Thread: Anybody want to edit a fakeskate video part for me? $$

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Meth Graphic Manager InsideManager's Avatar

Doesn't really seem wrong to me haha, I mean I could edit myself but I'd have to bother downloading a program, learning to use it and I really don't have the time. I think my skating is good enough that when people see an edited video they will be like "hey I'd skate with that guy" so I dunno, I guess that's the goal. I mean I could've gone around like an ass and asked people to do it for free, but then nobody would and I'd be in the same position I am now, and somebodys time is worth money so I'll compensate them for it, just like I pay an engineer to mix down music.

Der Mohn Tintenfisch PoppySquidJr's Avatar
    Steam
    PoppySquidJr
    XBL
    PoppySquidJr

Quote Originally Posted by InsideManager View Post
    Doesn't really seem wrong to me haha, I mean I could edit myself but I'd have to bother downloading a program, learning to use it and I really don't have the time. I think my skating is good enough that when people see an edited video they will be like "hey I'd skate with that guy" so I dunno, I guess that's the goal. I mean I could've gone around like an ass and asked people to do it for free, but then nobody would and I'd be in the same position I am now, and somebodys time is worth money so I'll compensate them for it, just like I pay an engineer to mix down music.
    Honestly It'd probably be just a better idea to throw your clips together on Windows Movie Maker until you have more of a name. People are willing to forgive a lack of good editing if you explain that you don't have access to anything better :P

I did throw together one montage on movie maker which was well recieved but I just don't really have the time to mess with it too much, nobody likes money around here or what?

Steam
    PoppySquidJr
    XBL
    PoppySquidJr

I did throw together one montage on movie maker which was well recieved but I just don't really have the time to mess with it too much, nobody likes money around here or what?
    No, it's probably more the principle of the matter. People don't generally look up to paying for somebody to make your stuff look better, it's just kinda.. weak.

I guess paying people for their skills is weak, what are you a communist? lol

Steam
    PoppySquidJr
    XBL
    PoppySquidJr

I guess paying people for their skills is weak, what are you a communist? lol
    Got a drawing of Karl Marx in my room, tyvm

Seeing the Light Mad-Hatter-314's Avatar

I'll edit that ish for you for $45 since you said you wanted a 6 min video. $7.50 a minute
    PSN: MaD-HaTTeR-314

ya dude, cus everyone on fluckit just sits in front of their computer and xbox editing and filming right? its ot as if any of us actually have a real life. o.O

you don't need fancy editing if your stuff is good. If your stuff is crap, amazing editing will not make it look better.
    just make video after video after video after video after video after video, with every one you'll progress in your skating and editing, and also will get you more notice.
    Asking people to edit for money is just.. I don't know, I think it's a big no no and especially in this community where everybody gets their respect as they earn it by bringing out good vids, and the most important, just by having fun and being respectful.
    eventually you'll get there. btw, if you do it just for the views, then you're doing it for the wrong reasons, of course I love to have as much views as possible, but mostly I do it because I LOVE doing this and I LOVE this community.

Steam
    PoppySquidJr
    XBL
    PoppySquidJr

Quote Originally Posted by SK8ERatWAR View Post
    you don't need fancy editing if your stuff is good. If your stuff is crap, amazing editing will not make it look better.
    just make video after video after video after video after video after video, with every one you'll progress in your skating and editing, and also will get you more notice.
    Asking people to edit for money is just.. I don't know, I think it's a big no no and especially in this community where everybody gets their respect as they earn it by bringing out good vids, and the most important, just by having fun and being respectful.
    eventually you'll get there. btw, if you do it just for the views, then you're doing it for the wrong reasons, of course I love to have as much views as possible, but mostly I do it because I LOVE doing this and I LOVE this community.
    Very, very well worded.

Steam
    LowKeyIndustries
    XBL
    SteezOner

I will totally do this haha. I'm broke and I desire something to edit!
    Last edited by Fecal Face; 06-23-2012 at 09:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NotedDerk View Post
    I want a city to be absolutely covered with scooter kids, like pigeons or rats, and if you hit just one of them, their parents run over and break your board and you can only play the game again when you purchase another 'online pass', aka a new deck, at 49.99, minimum!

LOL I can see where you guys are coming from with the whole "earning your stripes" thing but in the context of a video game it seems a little silly lol, either way though I am attempting to edit my own parts it just seems to be disaster after disaster after "cannot publish this movie", it's pretty much to the point where I'm considering just giving up on filming and going back to playing fight night or something, I love the community and filming but I just can't seem to even put out a crappy video with movie maker, it just never will publish. And on the topic of the paying thing I personally consider it more respectful to say "hey I can't do this myself, you're good at it and I value your time here's money to do it" rather than to just run around and beg and ask people to do it for free or help me out, because honestly sometimes it feels like theres a "locals only" vibe and nobody really wants to help out the new dude trying to get footy out there, however I do appreciate the few of you guys who come in and offer criticism and ideas. Nothing sinister behind the motives I'm just at my wits end messing with converters and editors without any guidance and being sad.

LOL I can see where you guys are coming from with the whole "earning your stripes" thing but in the context of a video game it seems a little silly lol, either way though I am attempting to edit my own parts it just seems to be disaster after disaster after "cannot publish this movie", it's pretty much to the point where I'm considering just giving up on filming and going back to playing fight night or something, I love the community and filming but I just can't seem to even put out a crappy video with movie maker, it just never will publish. And on the topic of the paying thing I personally consider it more respectful to say "hey I can't do this myself, you're good at it and I value your time here's money to do it" rather than to just run around and beg and ask people to do it for free or help me out, because honestly sometimes it feels like theres a "locals only" vibe and nobody really wants to help out the new dude trying to get footy out there, however I do appreciate the few of you guys who come in and offer criticism and ideas. Nothing sinister behind the motives I'm just at my wits end messing with converters and editors without any guidance and being sad.
    earning your stripes sounds silly? that's life buddy, you're not getting into harvard without showing them that you've got what it takes.. being sponsored in a game doesn't sound silly to you then? seriously dude.. if you're confident enough that your footy is good than you don't need a good edit. It's all about the tricks, NOT the editing.
    giving money to make someone edit for you is begging in my eyes.. make friends, be active in the community.. This doesn't help people liking your videos, neither will better editing do.
    and bannerboy was being sarcastic, you thinking that it's true what he said is just disrespectful to everyone here on fluckit.

Quote Originally Posted by BannerBoy360 View Post
    ya dude, cus everyone on fluckit just sits in front of their computer and xbox editing and filming right? its ot as if any of us actually have a real life. o.O
    Hence the offering of money? Makes sense to me.