Thread: AIRING OUT THOUGHTS....CREATIVITY, TEAMS, ECT.

Default AIRING OUT THOUGHTS....CREATIVITY, TEAMS, ECT.

I know within the last week or so I comment on a thread and got myself involved in this flame war...
    I stated, I dont understand how some members can "remake" actual teams...
    My post from that thread....

"Ive seen alot of "remakes" in my time and they dont last...
    alot of ppl just hop on for the sake of being on a "team"....
    I've seen your in-game footy and it isnt bad....I just think that you dont belong on a team with the lights of "blahblahX420" or whoever the fuck....
    what I'm trying to get along is....be original...start your own shit....never take the easy way out....the appreciation in the long run will pay of."

Somethings get under the skin when it comes to this game and that is one...
    We have all seen very creative and inspiring things come from this game, community ect...
    and when "actual team remakes"...ATR's...come along it's sad...
    Watch videos, lurk other teams around the community and get ideas, to inspire your OWN team...
    You can give it a certain attitude, jazz, flare whatever you want...cuz its yours and doesnt carry that of a actual team....
    EX; if someone was to remake Diamond Supply Co...iftheyhaventalready..
    I would expect robot style kids in snapbacks with tattoos skating to Lil Wayne...
    See?? this wouldn't happen if you created something...

I know that this is going to be a very touchy subject for some...
    I just wanted to let the community know how I felt.

IF YOU READ THIS, THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME.

And it begins....GO.

PS....MODS...
    DO NOT LOCK THIS THREAD, UNLESS IT GETS WAY OUTTA HAND. TY.

They say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

However (and i've said this before) it's better to be the flatter-ee than the flatterer.

if you're creative and original and other people pick up on it, you'll probably have an overall better experience.

my $0.02
    Threat YouTube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by ps3.old-skooler-34
    I watched all the videos and they were ok. I don't have a video, but I can do double back flips to blunt slide AND 360 lazer flip out.. I asked my dad and he agrees, I'm the best on here.

well said skatehead,and very respectfully as well.i personally don't care for the Skate versions of real life teams myself.as much pride as these guys have for their re-creations i'm sure that would double if it were something more original,but it's been said countless times that it's just a game,so if these teams are fun for the guys on them,that's more than fine in my eyes.

and yes,there is a Diamond remake out there

Quote Originally Posted by Skatehead View Post
    EX; if someone was to remake Diamond Supply Co...iftheyhaventalready..
    I would expect robot style kids in snapbacks with tattoos skating to Lil Wayne...
    See?? this wouldn't happen if you created something...

made by "EADMNDSUPPLY"
    Quote Originally Posted by momadaddy View Post
    i mostly play with myself now

weezy needs to go drink more mountain dew so that nasty ass grill will fall out
    Last edited by m.seven; 08-20-2012 at 04:44 PM.

PSN
    bengrover
    XBL
    bengrove

Doesn't look awkward enough on a board to be Wayne.

Real life recreations. Im not so keen. Whenever I see a 5BORO, SILVER TRUCKS or whatever video, I tend not to watch due to the chances of it being a kid who has been playing for 2 minutes and thinks they are the shit. Also a lot of the time, they feel they should be recognised due to being named after a rl brand.

It also makes me think of Skate3TeamTheBest or Obey or whatever they are going by now. No effort in their vids and quite frankly are terrible, yet they rack up views when those who spend the time and effort dont get recognised.

Im more likely to watch 'Team The Shirt Lifters' than I am 'Plan B Skate Team'.

Not that anyone cares. I dont care. Poop.

are there chicken nuggets in here?

Meth Graphic Manager InsideManager's Avatar

I don't really care one way or another personally, I don't have any problems with teams basing themselves off real companies. If you're enjoying yourself and having fun and contributing to the community, you can call it whatever you want. I might be one of the few but I don't watch videos based on the titles. That being said, Skate 3 is just a game in the scheme of things, it isn't a representation of my creativity or my originality, just a past time. I run a small independant record label and go to University, and design graphics, I put enough creative energy into those to make me feel like I don't need to prove anything with my video game skate team name.

I started to write a long comment about this. Then I realized I don't care enough to even muster up the words to agree with you Skatehead.

