Thread: InsideManager first full length video part

Meth Graphic Manager InsideManager's Avatar

Arrow InsideManager first full length video part

Hey guys, after a ton of trouble and editing issues and after scrapping entirely my first video part I filmed, I have finally finished up with this. The editing needs a lot of work again but I think it's better than the first one and less trick ends are cut off by the fading and stuff I tried last time, seems to be an annoying as hell split-second freeze at each clips end though which is kind of driving me crazy, but the tricks are pretty awesome and hopefully you guys enjoy the lines and spots, I try to be creative as I can when putting footage out there, and hopefully you guys stay long enough to watch the full thing lol.

Any feedback is appreciated, specifically on how I can get better quality on my footage, seems to pale in comparison to some of the other stuff posted in here.

Steam
    LowKeyIndustries
    XBL
    SteezOner

Right on man. Glad to see you finally got it working.

I'm gonna ignore everything about the editing, because I know you had troubles with that. First off, I think a lot of tricks you had in there were pretty rad, a lot of the powerslide tricks were nice. I will definitely say that those tricks could be made to look even better if you used the lens glitches to achieve a fisheye or a telephoto lens effect. It's been around since skate 2, and with a few searches you could figure it out pretty fast I think.
    Another thing I'll say is don't do willy grinds unless you have the craziest banger I've ever seen. I swear they are the ugliest trick to exist, ever haha. Nothing personal, it's just the are generally frowned upon.

Keep at it man. Try to trim down your edits to the tricks that you absolutely love. Filler tricks should be throwaway, so all we see is the bangers. People will be more hyped on a 2 minute edit of gnarly bangers than a 10 minute edit of a slew of lines and tricks.

Good luck on your editing endeavors as well~

Quote Originally Posted by NotedDerk View Post
    I want a city to be absolutely covered with scooter kids, like pigeons or rats, and if you hit just one of them, their parents run over and break your board and you can only play the game again when you purchase another 'online pass', aka a new deck, at 49.99, minimum!

You kind of crushed my dreams haha, I spent so long getting that willy perfect onto the otherside of the rail at the end lol, this is partly why I was seeking editing help because I don't really know what kind of tricks or spots are played out and considered lame so that was helpful man. I also have never heard of that glitch before so I'll definately look into that one, this was definately a longer video and I think in the future I'm going to stick within the 2-3 minutes bangers because they're way easier to edit and plan for, working on a less technical more gnarly video part now which should be an improvement. Appreciate all the good constructive feedback.

editing wise not horrible,not sure what's going on with the freezes.
    skating was good,some of the tricks were a little weird but that's part of the whole sharing vids with each other here,everybody's got something different.if we all did the same tricks and stuff it'd be pretty damn boring.
    are you uploading in hi res?

don't get discouraged,as i'm sure you've heard before just keep making vids.the more you do the better you'll get at it.you know the old saying,"practice,practice"
    only other thing i'll add is maybe start out with some shorter vids..the length may turn a few people away.
    keep at it man,and keep making those dope graphics too

Thanks M, definately going to keep making videos, try to do a few shorter ones like you guys said and maybe try a big one again later when I'm better with it, length is definately kind of long should've cut some tricks here and there I guess, hard to cut something when you've spent time perfecting it though lol. Appreciate the graphics props as well, have to balance my time between GC and videos now, park creating is beyond me.

Mom's Little Belieber! <3 the Biebs!

There's your fish eye and telescopic glitch. I generally film in 18mm or above 120mm. With the 120mm+ lens' you really bring out alot of the detail of your skater and the environment...and of course the fisheye is good for fisheye stuff =D

A couple of things that can help the flow of your parts.
    1) Don't show your skater pushing up to every trick. Find a way to film so it's not at the begining of every clip. A push or two in lines is to be expected and can grant a sence of realism....but if it's at the start of each clip it get's repetative and can start to seperate the viewer from their desire to watch your part.
    2) Use secondary angles for your big big tricks. If it's some gnarly gap make sure you stamp it on everyones forehead =D
    3) Choose a stance goofy/regular and stick with it. Although we all wish we looked as natural in switch as the fabled Prod I've found that some tricks simply look better if done from a true switch stance.

Outside of that you've got a good momentum going and I can't wait to see how much better your videos get. Keep it up=D

That was sick. Good tricks, especially that bench grind toward the end.

Thanks DuMu and Mage, glad you guys took the time to watch it, that video helped me learn a few things filming wise which I didn't know so hopefully the next video I can put some of those tricks to use, working on a new better part now hopefully it will be an upgrade.