Thread: AIRING OUT THOUGHTS....CREATIVITY, TEAMS, ECT.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Meth Graphic Manager InsideManager's Avatar

Nah I didn't mean it in like a "I do so many things I don't have time" type of way, I just simply mean that it's just a game that you play with friends, you say some people are unoriginal for using taken company names, I say some people put too much pride and worth into their online skate teams, but hey we all have our own opinions. I just don't think me saying "yo I'm on this online skate team called "1954"" and me saying "yo I'm on this online skate team called "Omit"" really bear any difference in my mind, they're just skate teams online, the name is really insignificant to me in comparison to the product they create.

Also designing graphics is definately a fun purusit of a career, unfortunately where I live there just really isn't enough business to keep yourself employed with it, but if you can I assume it'd be a very interesting and unique choice of profession. You wouldn't do the same thing everyday atleast, web-design is actually the way a lot of my friends who pursued design went but most of them had to move away to Montreal or something like that to be successful. Kudos if you can do it though man, I always wondered what you'd actually be "taught" as far as classes go in an art program.
    Last edited by InsideManager; 08-20-2012 at 05:51 PM.

Too much time, pride and worth in this skate shit is the reason why Fluckit is here.
    The reason why LB is here..
    The reason why there was a skate 2..
    The reason why Skate 3 is the way Skate 3 is.

This community was built off of people being original, or at least trying. it made others work twice as hard to come up with something better or equally creative for others to enjoy. Originality built Skate.

So it's a smack in the face right now. I'm feeling real smacked in the face..
    Hoodlum Family All Rights Reserved ™ ® & Copyright © 2007-2012
    "dude i didn't go hard on this video thats what my welcome is gonna be" -RaginWarHero

There is no point in arguing with you...

One thing I know is you consider your "online skate team" that....a online skate team...
    Mine on the other hand is a family...Some of these dudes talk on a daily basis, not about skate games but about everything...we are pretty nit-tight...

old guy circle jerks....

Steam
    ipermy
    XBL
    iperm

i love to jerk dicks

Well fair enough, I guess if I was that dedicated to the skate team thing I'd be proud to have my own unique team identity as well. I'm fairly new to the online side, maybe the deeper I get the more important it will become I don't know. I see what you guys are saying though, different strokes for different folks.

Diff'rent Strokes
    starring the girl from Night Trap

Also I'm impressed this never flamed up and everybody discussed it gentlemanly and came to mutual understandings, Clay will be proud.

The fucked up part is, the people who still didn't take it as serious as some of us did still had the balls to try and make their own original team..

So when you come around the community full of original skaters, original teams and originality in general talking that fake real fake team shit, we don't fucks'witcha.

It's like bringing a store bought Harley to a custom bike show.. You think we wanna accept that shit, around here?
    We tolerate it. That's it. and that isn't lasting long....
    Hoodlum Family All Rights Reserved ™ ® & Copyright © 2007-2012
    "dude i didn't go hard on this video thats what my welcome is gonna be" -RaginWarHero

Steam
    i_am_a_snail

my take is that the naming things after other teams is really fucking dumb and if people are going to make their own original content with this game on these sites they shouldn't half-ass it with YA I REP X COMPANY IN A VIDEO GAME ARENT I COOL and then the team is just a bunch of new kids who don't really care about what they're doing and why, it's just a bunch of new kids who think they're something they're not. i blame pharmacy, pharmacy was the start of the whole thing, the only difference is that pharmacy was actually a pretty cool team of pretty cool guys that just happened to be named after the shop. i'm sick of seeing the 5BORO FUCKYEAH and OMIT FUCKYEAH and DMNDSUPPLY FUCKYEAH circlejerk that's happening everywhere in skate right now and it saddens me that newdudes can't even be original with their own team names.

basically if you're going to start a team, don't force it and just let it happen, as opposed to naming it after an already established and respected IRL brand and expecting to be treated with the same kind of respect on a fucking internet message board full of old sweaty dudes. there's my 2 cents on that. and if someone calls you on bullshit, don't respond with more bullshit, even if the former was bullshit itself.

i don't mean to offend anyone or spark any flamewars with this post but goddammit avoiding dumb kids table shit like this was pretty much the reason places like skatethis, cc, fluckit and lb existed. they were fountains of original content free from the bullshit of kid's tables. what happened to that?

I know this is an OLD ass thread, but I'm digging this grave up for a minute because I think it should be discussed.

Snail, I agree with you 100%. One of the main reasons I disbanded Pharmacy was because I was sick of being confined to an already pre-determined thing...as well as a lack of free time.
    Before I went AWOL...I did notice a huge up-rise in random little 'teams' that were completely jacking real life teams. I think it's totally unimaginative and lame. While I do agree Pharmacy was a great team and am proud I started it...and I did have a lot of fun while it lasted, It was very boring of me to just copy an already existent team.

If I do anything else team-wise in the community it was be completely original and it'll really be MY idea. Anyways, I'm just bored and throwing my 2 cents out there.

Here's a little history
    Fluckit has been around before the game even was
    Most of us "no bullshit guys" put our feet up here years ago when we just couldn't admit to ourselves that we hung out with a bunch of douchey little kids at the EA site. It's not just a age thing though, there has been plenty of rad younger dudes. The game was just a common denominator in interest for most of us. Facebook wasn't even around. There has been countless really cool peeps come through this community. And even if we have never met in person we consider many friends.
    There is nothing wrong with making a team name after a real company. But things like that are common denominators of people we came here to get away from.

And it's not just a new guy thing there are PLENTY of rad new members
    ".........................................."
    Helen Adams Keller