Thread: 10 Favorite Video Games ever (Besides Skate games)

Der Mohn Tintenfisch PoppySquidJr's Avatar
    Steam
    PoppySquidJr
    XBL
    PoppySquidJr

Default 10 Favorite Video Games ever (Besides Skate games)

Saw the last thread, now I feel like discovering everyone's general gaming interests. Try to keep them in order from greatest to lowest if you can :P
    Also explain why if possible

For me

1) Earthbound (SNES) - Just an experience within itself, redefined RPGs for me, and undoubtedly changed my life, as cheesy as that may sound. Impossible to forget playing this game.
    2) Mother 3 (GBA) - The sequel to Earthbound, which was known as Mother 2 in Japan. I never cared for the first Mother game, but these two are beyond incredible. Mother 3 has one of the most moving storylines in video game history. The only game to ever legitimately make me almost cry.
    3) Bioshock (PC for me) - A huge sucker for steampunk, the influence easily go to me from the start. From there, the urban decay of a marvel of a city drew me in further, and the UNBELIEVABLE storytelling about 3/4 through the game just blew me away. Just finished playing it earlier this week, and it's instantly in my top 3.
    4) Jet Grind (Set) Radio (Dreamcast) - Beautiful game, from its bright, vivid cell shaded graphics to the unbelievably inspired music. Latch on a crazy story, Motor powered rollerblades, and graffiti and you have one hell of a ride.
    5) Assassin's Creed 2 (X360 for me) - Incredible story, although the game is considered overrated by most, and I would likely agree, the actual STORY aspect of it is still severely underrated. all historically plausible, while maintaining the mystery and conspiracy to keep one on their toes.
    6) Minecraft (PC) - Not much to say, this game is the best sandbox I ever played in.
    7) NHL '94 (SNES, Sega Genesis) - Best hockey game I ever played, and still play to this day. Hands down.
    8) Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (X360 for me, although I would love to get it on PC) - Do I really need to say anything?
    9) Persona 3 (PS2) - Incredible story and atmosphere for an RPG, and long enough to last you forever and a half. Something hard to forget.
    10) Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World (XBLA for me, also on PSN) - River City Ransom inspired gameplay, with more moves added on, Custom sprites drawn by Paul Robertson. Absolutely wonderful Co-Op play, soon to get online support.
    Last edited by PoppySquidJr; 08-17-2012 at 10:47 AM.
    The artist formerly known as Luft

hmm let me think:

1. Age of Empires 2, the second game I ever played, just like your number 1, changed my life, made me into the gamer I am today
    2. Company of heroes, Still doesn't bore me after 6 years of intensive playing
    3. Battlefield 3 (xbox360, wish I had a gaming pc), that's just my favourite at the moment alongside -
    4. Shogun 2 total war (fots), Love the campaign
    5. Rome total war, made me play all of the other total war games (I can put every total war game on this list)
    6. bf1942, first shooter I played
    7. Goldeneye 007 (nintendo 64), best game to play with friends
    8. Super smash brothers melee, the whole reason I bought a gamecube instead of a ps2 or xbox
    9. medal of honor allied assault (pc), I believe that this was the first game I played online
    10. rollercoaster tycoon (OG), speaks for itself, I think everyone has played that game once in his life

Fluckin' Hatchling
    XBL
    dmcbmx199

hmm, lemme think...

1.) definately fallout 3, if you've played the game you know why, super fun. (360 for me)
    2.) fallout: new vegas. same reason for fallout 3, lol. (I had it on 360, but i just bought it with all DLC for PC)
    3.) GTA: san andreas (PS2)
    4.) Midnight club: LA. I'm pretty into cars and racing games, and there's good car customization, for a while i was REALLY into replicating cars, I made a lot of FnF cars. (360)
    5.) red dead redemption. idk what to say, its just super fun. (360)
    6. Elder scrolls V: skyrim. pretty much all the side quests keep me occupied. (360)
    7.) Dave mirra BMX 2. (PS2) it was the funnest game i played when i was younger.
    8.) GTA 4. really fun, but it doesn't compare to san andreas. (360)
    9.) DiRT 3. super fun racing game, drifting in rally cars is always fun. (360)
    10.) OG pokemon red. i still love to play it once in a while, haha. (GBA)

