Thread: Few general questions about the footage.

Meth Graphic Manager InsideManager's Avatar

Lightbulb Few general questions about the footage.

Hey guys, sorry if this isn't the appropriate place but I wasn't sure where else it should go. I have been filming tons of material and have them all downloaded and saved as .flv files, my friend has sony vegas and does some decent editing but he says flv files don't work and I have to convert them.

So I've downloaded a free convertor, converted everything and all is well but his program keeps crashing when he tries to assemble the clips with the mp3 audio file. So my question is basically what do you guys use to compile footage, I just need something super basic that lets me put my flv or avi files to an mp3 and save it as a video. And any other useful info you guys have would be appreciated, I never really filmed much till recently but want to put out a few parts I have done, I have a full length 6 min clip to make and a 2-3 min spot montage at the Irvine Cathedral, any help is appreciated!

PSN
    R3C_-2-_

Quote Originally Posted by InsideManager View Post
    Hey guys, sorry if this isn't the appropriate place but I wasn't sure where else it should go. I have been filming tons of material and have them all downloaded and saved as .flv files, my friend has sony vegas and does some decent editing but he says flv files don't work and I have to convert them.

So I've downloaded a free convertor, converted everything and all is well but his program keeps crashing when he tries to assemble the clips with the mp3 audio file. So my question is basically what do you guys use to compile footage, I just need something super basic that lets me put my flv or avi files to an mp3 and save it as a video. And any other useful info you guys have would be appreciated, I never really filmed much till recently but want to put out a few parts I have done, I have a full length 6 min clip to make and a 2-3 min spot montage at the Irvine Cathedral, any help is appreciated!
    "Few General Questions" should probably go into the Skate 3 General section lol, but this is the one I use: http://www.tucows.com/preview/513034 Convert them on superb quality to WMV or MP4...

LOL Fair enough, I thought about poasting there but I figured you guys who frequent here would have a better idea about what to recommend, appreciate it!

Thanks a lot Stev, thats pretty much exactly what I needed, should be stickied at the top.