Thread: My Friend's New Band

Der Mohn Tintenfisch PoppySquidJr's Avatar
    Steam
    PoppySquidJr
    XBL
    PoppySquidJr

Default My Friend's New Band

So one of my pals started a new band with a twist. It's a garage-chiptune band. Think Anamanaguchi, but with more emphasis on real instruments also being there. They're brand new, and they're still trying to really develop their own style, but they officially finished their first recording not too long ago, It'd be awesome if you'd check his stuff out. I don't normally advertise things on forums, but this is a good buddy of mine and honestly I like the music, so I figured it'd be great to share it with you guys too. BTW the name is Seicross
    http://seicross.bandcamp.com/
    EDIT: If anyone wants to download, it's name your own price, so you can just put $0 and download for free. Not assuming anyone would go as far as to want to download it though
    Last edited by PoppySquidJr; 08-04-2012 at 10:38 PM.

Blazing a Trail
    XBL
    SalamiAndreas

made me prolapse

ignore this post

Last edited by i am a snail; 01-21-2013 at 01:40 PM. Reason: hurrf durf oh god i'm fucking retarded hurf 2 electric boogaloo

honestly, I'd never listen to this, and wouldn't understand why anyone would. I mean, lose the beeps and boops and you've got a pretty basic and simple bass and guitarline. so even without the added sounds it just isn't something for me.. not trying to be a dick or something, just giving my honest opinion. everyone's got their own taste, and hey it's better than most mainstream music!

Der Mohn Tintenfisch PoppySquidJr's Avatar
    Steam
    PoppySquidJr
    XBL
    PoppySquidJr

Quote Originally Posted by SK8ERatWAR View Post
    honestly, I'd never listen to this, and wouldn't understand why anyone would. I mean, lose the beeps and boops and you've got a pretty basic and simple bass and guitarline. so even without the added sounds it just isn't something for me.. not trying to be a dick or something, just giving my honest opinion. everyone's got their own taste, and hey it's better than most mainstream music!
    well the chiptune music is a very niche thing, I love it personally. But for your knowledge, even the beeps and boops are played on actual instruments, it's his bass, modified with a gameboy. So he still plays every note heard. This song was intentionally very simple, because it was mostly them getting used to recording and getting songs set up. In the future it'll likely get more complex.

Quote Originally Posted by Luftwaffe View Post
    well the chiptune music is a very niche thing, I love it personally. But for your knowledge, even the beeps and boops are played on actual instruments, it's his bass, modified with a gameboy. So he still plays every note heard. This song was intentionally very simple, because it was mostly them getting used to recording and getting songs set up. In the future it'll likely get more complex.
    oh I didn't know that, I respect that. although it's still not my taste