Thread: Thrasher: Skate and Destroy

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    UG/Popless Pioneer pawnluvguitarist's Avatar

It really is a great game. If you've ever Played Dave Mirra its the same engine
    There is a pretty steep learning curve, especially on hardcore, for some tricks you'll have to hold multiple buttons on take off. With the combination of the landing button and having to balance grinds, there can be a lot going on.

Fluckit Senior Citizen replicant's Avatar
    XBL
    replicant#2618

Thrasher: Skate and Destroy was the best skateboarding game before Skate hit the scene.
    It's still worth every moment you get a chance to play it these days.
    The complexity it has like PLG pointed out is pretty crazy till you get it on lock.

Also, throw away Mat Hoffman's Pro BMX while you have the chance.
    It is an absolute piece of garbage. Grab Mat Hoffman's Pro BMX 2 for a much better version of that series.
    Dave Mirra Freestyle BMX 1, Remix, and 2 I'd recommend buying as well because they are the best BMX games to date.
    Bear "replicant" Powell
    "I am Shaolin-Style!"

XBL: replicant#2618

Currently Playing: Diablo 2 Resurrected, Elden Ring, Skate 3

Pawn, did you make some Thrasher videos at some point or am I making that up? And yeah, complexity of controls being high in this game just gives me more creativity.

And Replicant - yeah, I am really looking forward to Thrasher.
    About Matt Hoffman - I really do love Matt Hoffman's Pro BMX 1, I played it as a child and even as a slightly older child and loved it. So, I bought it. I remember always wanting a PS2 so I could play Mat Hoffman's Pro BMX 2, having loved the first so much. Can anyone else comment on Mat Hoffman 1 vs 2? I may look into it now that you said it was better Replicant (although we do have vastly different opinions on the first game).

And about Dave Mirra - I spent a LOT of time with it on PC, never really played it seriously for the campaign but only for free-ride. I was looking into buying the first one for PS1, but never really looked into the second. I may have to give it some time hahaha
    Also, because I'm lazy, could you tell me about the 'Maximum Remix' edition? If I were to pick up Dave Mirra Freestyle BMX 1, it sounds like this version of it would be the way to go. How much does it add to the game, in an objective and subjective sense?

Thanks
    Last edited by Boris Magee; 08-01-2012 at 03:58 AM.

Fluckit Master

Boris, the Maximum Remix version has more maps than the regular version (Carnival, one great minimarket nighttime map, and a few more).
    The difference is only that one I believe, and a few different songs. Oh and somehow, the cheats do not work on the Maximum remix version (actually this version was the only one available here at that moment, the only cheats tha work are the ones that unlock maps and bikes).
    But maybe that was because I don't know one single person in my city that had the PS1 running with original game copies.
    How much does it add? Well, more maps = more fun, more lines, more spots more hype, and that nightime map I named was the one I used to play the most.
    DaveMirraMaximumRemix was welded into my PS1 system, so were thrasher and some other classics, but not as much as dave's.

edit: I'd give my left nut to own a ps1 system again, with my favorite games, every PS1 memory I have involves great, funny, unforgettable moments, either by myself, or with friends.

Blazing a Trail

Also in dm max remix the dm1 levels are changed alittle bit..

Thanks Pawn, that should help tide me over until the game arrives.
    And agus - hmm, sounds interesting. The removal of cheat codes ensures that I will play the game properly and get the most out of it, so after I give my bank account a courtesy cooldown period I will get right back into buying games again and that will be one of them. And you should look into buying a PS1 off of eBay - I was originally going to do that, but I thought why not make the extra step to PS2 and give myself access to thousands of more games.
    And Eternal - yeah, I am definitely intrigued in maximum remix hahahah. Also, thanks for your Thrasher montages - I have watched them to death in anticipation of the game coming in the mail.