Bottom line? Honesty. This place needs more honesty, and we shouldn't feel bad calling a wack video wack. Too many "yeah nice vid" in threads with glitchy cams, panbacks, tricks cut off mid clip, bad edits, unoriginal teams, etc. I think if THIS community is going to keep itself from dying... we need to cull the herd.

Attack the Wack! Attack the Wack! *

*I am by no means calling anyone specific wack. But if you think I'm talking about you, I might be. lol
    ----------------------
    --> "I wont give up my real friends just to play that game alone at home with headphones on, isolated from social contacts. Why did u (EA) had to ruin a game that hard? Did someone just poop in your cereals? Are we to blame for this action? "

Quote Originally Posted by InsideManager View Post
    I don't really care one way or another personally, I don't have any problems with teams basing themselves off real companies. If you're enjoying yourself and having fun and contributing to the community, you can call it whatever you want. I might be one of the few but I don't watch videos based on the titles. That being said, Skate 3 is just a game in the scheme of things, it isn't a representation of my creativity or my originality, just a past time. I run a small independant record label and go to University, and design graphics, I put enough creative energy into those to make me feel like I don't need to prove anything with my video game skate team name.

I'll never be as cool as you then, bro.
    Hoodlum Family All Rights Reserved ™ ® & Copyright © 2007-2012
    "dude i didn't go hard on this video thats what my welcome is gonna be" -RaginWarHero

Quote Originally Posted by InsideManager View Post
    . I run a small independant record label and go to University, and design graphics, I put enough creative energy into those to make me feel like I don't need to prove anything with my video game skate team name.
    oh dude, there are alot of ppl on here that have full plates as well...
    Im not saying your not a busy person outside of this community, I just feel that alil more in-depth creative effort could be applied....the feeling from the outcome would help fuel your creative outlets....

Change of subject....

I design graphics as well for my best friends skateshop in my spare time...
    thinking of going back to school for it...Ive been doing it for a couple of months and been loving it and alot of ppl enjoy what Ive been doing...

Nah I didn't mean it in like a "I do so many things I don't have time" type of way, I just simply mean that it's just a game that you play with friends, you say some people are unoriginal for using taken company names, I say some people put too much pride and worth into their online skate teams, but hey we all have our own opinions. I just don't think me saying "yo I'm on this online skate team called "1954"" and me saying "yo I'm on this online skate team called "Omit"" really bear any difference in my mind, they're just skate teams online, the name is really insignificant to me in comparison to the product they create.

Also designing graphics is definately a fun purusit of a career, unfortunately where I live there just really isn't enough business to keep yourself employed with it, but if you can I assume it'd be a very interesting and unique choice of profession. You wouldn't do the same thing everyday atleast, web-design is actually the way a lot of my friends who pursued design went but most of them had to move away to Montreal or something like that to be successful. Kudos if you can do it though man, I always wondered what you'd actually be "taught" as far as classes go in an art program.
    Last edited by InsideManager; 08-20-2012 at 05:51 PM.

Too much time, pride and worth in this skate shit is the reason why Fluckit is here.
    The reason why LB is here..
    The reason why there was a skate 2..
    The reason why Skate 3 is the way Skate 3 is.

This community was built off of people being original, or at least trying. it made others work twice as hard to come up with something better or equally creative for others to enjoy. Originality built Skate.

So it's a smack in the face right now. I'm feeling real smacked in the face..
    "dude i didn't go hard on this video thats what my welcome is gonna be" -RaginWarHero

There is no point in arguing with you...

One thing I know is you consider your "online skate team" that....a online skate team...
    Mine on the other hand is a family...Some of these dudes talk on a daily basis, not about skate games but about everything...we are pretty nit-tight...

old guy circle jerks....

Steam
    ipermy
    XBL
    iperm

i love to jerk dicks

Well fair enough, I guess if I was that dedicated to the skate team thing I'd be proud to have my own unique team identity as well. I'm fairly new to the online side, maybe the deeper I get the more important it will become I don't know. I see what you guys are saying though, different strokes for different folks.

Diff'rent Strokes
    starring the girl from Night Trap

Also I'm impressed this never flamed up and everybody discussed it gentlemanly and came to mutual understandings, Clay will be proud.

The fucked up part is, the people who still didn't take it as serious as some of us did still had the balls to try and make their own original team..

So when you come around the community full of original skaters, original teams and originality in general talking that fake real fake team shit, we don't fucks'witcha.

