Thread: Luftwaffe in a Local Pool -S3

Der Mohn Tintenfisch PoppySquidJr's Avatar
    Steam
    PoppySquidJr
    XBL
    PoppySquidJr

Default Luftwaffe in a Local Pool -S3

EXPIREMENTAL VIDEO: IF YOU THINK WHAT I DID LOOKS LIKE SHIT AND SHOULDN'T BE DONE AGAIN, DON'T BE AFRAID TO TELL ME, I JUST WON'T DO IT AGAIN EVER

Was just seshing a bowl when a random local started watching, he wound up grabbing some film to show his friends. Asked him for a copy so I could show you guys.
    (Expiremental video, just thought it'd be cool to have something not pro-filmed in S3 for once. I'll see what you guys think)

The artist formerly known as Luft

i liked it,had a home movie feel to it.i wanna make babies with your pool skating so years from now when skate 8 comes out(lulz) i'll have an army of fakeskaters to make pool vids for my enjoyment

Steam
    PoppySquidJr
    XBL
    PoppySquidJr

Quote Originally Posted by m7419 View Post
    i liked it,had a home movie feel to it.i wanna make babies with your pool skating so years from now when skate 8 comes out(lulz) i'll have an army of fakeskaters to make pool vids for my enjoyment
    Surely the most detailed "weird" comment I ever got. Thanks for the feedback though
    This is the most effort I'll ever go through as long as I only have windows movie maker. Had to edit 8 separate songs in audacity, lower the quality and add some echo while lowering the volume, to get that "played outside during the skating" sound to it. Sucks though, I could only add one audio track at a time to a clip, or else I would've had the sound of wind fucking with the camera mic and reactions by the dude with the camera.

Blazing a Trail
    XBL
    SalamiAndreas

/end community

ignore this post

Last edited by i am a snail; 01-21-2013 at 01:40 PM. Reason: hurrf durf oh god i'm fucking retarded hurf 2 electric boogaloo

Steam
    PoppySquidJr
    XBL
    PoppySquidJr

Quote Originally Posted by andreas View Post
    /end community
    I never understand your comments.

...watched it again with sound on! great idea an sick skating...i like that!!!
    !!!

Steam
    LowKeyIndustries
    XBL
    SteezOner

This was so rad. Never thought of this idea, I really dig it.

Once again I hate you because you skate bowls so well~

Quote Originally Posted by NotedDerk View Post
    I want a city to be absolutely covered with scooter kids, like pigeons or rats, and if you hit just one of them, their parents run over and break your board and you can only play the game again when you purchase another 'online pass', aka a new deck, at 49.99, minimum!

1. Please don't do flip tricks that rotate one way while you are rotating the other way
    2. Get that fucking beach ball out of the pool
    3. Sick concept, nice skating

Quote Originally Posted by Clayfighter
    this was florescent beige , so good it makes no sense
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevland
    abba is not as cool as nazis but it's fucking close

Steam
    PoppySquidJr
    XBL
    PoppySquidJr

Quote Originally Posted by knexzor View Post
    1. Please don't do flip tricks that rotate one way while you are rotating the other way
    2. Get that fucking beach ball out of the pool
    3. Sick concept, nice skating

1)The fliptrick was intentional, supposed to be a sex-change flip. Idk, I like the way it looks. any other fliptrick I'd agree with.
    2)Yea, I know. I kept forgetting but I was in a rush to get my clips so I didn't have time to re-do lines that I was already happy with for the most part. Been filming for multiple things at once, ya know?

Anyway thanks for the feedback
    Last edited by PoppySquidJr; 08-14-2012 at 03:41 PM.

I enjoyed this solo much tricks were good
    And I knew every single song that played x)

ahhh sweet sweet memories >: )

Steam
    PoppySquidJr
    XBL
    PoppySquidJr

Quote Originally Posted by BaphoM3th View Post
    I enjoyed this solo much tricks were good
    And I knew every single song that played x)
    <3 Great musical taste, buddy.

I think andreas is saying your video is garbage
    AND
    is the first sign of the end of this community, where has he been the last year or so? haha.
    (I'm sure more would argue that it's been 'dead' way longer then a year.)

