Thread: AIRING OUT THOUGHTS....CREATIVITY, TEAMS, ECT.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default AIRING OUT THOUGHTS....CREATIVITY, TEAMS, ECT.

I know within the last week or so I comment on a thread and got myself involved in this flame war...
    I stated, I dont understand how some members can "remake" actual teams...
    My post from that thread....

"Ive seen alot of "remakes" in my time and they dont last...
    alot of ppl just hop on for the sake of being on a "team"....
    I've seen your in-game footy and it isnt bad....I just think that you dont belong on a team with the lights of "blahblahX420" or whoever the fuck....
    what I'm trying to get along is....be original...start your own shit....never take the easy way out....the appreciation in the long run will pay of."

Somethings get under the skin when it comes to this game and that is one...
    We have all seen very creative and inspiring things come from this game, community ect...
    and when "actual team remakes"...ATR's...come along it's sad...
    Watch videos, lurk other teams around the community and get ideas, to inspire your OWN team...
    You can give it a certain attitude, jazz, flare whatever you want...cuz its yours and doesnt carry that of a actual team....
    EX; if someone was to remake Diamond Supply Co...iftheyhaventalready..
    I would expect robot style kids in snapbacks with tattoos skating to Lil Wayne...
    See?? this wouldn't happen if you created something...

I know that this is going to be a very touchy subject for some...
    I just wanted to let the community know how I felt.

IF YOU READ THIS, THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME.

And it begins....GO.

PS....MODS...
    DO NOT LOCK THIS THREAD, UNLESS IT GETS WAY OUTTA HAND. TY.

They say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

However (and i've said this before) it's better to be the flatter-ee than the flatterer.

if you're creative and original and other people pick up on it, you'll probably have an overall better experience.

my $0.02
    Threat YouTube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by ps3.old-skooler-34
    I watched all the videos and they were ok. I don't have a video, but I can do double back flips to blunt slide AND 360 lazer flip out.. I asked my dad and he agrees, I'm the best on here.

well said skatehead,and very respectfully as well.i personally don't care for the Skate versions of real life teams myself.as much pride as these guys have for their re-creations i'm sure that would double if it were something more original,but it's been said countless times that it's just a game,so if these teams are fun for the guys on them,that's more than fine in my eyes.

and yes,there is a Diamond remake out there

Quote Originally Posted by Skatehead View Post
    EX; if someone was to remake Diamond Supply Co...iftheyhaventalready..
    I would expect robot style kids in snapbacks with tattoos skating to Lil Wayne...
    See?? this wouldn't happen if you created something...

made by "EADMNDSUPPLY"
    Quote Originally Posted by momadaddy View Post
    i mostly play with myself now

weezy needs to go drink more mountain dew so that nasty ass grill will fall out
    Last edited by m.seven; 08-20-2012 at 04:44 PM.

PSN
    bengrover
    XBL
    bengrove

Doesn't look awkward enough on a board to be Wayne.

Real life recreations. Im not so keen. Whenever I see a 5BORO, SILVER TRUCKS or whatever video, I tend not to watch due to the chances of it being a kid who has been playing for 2 minutes and thinks they are the shit. Also a lot of the time, they feel they should be recognised due to being named after a rl brand.

It also makes me think of Skate3TeamTheBest or Obey or whatever they are going by now. No effort in their vids and quite frankly are terrible, yet they rack up views when those who spend the time and effort dont get recognised.

Im more likely to watch 'Team The Shirt Lifters' than I am 'Plan B Skate Team'.

Not that anyone cares. I dont care. Poop.

are there chicken nuggets in here?

Meth Graphic Manager InsideManager's Avatar

I don't really care one way or another personally, I don't have any problems with teams basing themselves off real companies. If you're enjoying yourself and having fun and contributing to the community, you can call it whatever you want. I might be one of the few but I don't watch videos based on the titles. That being said, Skate 3 is just a game in the scheme of things, it isn't a representation of my creativity or my originality, just a past time. I run a small independant record label and go to University, and design graphics, I put enough creative energy into those to make me feel like I don't need to prove anything with my video game skate team name.

I started to write a long comment about this. Then I realized I don't care enough to even muster up the words to agree with you Skatehead.

Bottom line? Honesty. This place needs more honesty, and we shouldn't feel bad calling a wack video wack. Too many "yeah nice vid" in threads with glitchy cams, panbacks, tricks cut off mid clip, bad edits, unoriginal teams, etc. I think if THIS community is going to keep itself from dying... we need to cull the herd.

Attack the Wack! Attack the Wack! *

*I am by no means calling anyone specific wack. But if you think I'm talking about you, I might be. lol
    ----------------------
    --> "I wont give up my real friends just to play that game alone at home with headphones on, isolated from social contacts. Why did u (EA) had to ruin a game that hard? Did someone just poop in your cereals? Are we to blame for this action? "