1)God of War series-i love Greek mythology and this series serves it up brutally
    2)Metal Gear Series-esp.4,just an epic series of games
    3)Killzone 3-gorgeous graphics and a great FPS
    4)Bioshock-incredible story and best mix of FPS and RPG elements
    5)Resident Evil 4-moving to an over the shoulder shooter was the best thing to happen to RE
    6)Super Mario Bros-the original,marathons of playing this with my buddies back in the day
    7)Doom-evil ass shit and for its time scary as hell
    8)Burnout-back when you could spend hours trying to get as big a crash score as possible,the third game was my favorite
    9)The Legend of Zelda-no better way to get lost for hours in a game
    10)Pac-Man-because...it's fuckin Pac-Man

Fluckit Master

Ok let's see
    1: final fanasty X- I can play this game anytime, Stunning 3d environments and layout is beautiful. I say none beats it.
    2: Mgs series- my favorite franchise of all time, every game is a master piece. Mgs1 made me the gamer I am now
    3: Mortal kombat series - there's no telling how much time me and my family put it learning fatallies and see who has bragging rights
    4: Og Pokemon: any of the first series and I guess second me and my sister played the hell out of them when I was little. Really chairse the memories of it
    5: Jak 3- game is just boss!
    6: f1 1995- My dad is a huge f1 buff and growing up I caught the trait, the only game where me and my dad could play together and not start arguing lol
    7: Heavy rain: if you haven't played it, play it!
    8: donkey kong: classic, always played it every I saw in arcade
    9: mx vs atv unleashed: me and my friends use to meet once a week and hold championships based on points through the season
    10: digimon world ps1 series: loved digimon as a kid (sony's attempt at beating Pokemon) loved it more than Pokemon actually. Games are true classics imo
    Last edited by Ladd279; 08-17-2012 at 03:02 PM.
    www.youtube.com/IstabbeDaman

Cap faction
    LostSociety
    Label
    Quote Originally Posted by rzrfvr View Post
    CAP is a monster and not everyone can learn all the tricks just like the graphics creator.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiltzuh View Post
    I skate unrealistic in real life...i just learned ungrindables at my local park !

Steam
    i_am_a_snail

in no particular order

mother 3 - "claus fired an intense bolt of lightning!"
    persona 3 or 4 - both are tied because they are both fantastic, 2 was pretty nice too.
    shadow of the colossus - duh
    roller coaster tycoon (pick one) - this is why
    okami - arguably one of the best games on ps2 and an even better soundtrack.
    pokemon series - yeah i still play these
    eternal darkness: sanity's requiem - this game is incredibly creative and a total mindfuck
    crash team racing - holy fuck i must have logged weeks of in-game time in this game as a kid.
    bushido blade - if anyone around here has ever even heard of this game i'd be impressed. really cool game, only fighter i've seen with no health bar and OhKO's
    jet set radio future - i never had an xbox so i couldn't play it but whenever i was over at my friend's house we would both play the shit out of this game

okami was such an underrated and overlooked game,that would have to be 11 on my list(btw,i'm a dink and didn't put mine in any real particular order )

Fluckit Master

My list is truly based on games I've memories with and not really my favorites to play nonetheless, might edit mine a little later haha
    www.youtube.com/IstabbeDaman

Cap faction
    LostSociety
    Label
    Quote Originally Posted by rzrfvr View Post
    CAP is a monster and not everyone can learn all the tricks just like the graphics creator.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiltzuh View Post
    I skate unrealistic in real life...i just learned ungrindables at my local park !

Steam
    radicalwhistle
    XBL
    okwiider

earthbound is hella fun. playing it on my phone. its stupid but in a goodway.

