Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Noir (Primary, XBOX only) Promo Video inside

Der Mohn Tintenfisch PoppySquidJr's Avatar
    Steam
    PoppySquidJr
    XBL
    PoppySquidJr

Default Noir (Primary, XBOX only) Promo Video inside

So here's the details. Andreas and I are starting a team, titled Noir.

Current Members: Gamertag (Forum name)
    SalamiAndreas (Andreas)
    the Luftwaffe (Luftwaffe)
    JakeSkate306 (Same on forum)
    SteezOner (Fecal Face)
    BaphoM3th (Same on Forum)
    InsideManager (Same on Forum)
    PoppinSuds (Same on Forum)
    SmurfsInABox (Same on forum)

Recruiting is a very invitational thing. If you post here asking to join and we don't know you, you're not getting in unless you're REALLY damn impressive.

Credits to Ayreon for help with the intro :P
    Last edited by PoppySquidJr; 03-22-2013 at 08:54 PM.

Blazing a Trail
    XBL
    SalamiAndreas

hump

ignore this post

Last edited by i am a snail; 01-21-2013 at 01:40 PM. Reason: hurrf durf oh god i'm fucking retarded hurf 2 electric boogaloo

Meth Graphic Manager InsideManager's Avatar

Steam
    PoppySquidJr
    XBL
    PoppySquidJr

Quote Originally Posted by InsideManager View Post
    No bueno. Noir is based off of Film Noir. Metal letters, inverted crosses, all of that shit is so far from the themery of the team. That shit is not Noir. You gotta follow the classy as fuck, film noir feel. Noir is dark, but it's classy dark. It's about corruption in the police, the political system, and the minds of those surrounded by it in the cities. Think black&white detective films. These are very good graphics, but these are NOT representative of our team and they never will be. Noir is indicative of SO much more than the color black. Watching our premier video would tell you that in a heartbeat.

Edit: Also, the inverted cross is actually a Catholic symbol for anybody interested in losing ignorance. The upside down cross originated with St. Peter the Fisherman, who was to be hanged for following the teachings of christ. He asked to be nailed upside-down to the cross, as he did not feel he deserved the same fate as Jesus. Since then, the upside down cross is actually a sign of humility and unselfishness in the name of God. So before you go around toting inverted crosses like you're some anti-religious badass, think about what you may ACTUALLY be portraying about yourself.
    Last edited by PoppySquidJr; 08-26-2012 at 05:01 PM.
    The artist formerly known as Luft

OK.
    Last edited by InsideManager; 08-26-2012 at 06:05 PM.

Steam
    LowKeyIndustries
    XBL
    SteezOner

Quote Originally Posted by Luftwaffe View Post
    No bueno. Noir is based off of Film Noir. Metal letters, inverted crosses, all of that shit is so far from the themery of the team. That shit is not Noir. You gotta follow the classy as fuck, film noir feel. Noir is dark, but it's classy dark. It's about corruption in the police, the political system, and the minds of those surrounded by it in the cities. Think black&white detective films. These are very good graphics, but these are NOT representative of our team and they never will be. Noir is indicative of SO much more than the color black. Watching our premier video would tell you that in a heartbeat.

Edit: Also, the inverted cross is actually a Catholic symbol for anybody interested in losing ignorance. The upside down cross originated with St. Peter the Fisherman, who was to be hanged for following the teachings of christ. He asked to be nailed upside-down to the cross, as he did not feel he deserved the same fate as Jesus. Since then, the upside down cross is actually a sign of humility and unselfishness in the name of God. So before you go around toting inverted crosses like you're some anti-religious badass, think about what you may ACTUALLY be portraying about yourself.
    /rant

I kinda just got scared of you haha.

Quote Originally Posted by NotedDerk View Post
    I want a city to be absolutely covered with scooter kids, like pigeons or rats, and if you hit just one of them, their parents run over and break your board and you can only play the game again when you purchase another 'online pass', aka a new deck, at 49.99, minimum!

