Thread: Anybody want to edit a fakeskate video part for me? $$

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Meth Graphic Manager InsideManager's Avatar

Question Anybody want to edit a fakeskate video part for me? $$

I'll try to keep it short and simple, I do a lot of stuff on the side from going to University like graphic work and running a little indy label so I don't really have any time to bother learning to edit videos or the desire really. I think my skating is pretty stylish and awesome but nobody knows me around here so I want somebody who is a good and experienced editor to whip up a full part 6 min or so video for me so that somebody will sponsor me and do the editing on future videos or atleast maybe some skaters will want to collab on some videos or something. So $20 via paypal if anybody who is good at editing wants to throw down on this, I have the music and video files rar'd and ready to go.

You'll have to go through the clips though and do an editing job on them as well because I haven't seen a ton of footage and I'm new to the online video community so if I have a trick thats lame or a spot or line that's been killed to death I'd like them edited so if you are knowledgable in the fakeskate video field it'd a bonus.

I have a few specific shots for a intro or whatever I'll give details on. And yeah that's basically it, I need somebody to make my fakeskate game look impeccable so people will want to film with me, if you're interested let me know and I want somebody with some good editing skills and use of effects or whatever, not just clips faded together, I can do that myself. There are 89 clips in total but you might widdle it down some as I said, some tricks might be lame or silly or overdone. That wasn't short or simple haha.

Uhm......I don't know what to say......There's something wrong with this...........hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Doesn't really seem wrong to me haha, I mean I could edit myself but I'd have to bother downloading a program, learning to use it and I really don't have the time. I think my skating is good enough that when people see an edited video they will be like "hey I'd skate with that guy" so I dunno, I guess that's the goal. I mean I could've gone around like an ass and asked people to do it for free, but then nobody would and I'd be in the same position I am now, and somebodys time is worth money so I'll compensate them for it, just like I pay an engineer to mix down music.

Der Mohn Tintenfisch PoppySquidJr's Avatar
    Steam
    PoppySquidJr
    XBL
    PoppySquidJr

Quote Originally Posted by InsideManager View Post
    Doesn't really seem wrong to me haha, I mean I could edit myself but I'd have to bother downloading a program, learning to use it and I really don't have the time. I think my skating is good enough that when people see an edited video they will be like "hey I'd skate with that guy" so I dunno, I guess that's the goal. I mean I could've gone around like an ass and asked people to do it for free, but then nobody would and I'd be in the same position I am now, and somebodys time is worth money so I'll compensate them for it, just like I pay an engineer to mix down music.
    Honestly It'd probably be just a better idea to throw your clips together on Windows Movie Maker until you have more of a name. People are willing to forgive a lack of good editing if you explain that you don't have access to anything better :P

I did throw together one montage on movie maker which was well recieved but I just don't really have the time to mess with it too much, nobody likes money around here or what?

Steam
    PoppySquidJr
    XBL
    PoppySquidJr

I did throw together one montage on movie maker which was well recieved but I just don't really have the time to mess with it too much, nobody likes money around here or what?
    No, it's probably more the principle of the matter. People don't generally look up to paying for somebody to make your stuff look better, it's just kinda.. weak.

ya dude, cus everyone on fluckit just sits in front of their computer and xbox editing and filming right? its ot as if any of us actually have a real life. o.O

you don't need fancy editing if your stuff is good. If your stuff is crap, amazing editing will not make it look better.
    just make video after video after video after video after video after video, with every one you'll progress in your skating and editing, and also will get you more notice.
    Asking people to edit for money is just.. I don't know, I think it's a big no no and especially in this community where everybody gets their respect as they earn it by bringing out good vids, and the most important, just by having fun and being respectful.
    eventually you'll get there. btw, if you do it just for the views, then you're doing it for the wrong reasons, of course I love to have as much views as possible, but mostly I do it because I LOVE doing this and I LOVE this community.

Steam
    PoppySquidJr
    XBL
    PoppySquidJr

Quote Originally Posted by SK8ERatWAR View Post
    you don't need fancy editing if your stuff is good. If your stuff is crap, amazing editing will not make it look better.
    just make video after video after video after video after video after video, with every one you'll progress in your skating and editing, and also will get you more notice.
    Asking people to edit for money is just.. I don't know, I think it's a big no no and especially in this community where everybody gets their respect as they earn it by bringing out good vids, and the most important, just by having fun and being respectful.
    eventually you'll get there. btw, if you do it just for the views, then you're doing it for the wrong reasons, of course I love to have as much views as possible, but mostly I do it because I LOVE doing this and I LOVE this community.
    Very, very well worded.

Quote Originally Posted by BannerBoy360 View Post
    ya dude, cus everyone on fluckit just sits in front of their computer and xbox editing and filming right? its ot as if any of us actually have a real life. o.O
    Hence the offering of money? Makes sense to me.