Resident Fruitbooter Roccityroller's Avatar

Skyrim on PC is sooooo much better than console tbh. Mods make that game amazing.
    Hoodlum Threat
    Youtube
    Live Stream
    Twitter

Der Mohn Tintenfisch PoppySquidJr's Avatar
    Steam
    PoppySquidJr
    XBL
    PoppySquidJr

Quote Originally Posted by oKwiider View Post
    earthbound is hella fun. playing it on my phone. its stupid but in a goodway.
    It's sooo much better on console. I don't know why, just the whole feel is lessened on any form of emulator. That being said, I have it on my phone as well in case I ever want a 6th playthrough. :V
    The artist formerly known as Luft

Gonna keep mine PS3 cus I don't remember much before then anymore lol

01. Killzone 2
    02. Battlefield 3
    03. Uncharted 2
    04. God Of War 3
    05. Skate Series
    06. Fight Night Round 4
    07. Assassins Creed Bortherhood
    08. Metal Gear Solid 4
    09. GTA 4
    10. Max Payne 3

1) Zelda: Ocarina of Time N64 (the first game I realized I had to think outside the box to solve even simple problems).
    2) Mario Kart N64: I'll take anybody and their life savings in this.
    3) Mortal Kombat SNES: First video game I ever played with friends; amazing.
    4) GTA IV 360: In Ballad of Gay Tony deathmatch, see 2) above.
    5) Killer Instinct Gold N64: Jago or Sabrewulf; just feel free to end your life.
    6) 1080 N64: Not the best snowboarding game, but I mashed the shit out of this more than any other snowboard game.
    7) Fifa 12' 360: The game I spend more time playing then any other right now; skate is usually an afterthought.
    8) Outrun PC: The very first game on the very first PC our family bought; nostalgic.
    9) NBA Jam SNES: Only thing I love more than skateboarding is bball; this game was destroyed by every kid in my neighbourhood coming up.
    10) Crackdown 360: The most underrated game I've ever played and was thoroughly addicted from start to finish.
    Last edited by r0ke; 08-17-2012 at 08:49 PM.

(1) Zelda: Ocarina of Time N64
    (2) Star fox N64
    (3) donkey Kong N64
    (4) super smash bro N64
    (5) maple story PC
    (6) Saints Row the third 360
    (7) crack down 1 and 2 360
    (8) Halo 3 360
    (9) Sonic the Hedgehog (2006 Xbox 360)
    (10)Trials HD 360
    Last edited by echoturbo; 08-17-2012 at 10:28 PM.
    5150-back2Basics-meth monsters

Banned
    XBL
    II RellZ II

1. Scarface The Worlds Is Yours (PS2)
    2. GTA: San Andreas (PS2)
    3. Ratchet & Clank : Up Your Arsenal (PS2)
    4. SSX Tricky (PS2,Xbox)
    5. WWE 12 (360)
    6. T.H.U.G (PS2,GameCube)
    7. GTA IV (360)
    8. The Godfather (PS2,360)
    9. Jak & Dexter (PS2)
    10. Ratchet & Clank : Deadlock (PS2)
    Last edited by The RellZ; 08-18-2012 at 05:15 AM.

Fluckit Senior Citizen replicant's Avatar
    XBL
    replicant#2618

These are not in order.

01) Diablo 2 (PC)
    02) Dave Mirra Freestyle BMX series (PS, PS2, Xbox)
    03) Virtua Fighter series (PS, PS2, DC, Xbox, PC, Xbox 360)
    04) Shenmue series (DC, Xbox)
    05) GTA: San Andreas (PS2)
    06) Mario Kart 64 (N64)
    07) Thrasher: Skate and Destroy (PS)
    08) Record of Lodoss War (DC)
    09) Half-Life series (PC)
    10) Killer Instinct (SNES, Arcade)

11) Just about every fighting game known to mankind!
    Bear "replicant" Powell
    "I am Shaolin-Style!"

