Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The DIY Collab - Featuring Valleyboy, M.Seven, Luftwaffe and more

Default The DIY Collab - Featuring Valleyboy, M.Seven, Luftwaffe and more

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59mIrsWY8to&hd=1

vimeo
    https://vimeo.com/47702923

I noticed no one ever skates the DIY Park. Probably cause its vert, and no one really skates vert much. That and its one of the hardest parks to skate in the entire skate series. So I thought it would be awesome to make a community collab there.

Featuring: M.seven, Mark_The_Sith, Valleyboy, Luftwaffe, Ferf, Noodlezer, Briden,RastaRipss, Ladd279,Twig4233 and Cerebus

I was honestly blown away by all the amazing footy these guys sent me. The vid really has a unique look due to my edit style and the attitude of the DIY park AND the type of skating you have to do at the DIY park.
    Last edited by Ayreon; 08-16-2012 at 11:54 PM.

lurkin yt pays off,just finished watching this beauty..copy paste time

fuckin amazing!!best vid i've seen in a long time.

i feel like the dude that came to skate,did a few tricks,then got wasted..lol

honored to be in a vid with so many rippers

4:33,proof is in the pudding
    Last edited by m.seven; 08-16-2012 at 08:24 PM.

haha yah. your still not as bad as drunkinate tho.

frenchy

Everyone killed it! Video was well edited and i was surprised by many tricks since the diy is kinda hard to skate...
    Loved luftwaffe's grind where he hits the bottles

Intermission was sick!
    Last edited by exoskate89; 08-17-2012 at 10:57 AM.
    yes that is me and tyler the creator

Steam
    LowKeyIndustries
    XBL
    SteezOner

And the gold medal of vert fakeskating goes to...

Luft. Fucking killed it.

The only thing that made it hard to watch was the music. Very ill-fitting for skating. Too much butt-rock, not enough hesh.

Quote Originally Posted by NotedDerk View Post
    I want a city to be absolutely covered with scooter kids, like pigeons or rats, and if you hit just one of them, their parents run over and break your board and you can only play the game again when you purchase another 'online pass', aka a new deck, at 49.99, minimum!

whatever music you like will fit the video in your own eyes. yah there is a "skater" type of music but in vids people use rap, metal, rock, punk, hispter rock whatever.

everyone has differnet tastes. for me, iron maiden, manowar and alice in chains are classic.

i have no idea what hesh means....
    Last edited by Ayreon; 08-16-2012 at 08:49 PM.

Steam
    LowKeyIndustries
    XBL
    SteezOner

Quote Originally Posted by Ayreon View Post
    whatever music you like will fit the video in your own eyes. yah there is a "skater" type of music but in vids people use rap, metal, rock, punk, hispter rock whatever.

everyone has differnet tastes. for me, iron maiden, manowar and alice in chains are classic.

i have no idea what hesh means....
    Well not that Alice in Chains is a bad band, skating just sort of needs a less grungy beat so there's something to sync the edit to. It makes the eyes and ears happy.

You don't know what hesh means? Talk to Luft about that one haha

Quote Originally Posted by NotedDerk View Post
    I want a city to be absolutely covered with scooter kids, like pigeons or rats, and if you hit just one of them, their parents run over and break your board and you can only play the game again when you purchase another 'online pass', aka a new deck, at 49.99, minimum!

meh. I edit to plenty of beat hits.

And I really only see beat synce on maybe 1 in 5 vidoes. Most dont bother to do it.

And ill be sure to ask Luft lol

vimeo link coming soon for germans

Fluckit Master

Little quick review:

Intro: was sick was coughs off guard when music changed lol even rewinded it to make sure it didnt mess up haha
    Valley,m7: no better way to start this vid with 2 heavy rippers and 2 people that strive to keep community alive! A lot of sick clips
    Nood: never seen anything from you, but didn't disappoint. Revert blunt was my fav clip from you
    Cerebeast: fuckn murdered it as usual, love the way you film vert and clips in general!180 method wallie so sick
    Falling down: haha sick
    Briden: dope dude, really nice clips in there. Revert line was my favorite from you
    Rasta: very smooth man! Always enjoy seeing you in a vid
    Twig: also never seen anything from you lol some nice stuff high hardflip at end
    Ferf: like rasta review smooth dude, rode up the pipes to easy haha
    Sponsor: I got naked and well I can't say lol
    Intermission: song reminds me of gran turismos car wash haha
    Ladd: I suck
    Marky mark: I give you that nickname (want to say yea) sick man, attitude fit well with aic and matched your clips perfectly!!
    Luft: a lot of crazy stuff, def enjoyed it. When you knocked the bottle I gasped inside lol

Nice edit ayreon!
    www.youtube.com/IstabbeDaman

Cap faction
    LostSociety
    Label
    Quote Originally Posted by rzrfvr View Post
    CAP is a monster and not everyone can learn all the tricks just like the graphics creator.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiltzuh View Post
    I skate unrealistic in real life...i just learned ungrindables at my local park !

ahha thanks man

I wasn't sure if you would be P.O'd for being the in goofy intermission. I got all the clips in songs and couldnt fit you in. But u didnt have that many clips and it turned out fine. I also figured ur better off by yourself cause you skated slow like you always do and did all street skating at a vert park. lol

ahha just bustin ur chops, your clips and style is sick man.

