Thread: Anybody want to edit a fakeskate video part for me? $$

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Meth Graphic Manager InsideManager's Avatar

LOL Sorry man I didn't mean to ignore your offer to do it, I've just been messing around with movie maker all day publishing the video is miniscule parts and seeing if I can reassemble them in some kind of working order, but if I keep continiously failing at what I'm doing I will for sure keep you in mind especially after viewing your artwork. I work with music a lot and so I often pay mixers, producers, engineers, artists, etc. so maybe around here it seems arrogant to offer monetary reward but I am used to and expecting to pay people for their skills and talent, which I think is reasonable, I hate doing free artwork or even being asked so, I guess to clarify I don't mean any disrespect whatsoever by asking, it's alltogether respectful if anything I think.

Steam
    LowKeyIndustries
    XBL
    SteezOner

Quote Originally Posted by InsideManager View Post
    LOL Sorry man I didn't mean to ignore your offer to do it, I've just been messing around with movie maker all day publishing the video is miniscule parts and seeing if I can reassemble them in some kind of working order, but if I keep continiously failing at what I'm doing I will for sure keep you in mind especially after viewing your artwork. I work with music a lot and so I often pay mixers, producers, engineers, artists, etc. so maybe around here it seems arrogant to offer monetary reward but I am used to and expecting to pay people for their skills and talent, which I think is reasonable, I hate doing free artwork or even being asked so, I guess to clarify I don't mean any disrespect whatsoever by asking, it's alltogether respectful if anything I think.
    Forsure man. Keep at it! There's some free video editors out there for download (or you could Torrent some nice ones...but I didn't say that) if you want something other than WMM to work with.

Quote Originally Posted by NotedDerk View Post
    I want a city to be absolutely covered with scooter kids, like pigeons or rats, and if you hit just one of them, their parents run over and break your board and you can only play the game again when you purchase another 'online pass', aka a new deck, at 49.99, minimum!

Yeah WMM is simple and I got the grasp of it within like 3 minutes, I obtained Vegas 8.0 and it seems fairly straight forward but I'm having a lot of trouble getting the clips in a readable format for the program, seems like I will either get an error, no video, or just not be able to import the videos at all, so far Vegas has been troubling haha.

Steam
    LowKeyIndustries
    XBL
    SteezOner

It's probably still in FLV format. I'm not sure what converters people are using nowadays since I haven't edited a Skate 3 video for a long time, but there are some out there with decent quality. Vegas really likes .avi files, so if you can convert it into that you should be golden.

I want a city to be absolutely covered with scooter kids, like pigeons or rats, and if you hit just one of them, their parents run over and break your board and you can only play the game again when you purchase another 'online pass', aka a new deck, at 49.99, minimum!

Yeah, I appreciate the help man, WMM works best with MPEG files as far as I can tell, so I was used to that format, but I did figure out vegas likes avi's but configuring exactly what settings to convert to in AVI has been a bit hit or miss for me, I think I might have some new settings figured out, but for now at the very least it seems like I got all my clips loaded into WMM and should be able to atleast get a video finished. Only problem is there is no editing whatsoever just clips mashed together with music lol but it is better than nothing. I keep getting the clips like freezing for a split second at the end of each clip which kind of messes up the flow some, need to experiment with Vegas I guess.

Steam
    LowKeyIndustries
    XBL
    SteezOner

It's freezing in Vegas or WMM? I used to get freezing in Vegas too, I can't remember why or what fixed it though. I think it might have something to do with either the filetype or the cutting of the clip itself. If its in WMM its probably the cutting of the clip.

The second long freezing thing was in WMM, seems like the program can't process a ton of clips or info at once, have to do it in like 1 minute sections, should have this solo posted in a little bit and you'll be able to see what I mean. I'd like to get my videos to the quality level of some of the better guys who skate here, seems like It's going to take a bit of work to get there. When are you going to drop a new fakeskate part Fecal?