XBL: replicant#2618

Currently Playing: Diablo 2 Resurrected, Elden Ring, Skate 3

Banned
    XBL
    II RellZ II

Quote Originally Posted by Luftwaffe View Post
    Saw the last thread, now I feel like discovering everyone's general gaming interests. Try to keep them in order from greatest to lowest if you can :P
    Also explain why if possible

For me

1) Earthbound (SNES) - Just an experience within itself, redefined RPGs for me, and undoubtedly changed my life, as cheesy as that may sound. Impossible to forget playing this game.
    2) Mother 3 (GBA) - The sequel to Earthbound, which was known as Mother 2 in Japan. I never cared for the first Mother game, but these two are beyond incredible. Mother 3 has one of the most moving storylines in video game history. The only game to ever legitimately make me almost cry.
    3) Bioshock (PC for me) - A huge sucker for steampunk, the influence easily go to me from the start. From there, the urban decay of a marvel of a city drew me in further, and the UNBELIEVABLE storytelling about 3/4 through the game just blew me away. Just finished playing it earlier this week, and it's instantly in my top 3.
    4) Jet Grind (Set) Radio (Dreamcast) - Beautiful game, from its bright, vivid cell shaded graphics to the unbelievably inspired music. Latch on a crazy story, Motor powered rollerblades, and graffiti and you have one hell of a ride.
    5) Assassin's Creed 2 (X360 for me) - Incredible story, although the game is considered overrated by most, and I would likely agree, the actual STORY aspect of it is still severely underrated. all historically plausible, while maintaining the mystery and conspiracy to keep one on their toes.
    6) Minecraft (PC) - Not much to say, this game is the best sandbox I ever played in.
    7) NHL '94 (SNES, Sega Genesis) - Best hockey game I ever played, and still play to this day. Hands down.
    8) Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (X360 for me, although I would love to get it on PC) - Do I really need to say anything?
    9) Persona 3 (PS2) - Incredible story and atmosphere for an RPG, and long enough to last you forever and a half. Something hard to forget.
    10) Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World (XBLA for me, also on PSN) - River City Ransom inspired gameplay, with more moves added on, Custom sprites drawn by Paul Robertson. Absolutely wonderful Co-Op play, soon to get online support.
    Stealing my thread bro.....LOL JUst Playing

Fluckit Master

My personal favourites in no particular order

Final Fantasy VII - PSX Played and finished more times than I can remember.
    GTA San Andreas - PS2 No words about this.. one of the best games of all time.
    Donkey Kong Country 1,2 - SNES By far the best SNES game out there I think and probably the best soundtrack up-to-date. Probably on the same level as Deus Ex, HR and Mega Man 2 on NES.
    Ghost Recon Future Soldier - XBOX Such a fantastic game imo.. It's just a bloody shame current console cant get this game to 60 fps like a pc can
    Zelda A Link To The Past - SNES Fantastic game. Nuff said.
    Golden Eye - N64 Soooo many hours have past playing this on 4 screen multiplayer. Fantastic game modes and maps. Well ahead of it's time I think.
    Counter Strike 1.5 - PC Bought CS GO yesterday and haven't played it enough to add it to my list, but it's great fun so far and far better than CSS. 1.5 will always be my favourite though.
    Sleeping Dogs - PC Bought this yesterday as well, and damn it's good fun! I recommend this one if you're into GTA'ish free roaming games with a bit of a twist.
    Super Mario Kart -SNES and Mario Kart 64 - N64 Back when I owned a SNES and N64, these are the games that I always played a few hours every day.
    World of Warcraft - PC Yes I know this game is complete crap now and that I'm really happy about not touching it for a year soon (or any MMO for the matter). But it doesn't change the fact that I played this game nonstop for about 6 years with 4 of my closest rl friends.

Fluckit Master

1.Dave Mirra Pro BMX: Maximum remix (psx). That fckn cd was inside my ps console for almost 2 years without being removed. Best 2 years of my youth.
    2.Thrasher (psx). I don't think I need to explain why.
    3.BF3 (ps3). Current addiction, so good.
    4.World Scariest Police Chases (psx), me and my friends stayed up many nights just playing this game, I have so many good memories involving it.
    5. Icy Tower. (pc) The addiction started at school, I copied it to a floppy disk I bought and the bad habit continued at home.
    6. Prehistoric II. (pc) Same as Icy.
    7. San Andreas (pc) It was like a second life for me like 5 years ago. Damn.

