Thread: The Unskated

Question The Unskated

Yo guys,
    I was on a bus coming back from visiting a relative in New Jersey the other day, and as the bus pulled into the underground portion of the terminal; I noticed rails of various heights, bumps, banks, and even ledges all over the place and all unskated.
    Now, in this case, I know the spot's only a virgin because its in a super-restricted area that constantly has buses pulling in and out of it. But what about the other spots that don't have so much working against them; why are they unskated?

I plan to skate the port authority somehow one day.
    But it's only one of many spots that have never seen a board, even in a place like NYC with so many skaters, there are still a large amount of spots that no one has hit. on film or otherwise.

To wrap this up: What are some great spots around you that are unskated?

And why the hell do you think that is?
    I got that Fluckin' Love

Port authority is like asking to be arested I know where your talking about though lol if you find a good escape route do it up!
    PSN: m00rg4n_FR33man_
    XBL: Ohmidineffect

Pandora & The Devd Stck Collective.

Bruh help me eat, buy a beat.
    soundcloud.com/nothing_neue

Quote Originally Posted by Ohmidineffect View Post
    Port authority is like asking to be arested I know where your talking about though lol if you find a good escape route do it up!
    I KNOW! Port authority is an extreme example. But there's SO MUCH untouched spots in the world! And not all of them for such good reasons as port authority.
    I got that Fluckin' Love

Resident Fruitbooter Roccityroller's Avatar

we find new untouched spots up here all the time. plus cops aren't such nazi's upstate. I haven't been booted from a spot in years.

I feel like fruitbooters are more creative when it comes to finding new spots than skateboarders.
    Hoodlum Threat
    Youtube
    Live Stream
    Twitter

well you guys also get higher jumps compared to our ollies and often times can grind things alot longer than what we can on skateboards. Also don't you need less run up?
    PSN: m00rg4n_FR33man_
    XBL: Ohmidineffect

Pandora & The Devd Stck Collective.

Bruh help me eat, buy a beat.
    soundcloud.com/nothing_neue

Quote Originally Posted by Roccityroller View Post
    we find new untouched spots up here all the time. plus cops aren't such nazi's upstate. I haven't been booted from a spot in years.

I feel like fruitbooters are more creative when it comes to finding new spots than skateboarders.
    Well that depends,
    I thinks we're just as creative when it comes to spots to film. There's so many different things you can skate for a single trick. But as far as places that we designate as spots; yeah, the booters might have us beat. But definitely because they can jump higher and require sooo much less runway.
    I got that Fluckin' Love

Resident Fruitbooter Roccityroller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Legba View Post
    Well that depends,
    I thinks we're just as creative when it comes to spots to film. There's so many different things you can skate for a single trick. But as far as places that we designate as spots; yeah, the booters might have us beat. But definitely because they can jump higher and require sooo much less runway.
    "high" spots have come and gone in the blading community. The sport has gotten so much more tech now it's become about finding quirky spots. Handicap rails, roof gaps, and drop rails are things of the 90's now, it's kinda weird, but super awesome.
    Hoodlum Threat
    Youtube
    Live Stream
    Twitter