Der Mohn Tintenfisch PoppySquidJr's Avatar
    Steam
    PoppySquidJr
    XBL
    PoppySquidJr

<3333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333 333333333333333333333333333
    Everyone killed this. Holy shit was this fun to watch. Also the Intermission made me laugh way harder than I should have.
    that is all.
    The artist formerly known as Luft

Fluckit Master

Haha no prob, actually liked being the transition guy in this. Very creative man also laughed when all those random numbers went after my name lol
    www.youtube.com/IstabbeDaman

Cap faction
    LostSociety
    Label
    Quote Originally Posted by rzrfvr View Post
    CAP is a monster and not everyone can learn all the tricks just like the graphics creator.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiltzuh View Post
    I skate unrealistic in real life...i just learned ungrindables at my local park !

haha yah I threw in a lot of spurr of the moment jokes.

The intermission thing just kind of happened. lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Luftwaffe View Post
    <3333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333 333333333333333333333333333
    Everyone killed this. Holy shit was this fun to watch. Also the Intermission made me laugh way harder than I should have.
    that is all.
    ahha yah same.

...oh no, blocked in germany and vimeo link doesnt work. really would love to watch this!
    !!!

Seeing the Light

Great edit job, its 99.9% perfect (0.1% = my nickname not written correctly )

(ps: dont take it seriously, i really dont care about it since its already "a nick of a nick" ) call me Noodlez

That was one of the best vids I've seen, makes me want to try and skate the DIY Spot. Anyway, I can't pick a favorite but you all did a superb job.

Oh and nice edit, Ayreon. Can't forget about the man that started the vid idea fro DIY

Quote Originally Posted by Mage505 View Post
    That was one of the best vids I've seen, makes me want to try and skate the DIY Spot. Anyway, I can't pick a favorite but you all did a superb job.

Oh and nice edit, Ayreon. Can't forget about the man that started the vid idea fro DIY
    thanks man. and yah, go skate DIY. Its an amazing park. So many awesome gaps. I'll probably come out with a DIY solo when I get my ps3 back

Quote Originally Posted by Gizzler View Post
    ...oh no, blocked in germany and vimeo link doesnt work. really would love to watch this!
    it was probably processing still. try again. Its working

Quote Originally Posted by Noodlezer View Post
    Great edit job, its 99.9% perfect (0.1% = my nickname not written correctly )

(ps: dont take it seriously, i really dont care about it since its already "a nick of a nick" ) call me Noodlez
    haha I can't keep track of names changes. too many of them

Seeing the Light

haha I can't keep track of names changes. too many of them
    It has always been my name since i play skate ^^

btw, im up for anything if you got another collab idea ("less famous spot" again or not)

yah I totally want to do one since I cant get my own footy. I'll think on it.

I've seen shorter full lengths! Incredible amount of ripping in here and Ayreon MAD props to you for the edit. I always appreciate a video that's well done but doesn't take itself too seriously. More than anything though, this makes me want to go back to DIY, such a mix of styles in here. Loved Ladd's bit the most but honestly everyone killed it hard. Best slam section since Welcome to Hell!
    Quote Originally Posted by momadaddy View Post
    i mostly play with myself now

Have to agree with Fecal in that the music definitely did not match the clips (song is much much faster than the majority of the clips).

Apart from that though, this was some of the rawest vert skating I've ever seen! I may suck at vert skating but that certainly doesn't mean I can't appreciate the heavy hitters taking a dump all over this place.

Well done guys and props as well to you Ayreon for editing such a long vid.

Quote Originally Posted by r0ke View Post
    Have to agree with Fecal in that the music definitely did not match the clips (song is much much faster than the majority of the clips).

Apart from that though, this was some of the rawest vert skating I've ever seen! I may suck at vert skating but that certainly doesn't mean I can't appreciate the heavy hitters taking a dump all over this place.

Well done guys and props as well to you Ayreon for editing such a long vid.
    the only song I feel felt faster is the last alice in chains one because I had the tricks spaced out more and that was only for the beginning. I was running low on footy and wanted them to fit the song. But near the end i was worried luft had to many clips for the rest of the song. So they got close together. Plus luft's skakng is fast.

The first two songs have time between clips slower during the verses, but the time reduced a lot during the faster chours.

And I looked up hesh. It's like...to not give a fuck or something? Meh, for this vid I went with a less serious fun tone.
    Last edited by Ayreon; 08-17-2012 at 02:57 PM.