I agree with fecal, I think I'm scared of lufts criticism atleaste,
    But also agree with you too, I'm sick of people tossin up these upside down crosses.
    You're against god? Youre hard as fuck dude... No offence to insidemanager I def like
    The first graphic looks clean and more of a noir feel. Let's see what else you've got!
    Jakeskate306
    LPC Team Manager/Co-Founder
    StrangeClothing Team Manager/Founder
    Noir Skateboards Team Rider

Steam
    PoppySquidJr
    XBL
    PoppySquidJr

Quote Originally Posted by Fecal Face View Post
    /rant

I kinda just got scared of you haha.
    Have to leave a hard message, man. It's tough love, I'm stoked he's willing to make graphics for us, but he's gotta know what's up.

Quote Originally Posted by JakeSkate306 View Post
    I agree with fecal, I think I'm scared of lufts criticism atleaste,
    But also agree with you too, I'm sick of people tossin up these upside down crosses.
    You're against god? Youre hard as fuck dude... No offence to insidemanager I def like
    The first graphic looks clean and more of a noir feel. Let's see what else you've got!
    I don't even like the first one, tbh. The font is too Metal. Go for handwritten cursive, broadway sign lettering, and italicized, bold, sans-serif font with a slight shadow behind it. Those are the 3 things I would highly recommend starting with.

(P.S. Inside, I hope you didn't take offense by my rant, I just needed to get the message across strictly and quickly. Hope you can forgive me <3)

Haha its all good man, me and Fecal kind of already had the talk, I was watching a lot of Strange clothing stuff which is a lil more hardcore and I was kind of mixing the team styles up, hence the first two being kind of that vibe. I know what you guys are looking for now though, going to be a little different because a lot of the classic film noir style is just really simply text and bold colours, but I think I can put out some good stuff. I'm glad I just finished a class in university on detective fiction and film haha. The suggestions will be put to good use Luft.

Just a suggestion I really like the idea of a nice cuban cigar laying in an ashtray burning away with the smoke meshing off to the side saying "Noir"

Also the detective hat idea is baller.
    Jakeskate306

Steam
    LowKeyIndustries
    XBL
    SteezOner

Just a suggestion I really like the idea of a nice cuban cigar laying in an ashtray burning away with the smoke meshing off to the side saying "Noir"

Also the detective hat idea is baller.

YES. Or a blunt. You know..whatevs haha.

A sick Box Logo style logo would be very sick, too.

I want a city to be absolutely covered with scooter kids, like pigeons or rats, and if you hit just one of them, their parents run over and break your board and you can only play the game again when you purchase another 'online pass', aka a new deck, at 49.99, minimum!

Here's something more on the right track, need to cook up some good designs, this was just a super quickie but I dig it. Should be getting more to the right type of style. Was thinking about doing like a fake tuxedo shirt with a cigarette case poking out the breast pocket with an engraved "NOIR" or something, we'll see what happens. I dig the cigar idea too, smoke is so hard to pull off realistically though, I'll see what I can do.

Noir team 3d logo

http://skate.ea.com/gallery?contentT...396b364f450a02

Steam
    LowKeyIndustries
    XBL
    SteezOner

Here's something more on the right track, need to cook up some good designs, this was just a super quickie but I dig it. Should be getting more to the right type of style. Was thinking about doing like a fake tuxedo shirt with a cigarette case poking out the breast pocket with an engraved "NOIR" or something, we'll see what happens. I dig the cigar idea too, smoke is so hard to pull off realistically though, I'll see what I can do.

Noir team 3d logo

This looks fantastic.

Steam
    PoppySquidJr
    XBL
    PoppySquidJr

Noir team 3d logo

On the right track. For reference, this was what I was talking about, however

EDIT: Also, a Suit would be more fitting than a tux. :V

I agree with the blunt idea
    Jakeskate306

Steam
    LowKeyIndustries
    XBL
    SteezOner

Steam
    PoppySquidJr
    XBL
    PoppySquidJr

:U You should have one with a blunt, and one with a cigar. ya know, the whole stereotypical good guy/bad guy thing going on
    Last edited by PoppySquidJr; 08-29-2012 at 01:54 PM.