I can't pick 3 more games because I know I will forget very good ones.

No order, this thread is sooooo abd but whatevs

Galaga (arcade) depending on the settings I can play this game for a hour on a quarter

Donkey Kong (arcade) when I was a little tike I had crowds of people watching me play

Flashback (sega) before its time. It looks more like a playstation 1 game

Smurfs (colleco vision) came with the system I think. Spent hours with my brother and cousin.

Katamari (ps2) so addicting

720 (commodore 64?) first skating game I can remember

Tony Hawk pro skater (ps1?) just awesome! Came out shortly after I kind of stopped skating.

Warhawk (ps3) first game I ever played online. Rad game even still (if servers are still up?)

GTA San Andreas (ps2) revolutionary nuff said

Gran Turismo series, every game is better than the last. I built a car out of old signs so I could geek out in my living room with a steering wheel.
    ".........................................."
    Helen Adams Keller

Baah, this is going to be rough.

1. Mass Effect Series Is going to take nr 1. It is by far the best gameseries I've ever played. I love them. Alot.
    2. Medal of Honor: Allied Assault Wow I've played so much. So damn much. Like. Months. Multiplayer. Shit. So much. Great game.
    3. Leauge of Legends Gotta give this a medal. Playing it right now. Great game. Great. Just great.
    4. Max Payne Series Mostly the first two games. Amazing game series.
    5. Grand Theft Auto IV Hooooly hell. Days of fun. Every GTA game is amazing. Love them.
    6. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare What is to say. The last good CoD game made.
    7. Portal 1 & 2 It's portal. Game of the decade. Whipes Skyrim off the world.
    8. Super Mario 64 First game I ever played. That I remember playing. Love the fuck out of that game.
    9. System Shock 2 Scariest game. Ever. Of all time. Also the first PC game I've ever played. Scumbag dad putting me infront of the screen at age 6. Whaaat?
    10. Psychonauts If you haven't played it, what the fuck are you doing?!

Wait totally forgot Shadow of the Collosus!

Steam
    i_am_a_snail

still waiting on psychonauts 2...

Quote Originally Posted by i am a snail View Post
    We need it. Ohh do we need it!

UG/Popless Pioneer pawnluvguitarist's Avatar

in no order
    Goldeneye
    Zelda Ocarina Of Time
    Zelda A Link To The Past
    Zelda Skyward Sword
    Wonderboy 3
    Thrasher
    Mario 3
    Mario Lost Levels
    Super Smash Bros
    GTA Vice City

Steam
    ipermy
    XBL
    iperm

I just got psychonauts like a week ago
    it's the awesome

these aren't in order

1. Super Mario World
    2. Skyrim
    3. Red Dead Redemption
    4. Kingdom Hearts
    5. THPS2
    6. Pokemon Blue
    7. Super Smash Bros Melee
    8. Star Fox 64
    9. Skate.
    10. and I can't think of anything else so Katamari

I tried not to put skate in there but it's the best ever so fuck you

Steam
    fallingskyline
    PSN
    fallingskyline
    XBL
    fallingskyline

since it is besides the skate series, i go with this:

1. shenmue II (dc) ... best game ever, period
    2. shenmue (dc) ... prequel to the best game ever, first touch with open world and "living" scenery
    3. tetris (gb) ... play tetris melody in your head, now.
    4. journey (psn) ... actually on of the few games i finished 100% and played through 8 times
    5. super mario world (snes) ... actually got to it through the music in pat brennen's part in hot batch! RIP
    6. ico (ps2) ... touching world and story
    7. fahrenheit / indigo prophecy (xbox) ... cool interactive movie, with too much qte's
    8. heavy rain (ps3) ... highly anticipated, a little bit of a let down, when it comes to freedom. but one of the best stories, even if lacks logic sometimes
    9. test drive unlimited (xbox360) ... nice arcade racing
    10. commander keen 4, aliens ate my babysitter (pc) ... gotta love commander keen
    Skate Till Death (STD) / Doppelgänger Produktion (DP) / Small Town Crime (STC) / Dharma Inc. / Cap Faction ST