Pretty good concept though, I can see how much work you put into the whole thing, the only thing you could have improved sound-wise is taking out those damn click sounds at the beginning of clips, might be difficult to do in wmm though, haven't touched that in years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiltzuh View Post
    I skate unrealistic in real life...i just learned ungrindables at my local park !
    Videos; www.youtube.com/derwreck

Steam
    PoppySquidJr
    XBL
    PoppySquidJr

I think andreas is saying your video is garbage
    AND
    is the first sign of the end of this community, where has he been the last year or so? haha.
    (I'm sure more would argue that it's been 'dead' way longer then a year.)

Pretty good concept though, I can see how much work you put into the whole thing, the only thing you could have improved sound-wise is taking out those damn click sounds at the beginning of clips, might be difficult to do in wmm though, haven't touched that in years.
    EVERYTHING. Is hard in WMM. :P
    P.S. Andreas was giving a positive comment. I have to ask him what every post he makes means on XBL chats. "Made me prolapse" was a compliment too, in the past. <_<

Quote Originally Posted by Luftwaffe View Post
    <3 Great musical taste, buddy.

Hmm I could say the same pal!!

ahhh sweet sweet memories >: )

Steam
    LowKeyIndustries
    XBL
    SteezOner

EVERYTHING. Is hard in WMM. :P
    P.S. Andreas was giving a positive comment. I have to ask him what every post he makes means on XBL chats. "Made me prolapse" was a compliment too, in the past. <_<
    This is accurate. NOIR FO' LYFE

I want a city to be absolutely covered with scooter kids, like pigeons or rats, and if you hit just one of them, their parents run over and break your board and you can only play the game again when you purchase another 'online pass', aka a new deck, at 49.99, minimum!

great pool skating as usual...

Blazing a Trail
    XBL
    SalamiAndreas

Quote Originally Posted by Fecal Face View Post
    This is accurate. NOIR FO' LYFE
    i rep the gang

ignore this post

Last edited by i am a snail; 01-21-2013 at 01:40 PM. Reason: hurrf durf oh god i'm fucking retarded hurf 2 electric boogaloo

Steam
    PoppySquidJr
    XBL
    PoppySquidJr

Quote Originally Posted by Skatehead View Post
    great pool skating as usual...
    Thanks man, I'm really digging the feedback from everyone.

This probably doesn't bother anybody but me, but zooming in with the vig still on is weird. Other than that, I like the session feel to it and the sex change was fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by momadaddy View Post
    i mostly play with myself now

Steam
    PoppySquidJr
    XBL
    PoppySquidJr

Quote Originally Posted by briden View Post
    This probably doesn't bother anybody but me, but zooming in with the vig still on is weird. Other than that, I like the session feel to it and the sex change was fine.
    The vig actually bothered me a bit, but I didn't realize it actually bothered me until I already had all the clips uploaded

Steam
    MakeshiftOddity
    PSN
    MakeshiftOddity
    XBL
    MakeshiftOddity

Sick skating and even sicker filming. I think this is probably the first time for me anyway seeing a tranny video with smooth real to life tranny filming. I'm not very good at skating tranny myself but am worse at filming it could you make a tranny filming tutorial? I mean since people have to film completely different in real life and in game for tranny clips and since you film spot on to what a tranny video looks like in real life. Much love from me.

^Get psyched to be here.^

love the background music feel. really cool.

I'd do vids like this in moderation. Well the concect has already ran its course. But it was creative thinking. Nice to see some new ideas.

maybe to make it look shittier, add a film grain. makes it look like a poor quality cam.

I don't get your second paragraph?