Der Mohn Tintenfisch PoppySquidJr's Avatar
    Steam
    PoppySquidJr
    XBL
    PoppySquidJr

the only song I feel felt faster is the last alice in chains one because I had the tricks spaced out more and that was only for the beginning. I was running low on footy and wanted them to fit the song. But near the end i was worried luft had to many clips for the rest of the song. So they got close together. Plus luft's skakng is fast.

The first two songs have time between clips slower during the verses, but the time reduced a lot during the faster chours.

And I looked up hesh. It's like...to not give a fuck or something? Meh, for this vid I went with a less serious fun tone.
    Hesh pretty much associates with hardcore and aggressive extreme sports communities, although it can be used in looser terms by some as a synonymous term for "Awesome." :V
    Hesh originates from the term "Hessian," pronounced Hesh-in, which were 18th century German soldiers hired by Britain, but was used as a negative slang term for the Metal culture kids in the 70s through the 90s. Similarly to Punk culture, they took the negative slang term around and turned into a positive for themselves. Of course, I'm being way too far in depth with this stuff.

tl;dr - Hesh = Hardcore, Aggressive, Badass. Not giving a fuck kinda comes along with it :P
    Often associated with Metal, Punk, Grunge, and other harder forms of Rock
    Last edited by PoppySquidJr; 08-17-2012 at 05:15 PM.
    The artist formerly known as Luft

ahah cool.

I would say the 2nd song worked alot better than the first.

lol well the first one had to be there. I had that falling down idea. I thought it was fine anyways.

Seeing the Light

mmmh, tell me guys...

Ok, you all have competition in your blood, etc...

But don't you think that criticizing music choice on this one, which is great no matter what, is a bit of overacting? I dont like this heavy metal style that much, but it really didnt make the vid unwatchable or something...Hence it shouldnt even be a discutable topic...

Do you send letters to Thrasher or 411VM when you disapprove their music choices?

Peace.

Nobody is being competitive around here; we are simply offering feedback to a person who shares their work in a public forum. When I watch irl vids on Youtube (like the new JART video for example), the comments below can both praise the skating involved (the real point) while disapproving of some songs used. I think most people on here have made videos with songs that didn't work/ppl didn't like so I'm not sure why the uproar.

If you'd prefer of course that we don't comment, then kindly let us know. Ayreon, again, enjoyed the skating in this immensely.

Fluckit Master

sick vid ayreon, saw this yesterday, great stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by r0ke View Post
    I think most people on here have made videos with songs that didn't work/ppl didn't like so I'm not sure why the uproar.

i dont feel there was an uproar. i was just defending my choices, anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by agusbmxarg View Post
    sick vid ayreon, saw this yesterday, great stuff.
    thanks man

haha,all this makes me think about that cap vid i did a few months ago.
    just about every comment was about the music.
    i say who cares,half the time i watch vids i don't even have the sound on.i just care about the skating

ayh, usually when theres rap in a vid I dont say anything. Unless it was particularly bad. Even then I dont put a lot of weight on the comment. I just say I didnt like the song, but the vid was still great. (assuming the skating and filming where good)

Yes You Can!

Great vid Ayreon! Everyone ripped. Nice to see a good vert video edited to some rock.

Not sure if it's a problem on my side but it feels like the video is running at around 20 fps for me even though the sound is fine. Did you have any trouble with the rendering? Seems like no one else noticed it.
    Member/Founder of CAP Faction

should be fine. I export with the youtube preset.

you watch off vimeo?

fucking vimeo has a per week MB upload limit of 500. I had to compress the vid to upload it. it actually looks crappier on vimeo
    Last edited by Ayreon; 08-18-2012 at 09:33 AM.

Great sesh and sweet edit man!

Excellence by all.

The editing in this is bad ass, great work all around Ayreon. Im stoked to have been apart of it! thanks man
    Peace and Blessings

....now it worked! really liked the edit and enjoyed the video a lot. some parts i liked a little more than others but overall a good watch for sure. luftwaffe's footy well deserved being the last part i think!

reminds me, that i should go back to that diy park again sometime. fun place to skate!
    !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gizzler View Post
    luftwaffe's footy well deserved being the last part i think!
    !
    ya he really did. I put him and mark last cause they had real awesome shit. and VB in the beginning cause he had the best powerslides Ive ever seen lol

but really, amazing footy from everyone. like i said before, i was blown away

thanks for the posotive feedback. now sign up for pick a park 2 lol
    http://skatefluckit.com/showthread.php?t=12293

Meth Graphic Manager InsideManager's Avatar

Sick video, everybody came hard IMO, Luft definately killed the ender but I liked the intermission with Ladd doing street too lol was funny, also m7 falling down drunk make me laugh, edit was awesome and can't wait to check out the next video you put together.