Thread: Adobe After Effects Ramping Tutorial Using the 50% and 100% clips

Steam
    Boxerman08
    XBL
    Boxerman08

Default Adobe After Effects Ramping Tutorial Using the 50% and 100% clips

Agus had asked me if I could show him how I ramp my clips on AE, and I've figured out how to sort of do them properly thanks to VirtualParadise, so here's a quick tutorial for it. This method is usally used for skate 2 since it doesn't have the in-game ramping tab, but it can be used for both. Thanks for watching, and if you have problems, I'll do my best to help you out.

Here's the vid:

Last edited by Boxerman08; 08-15-2012 at 12:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Boxerman08 View Post
    Agus had asked me if I could show him how I ramp my clips... here's the tut, which could help others as well. This is mostly used for skate 2 since you don't have the in-game ramping option, but it can be used for both skate 2 and skate 3. Here's the vid:

that looks soo clean gotta try that type of ramping nice job boxer.-steez
    Shake Junt!!! GT:SteezXStatus
    DeathWish OR DIE
    Co-Founder of Backside Corp

( •_•)

( •_•)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)
    Let The Good Times Roll

Fluckit Master

<3 a/h

I'm watching this later. Thanks again, mate.

Steam
    Boxerman08
    XBL
    Boxerman08

No problem dude, hope it helps.

wow thanks dude! I'll definitely watch this later

Fluckit Master

I'm having issues with this, AE may be fucked up, like, I know how to do normal ramped slowmos, I remember I used to click the ctrl button, then drag some line and boalá, a ramped time parable. Now the ctrl button does this 'pen' function that I dont know what is for, and don't know how to change it back to the original button function.

Steam
    Boxerman08
    XBL
    Boxerman08

Oy.. that's messed bro. I don't know AE enough to be able to help you out with this one. :/ Try asking Deacon, he seems to know his way around the program... hopefully enough to help you out on that one.

Edit: Now that I think of it, it's the shift button you're supposed to hold (Not sure if it's the same for PC, but I use the shift key). Have you tried both, ctrl and shift?

Fluckit Master

My bad, yes, it's the shift key indeed. But I got that pen thingy with the shift.

Steam
    Boxerman08
    XBL
    Boxerman08

For the pen thingy I think I know what it could be. At the very top, where there's like arrows and what not, top left, click that maybe? lol Idk...

XBL
    emericaridr11

Agus ...
    your holding shift down right? then dragging the lines
    not just tapping shift once

Steam
    LowKeyIndustries
    XBL
    SteezOner

This may sound stupid, but I only ramp my RL skate footy, and I ramp game footy in game, so, yeah. What's the point of the two clips?

Quote Originally Posted by NotedDerk View Post
    I want a city to be absolutely covered with scooter kids, like pigeons or rats, and if you hit just one of them, their parents run over and break your board and you can only play the game again when you purchase another 'online pass', aka a new deck, at 49.99, minimum!

Steam
    Boxerman08
    XBL
    Boxerman08

The point of the two clips thing is mainly used for skate 2 because you don't have the speed tabs unlike skate 3. If you slow down a 100% clip, you're gonna get shitty quality, so that's the point of uploading a 50% clip, speed it up to it's original speed, ramp it, and use the audio from the 100% clip so it doesn't sound as bad as if you used the audio from the sped up 50% clip.

Fluckit Master

Quote Originally Posted by emericaridr11 View Post
    Agus ...
    your holding shift down right? then dragging the lines
    not just tapping shift once
    Yup, and I've done several rampings a few months ago, and It used to work well. Now looks like my keyboard is fucked up (but it's not my keyboard the issue here )

Quote Originally Posted by Fecal Face View Post
    This may sound stupid, but I only ramp my RL skate footy, and I ramp game footy in game, so, yeah. What's the point of the two clips?
    You have a VX1K right? that records at interlaced 60 frames per sec, you can get a much fluid ramped slowmo (along with the frame blending, idk if u use that too).
    I don't know about skate 3, but S2 renders replay vids at 30fps w/ its shitty sound so ramped 100%speed clips don't look good.

If I can't get my AE working, would someone help me with some ramps? I can pay you with internet points, or internet cookies.

Steam
    Boxerman08
    XBL
    Boxerman08

Quote Originally Posted by agusbmxarg View Post
    If I can't get my AE working, would someone help me with some ramps? I can pay you with internet points, or internet cookies.
    Lol I can help you with your ramps if you need. Doesn't take much time, so it wouldn't be time consuming really, unless you send me like 100 clips to be ramped within a short time haha but I'm always down to help out people man.