Steam
    radicalwhistle
    XBL
    okwiider

Quote Originally Posted by i am a snail View Post
    this times 6

in no order
    bully(rockstars so open to the idea of makimg a sequel cant wait)
    psychonauts
    la noire
    earthbound(ive been hooked since i started playing)
    river city ransom(first i saw pixelated buttcheeks)
    bioshock
    skyrim
    rdr
    operation flashpoint dragon rising(like a supermodel with a bad laugh)
    and watch dogs. i dont care im calling it.
    no but mass effect 2. the scenery alone is fucking amazing.

this list is subject to change. most likely when i lose.
    Last edited by oKwiider; 08-18-2012 at 08:28 PM.

Steam
    LowKeyIndustries
    XBL
    SteezOner

Let's see if I can even think of ten...

1.Goldeneye for N64
    2. GTA4 for xbox360
    3. Time-Splitters 2 for Xbox
    4. Super Smash Bros. Melee for GameCube
    5. Half-Life Episode 2 for PC
    6. Tony Hawk's Underground for Ps2
    7. Midnight Club 2 Dub Edition for Ps2
    8. Skyrim for PC
    9. Sonic Adventure 2 for Gamecube (Although the original was just as good)
    10. Soul Calibur 2 for Gamecube

(11) Metal Gear Solid 4 for Ps3

Quote Originally Posted by NotedDerk View Post
    I want a city to be absolutely covered with scooter kids, like pigeons or rats, and if you hit just one of them, their parents run over and break your board and you can only play the game again when you purchase another 'online pass', aka a new deck, at 49.99, minimum!

Steam
    Monkadelic

1. super mario bros 1: reigning champion, cant beat that with a stick
    2. legend of zelda; ocarina of time
    3. diablo 2: lord of destruction expansion
    4. galaga
    5. mrs pac man
    6. spy hunter
    7. thrasher skate and destroy
    8. mortal kombat
    9. killer instinct
    10. jedi knight; jedi academy

Fluckit Master

oooh Time-Splitters 2! Had it for ps2... fucking loved that game!

Blazing a Trail
    XBL
    SalamiAndreas

minesweeper
    pinball
    solitaire
    skate 4
    duke nukem fornever
    battletoadz
    custers revenge
    postal
    E.T. for atari
    every rugrats game

ignore this post

Last edited by i am a snail; 01-21-2013 at 01:40 PM. Reason: hurrf durf oh god i'm fucking retarded hurf 2 electric boogaloo

Quote Originally Posted by andreas View Post
    custers revenge
    How did I forget this game?

got no Order

1. The Warriors (PS2) robbin People and smashin Police Cars is just pure fun
    2. Battlefield 3 (PS3) dont play a lot anymore, cause of so much annoying fags, been at lvl 92 though. may it gets interesting again in sept. when new dlc with bigger Maps drops
    3. Fifa 98 (N64) i think that was my first game, played it to death with my brother
    4. Peggles (PC) just a funny little stoner game
    5. GTA San Andreas (PS2) Hands down, best one in the series
    6. THPS 2 (N64) didnt had a Playstation till Skate came out, so i bought for Nintendo. Ollie over the Bums was hella fun though
    7. Modern Warfare 2 (PS3) first shooter i got for console. Never thought shooters can be fun on console.
    8. Mario Kart (N64) do i have to say more?
    9. THUG (PS2) Best one of the series imo
    10. Battlefield Bad Company 2 (PS3) cant wait till the ATV`s come for BF3 with the next DLC

i think i didnt own a lot more games anyway. wasnt that much into gaming till Skate came out and i bought my Playstation...

Steam
    LowKeyIndustries
    XBL
    SteezOner

Quote Originally Posted by andreas View Post
    minesweeper

postal
    Almost said it, postal 2 though.

Quote Originally Posted by NotedDerk View Post
    I want a city to be absolutely covered with scooter kids, like pigeons or rats, and if you hit just one of them, their parents run over and break your board and you can only play the game again when you purchase another 'online pass', aka a new deck, at 49.99, minimum!