 WD in Inferno.
    I don't care to level another personal toon till Inferno is finished and everything is unlocked (BS = 8, JC = 7, more stash tabs, working on whimsy staff, etc).
    On friends accounts I have helped play their Barbarian, Monk, and Demon Hunter through Various Acts and Difficulties.
    Wizard I have no interest in as they currently are a bit too glass cannon compared to D2 Sorceress.
    In Beta I took all classes through the beta (Lvl 13 - Skeleton King Max) multiple times.
    I play a lot of games and Diablo 2 was one that I played a ridiculous amount. Diablo 3 is kinda the same thing, but prettier.
    So, go off and enjoy playing all the classes in normal which isn't going to give you a good grasp of the difficulties that matter.
    i hear ya. if you want to shoot to end game just like everyone else in a week since the game came out that is your prerogative. keep them items and gems coming! once blizzard hotfixes all the exploits that ppl have been using to get to inferno in less than a few days ppl will start realizing what they missed in low level and when pvp comes out low level dueling will become the standard just like pre 1.10 LOD. i know you had the beta but playing each character through to skele lvl 13 serves it no justice whatsoever because you only have a third of the skills unlocked and dont know how to use them characters at all in the other acts. 10/20/30 pvp will be the standard for passives and will much more entertaining to see how ppl work around using what they have- not just shooting to endgame and getting all the best shit and have 50K life, and these ppl are going to get owned to hell and back. 6.8 million copies sold already most from WoW players; i see the population drop by at least 75% in the next few months and that is a good thing. just buying some time before the hammer hits lol. they already jacked the monk and wiz up because of it- and the barbs gonna get a buff soon most likely.

edit; sorry bro i like you and all- but anyone that says the word "toon" as a character reference i cannot take serious...
    make it to inferno on HC (or NM for that matter) first then well talk about end game- hows that?
    Last edited by Monk; 05-23-2012 at 11:36 PM.

XBL
    replicant#2618

When it comes to "Toon VS Character" to me it varies by game.
    Diablo has no real "roleplay" aspect to me even if I do love the lore so I tend to use toon.
    In UO, DAoC, EQ, WoW, GW2, etc I tend to refer by character or character name since I have more investment in them.
    Back in D2 I ran pretty much nothing, but US-West HC and took all classes to 99 without chicken, maphack, etc.
    At the current moment with D3 I think HC is kind of a waste. Hell and Inferno are broken and Blizz doing daily "adjustments" to classes is pretty damn weak.
    Plus, you have an AH in HC so you're gonna be spending a tremendous amount of gold on progression gear.
    They said yesterday that content adjustment is a ways off. Normal and NM in HC I think wouldn't be much of an issue.
    Hell and Inferno atm I think would be tough with the "nerf" to Monk, Wizard, and Demon Hunter. Barb and WD I wouldn't waste time with currently.
    DH would be the "character" that I would attempt HC on if I were inclined.

When it comes to D3 PvP I don't have much interest. We'll see how that goes when they launch the arenas and such.
    LLD in D2 was pretty damn boring and high end wasn't better at all. The same in D3 for me with the twink breaks you mentioned.
    As for a few months down the road I hope to not be playing Diablo 3. WoW, D3, etc will be dropped by me as soon as Guild Wars 2 goes Gold.
    I've had more fun in the Guild Wars 2 beta events than I have had in any MMOG (Besides DAoC) in the past 15+ years.
    Bear "replicant" Powell
    "I am Shaolin-Style!"

Steam
    Monkadelic

Im kinda waiting for GW2 comes out myself, I loved the first one. I signed up for the beta but never got in.

XBL
    replicant#2618

Quote Originally Posted by Monk View Post
    Im kinda waiting for GW2 comes out myself, I loved the first one. I signed up for the beta but never got in.
    So far I have put in a bit over 40 hours into the Guild Wars 2 beta events.
    That was in a 3 day weekend BWE and a 7 hour stress test thus far for those of us who have pre-purchased the game.
    I've taken Guardian, Ranger, Engineer, Warrior, and Elementalist to Lvl 10+ (30 is our current max) with a mixture of the current 3 playable races.
    I've also taken Mesmer and Thief to Lvl 5. I plan to get them to 10 and finally play the Necromancer class in the next beta event.
    The classes I've leveled I have also played in Competitive PvP and WvW which auto-levels them to 80 (Max Level).

Having put in a good amount of time in GW1 (47/50 HoM) I can honestly say that GW2 is a whole new beast.
    The playstyle is faster, world seems more epic, and WvW brings back my favorite style of PvP (ala RvR from DAoC).
    The leveling areas are nicely put together, cities cannot be described properly, and the lack of trinity stereotypes is fun.
    Some of my friends have felt that it didn't have a solid direction because it doesn't use a conventional quest system.
    It's more about exploration and coming across events and such for you to help out and make the world come alive.
    I could ramble on for an hour, but I can honestly say that already paying my $80 for the Deluxe edition was money well spent.
    Bear "replicant" Powell
    "I am Shaolin-Style!"