Thread: 1080p Settings (fixed)

Default 1080p Settings (fixed)

1080p quality starts with your converter. A good converter to use is Xilisoft HD Video Converter. Click link for free download.

Download > Install > Open converter > Insert skate. clips > Change output profile

Top right box. Change profile to video stream.

In video stream, adjust the settings according to the following two pictures:

Change back to profile. Change to these settings:

Hit the convert button. Done.

Now, once you have your converted clips, you're going to want to put them in your Vegas.

Open Vegas > Change project properties

Every time you put a clip in vegas, right click the clip, then click on properties. Always disable resample.

When you are done editing the video, you'll need to render the video with the following settings. Click file > render as

Render as > custom (video)

Custom (video) > custom (audio)

Custom (audio) > custom (project)

Click ok. Click render. When it's done rendering, you'll have a 1080p High Definition video.

Steam
    LowKeyIndustries
    XBL
    SteezOner

Hell yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by NotedDerk View Post
    I want a city to be absolutely covered with scooter kids, like pigeons or rats, and if you hit just one of them, their parents run over and break your board and you can only play the game again when you purchase another 'online pass', aka a new deck, at 49.99, minimum!

Thanks that's great!

Blazing a Trail
    XBL
    SalamiAndreas

bump

ignore this post

Last edited by i am a snail; 01-21-2013 at 01:40 PM. Reason: hurrf durf oh god i'm fucking retarded hurf 2 electric boogaloo

Very nice of you Marco. Stickied.
    Quote Originally Posted by Clayfighter
    this was florescent beige , so good it makes no sense
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevland
    abba is not as cool as nazis but it's fucking close

Steam
    fallingskyline
    PSN
    fallingskyline
    XBL
    fallingskyline

Don't wanna sound like a dick, but where is the point in converting a not even 720p30 video to blown up 1080p60?
    Skate Till Death (STD) / Doppelgänger Produktion (DP) / Small Town Crime (STC) / Dharma Inc. / Cap Faction ST

Quote Originally Posted by MarcoPoloUSN View Post
    When it's done rendering, you'll have a 1080p High Definition video.

well, you do get a file at said resolution. but the quality of the image is worse than what you started with, and the video demands way more resources to play, espess in an online scenario, like youtube etc. for optimal quality on your footage, edit the flv files directly, export as a container (quicktime or similar) and upload. this way the footage will only convert once, at youtubes own servers.

upscaling does NOT help with picturequality, stop wasting your time

i might try that out and see what happens. but...
    i have used the settings above, and the video looks completely fine.

Chief Alcohol Strategist momadaddy's Avatar
    PSN
    momadaddy
    XBL
    momadaddy

about to edit a mini. i will give this a try. always have the worst quality. hope this helps. thanks!

"Your friendship with xi SATORI ix has been broken"

umm, about this, I got a new laptop and decided to get new and better setting and then I remembered this was on fluckit. Problem I have is, I can't drag my clips into vegas.. like it doesn't support the mp4 files.. and it also seems that after converting the audio runs behind the video..

I started having that problem when I got my new computer as well. I think it has something to do with the new Quicktime settings. When I downgraded my Quicktime, my mp4 files started working again. However, since I have a cap card, I'll never need to convert again. I really don't need the settings above since ive got the cap card. I don't know about the audio issue. I've never had it. If it helps, maybe you should try converting to different file types to see which one will work.

I'll see if i can update or downgrade, whatever is needed. thanks for the tip!

XBL
    emericaridr11

Quote Originally Posted by SK8ERatWAR View Post
    I'll see if i can update or downgrade, whatever is needed. thanks for the tip!
    from what ive always thought and read......

Sony Vegas doesnt like mp4s "sometimes", you would be in better "editing" shape if you use Avi (but then the file will be huge)...
    also you could try a HDV codec, heard those run ok with vegas (not sure though)

or try a mpeg2 codec..

also heard if you use "Handbreak" to convert your clips to mp4's some reason Vegas reads those, again im not sure just things to try

Quote Originally Posted by emericaridr11 View Post
    from what ive always thought and read......

Sony Vegas doesnt like mp4s "sometimes", you would be in better "editing" shape if you use Avi (but then the file will be huge)...
    also you could try a HDV codec, heard those run ok with vegas (not sure though)

or try a mpeg2 codec..

also heard if you use "Handbreak" to convert your clips to mp4's some reason Vegas reads those, again im not sure just things to try
    I hate avi because of their size. in mpeg2 and hdv codecs i got them in vegas but i still have the audio problem, I'm gonna try another converter because it seems that the converter is doing that.
    one other thing though, I tried mov codecs because i have just made 2 video's with clips that were recorded to mov from a nikon d3100, but i can't get them in vegas, while had just used them for those video's..

edit: indeed, like you suggested, when converting with handbrake, vegas does play mp4 haha, and i even got rid of the sound problem, i don't seem to get it in 1920x1080 though.
    Last edited by SK8ERatWAR; 05-26-2013 at 04:22 PM.

XBL
    TheDietTea

Some programs have different versions of File types When you render video.
    Sometimes the Video Format simply isn't compatible with the video editor.
    You may get it to work a few times but that halt in production, bump in the road.. stops reading your shit, likely not compatible.
    The only thing about switching up programs is different versions of the same file type, comes with possible change in quality.
    Just what I've learned figuring my setup out anyhow!
    If you capture in a program called virtualdub There is an option to make that capture "Full Process"
    Without selecting that option your output AVI file won't be compatible in vegas.
    Look around, if there's options toy with them.

XBL
    emericaridr11

Quote Originally Posted by SK8ERatWAR View Post
    I hate avi because of their size. in mpeg2 and hdv codecs i got them in vegas but i still have the audio problem, I'm gonna try another converter because it seems that the converter is doing that.
    one other thing though, I tried mov codecs because i have just made 2 video's with clips that were recorded to mov from a nikon d3100, but i can't get them in vegas, while had just used them for those video's..

edit: indeed, like you suggested, when converting with handbrake, vegas does play mp4 haha, and i even got rid of the sound problem, i don't seem to get it in 1920x1080 though.
    half way there i guess

edit: btw for anyone who wants to know-

mp4 and mov are both JUST "Containers" - they both hold the same Codecs basically (with few minor changes or course)
    just seems mov is more "strictly" Mac based

you never want to edit in H.264 codecs, as they are "Delivery" Codecs for making your video highly compressed but keep damn good quality (think "save for web")
    now i know some programs edit h.264 "Natively" (i think new cs6 Premiere does)
    but most programs HATE it

of course Avi is "Uncompressed" so the file is huge cause it retains all the little details, lovely if space isnt a issue

mpeg2 should work best for vegas imo, then just Render/Export out from vegas in Mp4(H.264)

Lots of Options! ahhhhhhh

Wish i could help out more man, i would
    Last edited by emericaridr11; 05-26-2013 at 09:20 PM.

you've helped me quite enough man! I'm uploading a video right now, and the quality came out really good. I'm just converting with prism, to mp4.. haha

Quote Originally Posted by olivearnold View Post
    Thanks that's great!

funny pics
    We got ourselves a spammer