Thread: Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD [Release Date and New DLC Info]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Stopped Pushing Mongo SpadedOne's Avatar

I won on a scratcher so I picked up THPSHD.
    There are just too many bad choices that were made here.
    No splitscreen anything?
    I just 100% the game with Andrew Reynolds. I can only play all the levels with Andrew. If I want to play Marseille with Nyjah, I have to play all the way through the game again. Bad choice.
    Seriously?
    This really could have been an amazing arcade title with just a few little changes.
    The nostalgia doesn't hold up very long and when it runs out, you can't even play the character you want on the level you want.
    Maybe they can address some of these problems with the DLC or a patch or something.
    "I don't want to talk to you no more, you empty headed animal food trough wiper. I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries."

Fluckit Master

Lol noodle I used to play online on East LA all the time. My record is like 273millions or sumthin like that. Still can do all those buttslaps, neuroplants, vertical np's, vsws and shit.
    I wasn't very good at prov tho. I just knew the lines for each map, and then maybe I changed them a lil bit.

Quote Originally Posted by SpadedOne View Post
    I won on a scratcher so I picked up THPSHD.
    There are just too many bad choices that were made here.
    No splitscreen anything?
    I just 100% the game with Andrew Reynolds. I can only play all the levels with Andrew. If I want to play Marseille with Nyjah, I have to play all the way through the game again. Bad choice.
    Seriously?
    This really could have been an amazing arcade title with just a few little changes.
    The nostalgia doesn't hold up very long and when it runs out, you can't even play the character you want on the level you want.
    Maybe they can address some of these problems with the DLC or a patch or something.
    I literally did the same thing, all with Reynolds as well. Was pretty pissed about how you can't freeskate any level with any character after you beat all the levels with one.
    And another stupid thing is after I beat all the challenges, and maxed out my stats, I wanted to just freeskate, went to lower my stats so I don't ollie 10 feet high and you can't edit them once you've set them all the way up, was pretty pissed at that.
    It seems like the base idea is there, but theres a lot they forgot to think about with this game. Hopefully theres an update where they make it so if you unlock levels with a character you can freeskate in those levels with any character, I really don't feel like doing all the challenges 2,3,4...etc. times over.

Also, has anyone done all the projectives with a character yet? Any unlocks?

hearing more bad than good about this game...think i'll use my $15 for a dime bag and a tall boy

Noodlezer couldn't have summed it up any better.
    I don't regret buying the game one bit, still going to play it from time to time.
    Robomodo just has a lot to learn and improve on, if they expand it further.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiltzuh View Post
    I skate unrealistic in real life...i just learned ungrindables at my local park !
    Videos; www.youtube.com/derwreck

Seeing the Light

Quote Originally Posted by m7419 View Post
    hearing more bad than good about this game...think i'll use my $15 for a dime bag and a tall boy
    Well, actually, this game is just "not what it could easily have been", but I wouldn't recommend not to buy it, cause it's still a nice game! For $15, which good game do you have? Trials HD/evolution, and...? Not a lot.

If you enjoy skateboarding (and you're here, so you do), you'll have more fun playing this $15 game than a lot (most?) of $50/70 games.

Let's say that for us its a good alternative to Skate3, like when nobody's online and you have no inspiration at all for tricks or filming

Stopped Pushing Mongo SpadedOne's Avatar

I just 100% the game again this morning with Rodney Mullen. Took about 2 hours.
    Hopefully Robomodo will listen to the consumer and fix some of these small, non-gameplay problems.
    This game has such incredible potential.
    "I don't want to talk to you no more, you empty headed animal food trough wiper. I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries."

i'll definately try the demo just to see how it feels before i decide to buy it or not,but i'd much rather be able to play any level with any skater instead of having to go beat it with each skater

Seeing the Light

Quote Originally Posted by m7419 View Post
    i'd much rather be able to play any level with any skater instead of having to go beat it with each skater
    Just create an online session in free skate mode, and there you go