This style of edit would work if there was 10 or more dudes chillin around the pool. It just seemed odd having a guy skate a session alone with some random cam guy hanging around. The beach ball killed any bit of "realness"
    Def some questionable trick selections but your gonna get that in pool lines unless you are even more controlled. You did look somewhat controlled though which unfortunately is rare.
    ".........................................."
    Helen Adams Keller

Steam
    PoppySquidJr
    XBL
    PoppySquidJr

Quote Originally Posted by Oddity View Post
    Sick skating and even sicker filming. I think this is probably the first time for me anyway seeing a tranny video with smooth real to life tranny filming. I'm not very good at skating tranny myself but am worse at filming it could you make a tranny filming tutorial? I mean since people have to film completely different in real life and in game for tranny clips and since you film spot on to what a tranny video looks like in real life. Much love from me.
    Thanks man
    To be honest, the filming is much easier than any other style. I didn't even really try to make it look good, I just altered the zoom mid-clip, and went from there. Doesn't take long to figure out :P

Quote Originally Posted by Ayreon View Post
    love the background music feel. really cool.

I'd do vids like this in moderation. Well the concect has already ran its course. But it was creative thinking. Nice to see some new ideas.

maybe to make it look shittier, add a film grain. makes it look like a poor quality cam.
    Thanks man, and yea I thought about adding some film grain, but I'm stuck with windows movie maker for now, and their default effects are total garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by thesignguy View Post
    I don't get your second paragraph?

This style of edit would work if there was 10 or more dudes chillin around the pool. It just seemed odd having a guy skate a session alone with some random cam guy hanging around. The beach ball killed any bit of "realness"
    Def some questionable trick selections but your gonna get that in pool lines unless you are even more controlled. You did look somewhat controlled though which unfortunately is rare.
    The second paragraph was just a fun little backstory kind of thing, similar to what Ohmid does with his parks. Also I find the concept works fine, I've seen videos like this before. I'd skate pools alone if I had access to one I could skate, and maybe some guy would start watching and take a video to show his friends, it's not that odd. Besides, I don't have access to that many people that enjoy consistently seshing pools with me online for extended periods of time, unfortunately. The beach ball is a retarded mistake, and it bothered me a lot but I was in a rush to get the video out and didn't want to re-do the lines. I recently just moved in to college, so I had to get videos done while I still had all the free time.
    The lack of control, while partially just being me, can also be slightly blamed on the pool I picked. I intentionally picked my worst pool in the game, the one I can never seem to hit right. Bodyjars are really difficult for me in this pool compared to others, for some odd reason, as are consistent slash grinds and powerslides. Glad to have the feedback and criticism though. This was a very expiremental video and I didn't expect near this much feedback. I've learned a lot through trying this and I hope to get another, better, one out in the future.

Steam
    i_am_a_snail

why have i not commented on this before?

yeah i wouldn't want to see this in multiple videos but this was a really cool idea actually, turned out nicely. liked the music fade-ins, nice touch

Steam
    PoppySquidJr
    XBL
    PoppySquidJr

Quote Originally Posted by i am a snail View Post
    why have i not commented on this before?

yeah i wouldn't want to see this in multiple videos but this was a really cool idea actually, turned out nicely. liked the music fade-ins, nice touch
    Don't worry, I only plan on doing this once more, to fix all the issues with this one and maybe do a pool I'm a bit better at. And even then, that'll be in the relatively far future. Also thanks :P

Thanks man
    Thanks man, and yea I thought about adding some film grain, but I'm stuck with windows movie maker for now, and their default effects are total garbage.
    haha oh right

I wasn't saying its weird filming a guy by himself but you would see a part made from it not a session. It actually might work if you laid another full track over the whole thing. I film a lot of pool shit and there is always shit playing in the background, kind of annoying but it would seem more true to life. Skating alone sucks though I have a hard time staying motivated. Besides at my age its others that make me skate harder. When I skate by myself I end up standing on the platform for 15 minutes between runs
    ".........................................."
    Helen Adams Keller

Steam
    PoppySquidJr
    XBL
    PoppySquidJr

Quote Originally Posted by thesignguy View Post
    I wasn't saying its weird filming a guy by himself but you would see a part made from it not a session. It actually might work if you laid another full track over the whole thing. I film a lot of pool shit and there is always shit playing in the background, kind of annoying but it would seem more true to life. Skating alone sucks though I have a hard time staying motivated. Besides at my age its others that make me skate harder. When I skate by myself I end up standing on the platform for 15 minutes between runs
    Yea I getcha. It was just an attempt to try something new, when or if I do it again I'll take all the thoughts into consideration