Thread: Skate 2 Solo Video

Minglin'

Default Skate 2 Solo Video

A while ago I bought the skate2 filmer pack and didn't bother with it because I couldn't work it out. Well I can now so I thought I'd have a go.
    All criticism is appreciated and most likely responded to, please leave a reply with some ideas on how I could improve my next video.
    (I already know that the skater cuts out of view sometimes but it was too late to fix the errors)

Last edited by Einimoe; 05-24-2012 at 08:14 AM.

Mom's Little Belieber! <3 the Biebs!

I'm wondering why your quality in your videos is so low. Off the top of my head I'm gonna guess it's your converter....
    I really dug this...a blast from the past Skate2 stylee.

And damn I miss San Van......

i do stuff like this when i take a break from the realistic skating, because it's easy and fun to do for a couple of minutes, but in my honest opinion i don't think it's worth uploading

Minglin'

Quote Originally Posted by SK8ERatWAR View Post
    i do stuff like this when i take a break from the realistic skating, because it's easy and fun to do for a couple of minutes, but in my honest opinion i don't think it's worth uploading
    I did ask for plently of criticism and tips but to be honest that was a little negative, discouraging and useless to me to even help me get better. Sorry if I seem a little harsh but I've been doing this for not even a week and you've totaly put me off.

Mom's Little Belieber! <3 the Biebs!

Atleast he was kind about it lol. I've read people tell our new membars far worse about their videos. We've got some pretty tight standards about low-pops, pop-less, perfect catch, and anything else that falls into the realism catagory. On top of that we expect creativity. If I can figure out how to get back to the old Skate2 forums I'll link you to a post I had created filled with tons of little tricks to help noobs.

But to give you a little taste of where I started...this was the 3rd video I ever took part in.

3rd

Now here I am TWO years later and I'm half ashamed about my video and considering deleting it lol. It takes me hours to get a trick to look just right.....and even then some of that film just hits the cutting room floor. This is all one giant process....and all I can say is it works if you keep working it lol. All AA joking aside.....keep putting out videos and FIND YOUR STYLE!

don't worry about what stevie said, (SK8ERatWAR) he was merely stating his opinion, not trying to put you down.
    I feel the same way, but you do you man. Never let anyone else tell you how to play, it's all about expressing yourself.

The only advice I can offer you is to browse around the videos section of the forums and see how others film their clips.
    Yours weren't horrible, but they could use room for improvement.
    I still need work on my long lens filming and i've been playing for a long time, haha.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiltzuh View Post
    I skate unrealistic in real life...i just learned ungrindables at my local park !
    Videos; www.youtube.com/derwreck

Quote Originally Posted by Einimoe View Post
    I did ask for plently of criticism and tips but to be honest that was a little negative, discouraging and useless to me to even help me get better. Sorry if I seem a little harsh but I've been doing this for not even a week and you've totaly put me off.
    Sorry I didn't want to put you off, that was absolutely not my intention> I was a bit harsh to state my opinion like that, without any constructive criticism. I'm not telling you to skate the way I skate or like anyone else skates. I just think there's a bit of room for improvement in trickchoice. But seeing now, you only do this for about a week, you'll get there I should show you my first video haha! Like Derk said, don't let anyone's opinion, also not mine ;p put you down and discourage you from the way you skate, because it's only an opinion, and nobody gives a fuck about opinions, if you're having fun!