Oh what Im a bad guy cus i smoke that good shit?
    Jakeskate306

Steam
    PoppySquidJr
    XBL
    PoppySquidJr

Oh what Im a bad guy cus i smoke that good shit?
    stereotypically you would be

XBL
    TOATISCOMING

Hey can i get a spot on the team,i film my own stuff,if you need a sponser me video,i have no video editor anymore maybe i can ask someone to edit one for me,if you guys need one

Steam
    PoppySquidJr
    XBL
    PoppySquidJr

Well it looks like you got your own thing running anyway, so there's no need to worry about that now, is there :V

XBL
    TOATISCOMING

Not even as a secondary :/

Steam
    PoppySquidJr
    XBL
    PoppySquidJr

Quote Originally Posted by TOATISCOMING View Post
    Not even as a secondary :/
    that's not... really how it works
    you can still sesh with us though, and being a guest in a video is never out of the question :V

XBL
    TOATISCOMING

Alright im fine with that maybe i can rock a noir stickers oon my decks

Steam
    LowKeyIndustries
    XBL
    SteezOner

What is going on here guys we need to put out footy hahaha

Blazing a Trail
    XBL
    SalamiAndreas

that s2 thing... erhem jake.

ignore this post

Last edited by i am a snail; 01-21-2013 at 01:40 PM. Reason: hurrf durf oh god i'm fucking retarded hurf 2 electric boogaloo

Steam
    LowKeyIndustries
    XBL
    SteezOner

someone harrass him please hahaha

Everybody love everybody, its on the wall.

Blazing a Trail
    XBL
    SalamiAndreas

alright guys we're going to have a meeting sometime in the next 2 weeks. post EVERY AVAILABILITY YOU HAVE. I want everyone on for a couple reasons which I'll get to. inside, check your pm's. thanks guys.

ignore this post

Steam
    LowKeyIndustries
    XBL
    SteezOner

Quote Originally Posted by andreas View Post
    alright guys we're going to have a meeting sometime in the next 2 weeks. post EVERY AVAILABILITY YOU HAVE. I want everyone on for a couple reasons which I'll get to. inside, check your pm's. thanks guys.
    Meeting online? or on Live?

I have Wednesday and Friday nights off of work, so that would be best for me.

Steam
    PoppySquidJr
    XBL
    PoppySquidJr

Fuck man, I'll give my phone number out to you guys if need be. I don't have any *set* availabilities. Shit pops up here. A lot. :/

I'm fairly open every night for the most part, I'm Canadian though so time differences and shit, but I'm pretty easy to work with and not fussy. I like the idea you PM'd me, want to try and maybe get a board or two made before we try a new video though.

Friday from 2- whenever

ahhh sweet sweet memories >: )

Blazing a Trail
    XBL
    SalamiAndreas

so far friday seems prime. sometime around 8 est/5pst?
    and howie, live would be prime because well... you know. talking>>>typing.

ignore this post

Friday should work for me, I think 8est is like 9pm my time, I dunno I'll figure it out. Made this team deck up quick, it isn't amazing but should look good in game. Hard to tell but the background is actually a dark grey, and then the back of the filmstrips is transparent for whatever colour you choose.

NOIR film team deck

http://skate.ea.com/gallery?contentT...39e151d46760e0

Steam
    PoppySquidJr
    XBL
    PoppySquidJr

Friday should work for me, I think 8est is like 9pm my time, I dunno I'll figure it out. Made this team deck up quick, it isn't amazing but should look good in game. Hard to tell but the background is actually a dark grey, and then the back of the filmstrips is transparent for whatever colour you choose.

NOIR film team deck

http://skate.ea.com/gallery?contentT...39e151d46760e0
    Oh my god I love this. This is much more like it. <3

Blazing a Trail
    XBL
    SalamiAndreas

fucking hell I love you.

ignore this post

Steam
    LowKeyIndustries
    XBL
    SteezOner

Oh my gahd so sexc

Steam
    fallingskyline
    PSN
    fallingskyline
    XBL
    fallingskyline

i made this, maybe you like it:

linky here

this was just made for the sake of using the gc once in a while...
    Last edited by fallingskyline; 09-20-2012 at 06:14 AM.
    Skate Till Death (STD) / Doppelgänger Produktion (DP) / Small Town Crime (STC) / Dharma Inc. / Cap Faction ST

Steam
    PoppySquidJr
    XBL
    PoppySquidJr

Quote Originally Posted by fallingskyline View Post
    i made this, maybe you like it:

linky here

this was just made for the sake of using the gc once in a while...
    I like it, but I'm not sure it suits the feel of the theme very well. Nonetheless, still better than anything I can make.