It's like bringing a store bought Harley to a custom bike show.. You think we wanna accept that shit, around here?
    We tolerate it. That's it. and that isn't lasting long....

Here's a little history
    Fluckit has been around before the game even was
    Most of us "no bullshit guys" put our feet up here years ago when we just couldn't admit to ourselves that we hung out with a bunch of douchey little kids at the EA site. It's not just a age thing though, there has been plenty of rad younger dudes. The game was just a common denominator in interest for most of us. Facebook wasn't even around. There has been countless really cool peeps come through this community. And even if we have never met in person we consider many friends.
    There is nothing wrong with making a team name after a real company. But things like that are common denominators of people we came here to get away from.

And it's not just a new guy thing there are PLENTY of rad new members
    ".........................................."
    Helen Adams Keller

Steam
    i_am_a_snail

my take is that the naming things after other teams is really fucking dumb and if people are going to make their own original content with this game on these sites they shouldn't half-ass it with YA I REP X COMPANY IN A VIDEO GAME ARENT I COOL and then the team is just a bunch of new kids who don't really care about what they're doing and why, it's just a bunch of new kids who think they're something they're not. i blame pharmacy, pharmacy was the start of the whole thing, the only difference is that pharmacy was actually a pretty cool team of pretty cool guys that just happened to be named after the shop. i'm sick of seeing the 5BORO FUCKYEAH and OMIT FUCKYEAH and DMNDSUPPLY FUCKYEAH circlejerk that's happening everywhere in skate right now and it saddens me that newdudes can't even be original with their own team names.

basically if you're going to start a team, don't force it and just let it happen, as opposed to naming it after an already established and respected IRL brand and expecting to be treated with the same kind of respect on a fucking internet message board full of old sweaty dudes. there's my 2 cents on that. and if someone calls you on bullshit, don't respond with more bullshit, even if the former was bullshit itself.

i don't mean to offend anyone or spark any flamewars with this post but goddammit avoiding dumb kids table shit like this was pretty much the reason places like skatethis, cc, fluckit and lb existed. they were fountains of original content free from the bullshit of kid's tables. what happened to that?

I know this is an OLD ass thread, but I'm digging this grave up for a minute because I think it should be discussed.

Snail, I agree with you 100%. One of the main reasons I disbanded Pharmacy was because I was sick of being confined to an already pre-determined thing...as well as a lack of free time.
    Before I went AWOL...I did notice a huge up-rise in random little 'teams' that were completely jacking real life teams. I think it's totally unimaginative and lame. While I do agree Pharmacy was a great team and am proud I started it...and I did have a lot of fun while it lasted, It was very boring of me to just copy an already existent team.

If I do anything else team-wise in the community it was be completely original and it'll really be MY idea. Anyways, I'm just bored and throwing my 2 cents out there.

Steam
    i_am_a_snail

holy shit irish is alive, good to see you back-ish at least. i hope you do do something else, even if the naming teams after other teams was kind of dumb the s3 pharmacy was a sick team.

I've been considering it man. I just can never find anyone to sesh with. Everyone I used to play with is awol.

so many paragraphs i wanna reply to and say "THANK YOU SO FUCKING MUCH FOR BEING YOU!"

personally i come here and give my honest opinion about shit when i can. i dont do it much oftne because, well...i just dont. but on occasion ill give a thumbs up to what i feel is honest work, for a video game. Magic's dedication to this game and wat i experienced on Hoodlum can't really be "remade", so i can see why that kind of "flattery" isnt the most sincere on this forum. As skaters we're suppose to sot of thrive off of originality, even when it stems from something we already know.
    The basis for what i think we all feel to be original and fresh has obviously subsided as the series has taken an incredibly sharp nose-dive into the abyss of the public eye, but we al know, with a little bit of grease and work you can rekindle the same type of crazy stuff we did years ago (fuck i feel old typing that).

tl;dr I basically think we all are tired of ugly people being ugly.
    IM A BOSS ASS BITCH

Der Mohn Tintenfisch PoppySquidJr's Avatar
    Steam
    PoppySquidJr
    XBL
    PoppySquidJr

Quote Originally Posted by Irish View Post
    I've been considering it man. I just can never find anyone to sesh with. Everyone I used to play with is awol.
    If I knew you weren't dead anymore I'd be back on the xbox. I've been on PC lately.
    The artist formerly known as Luft

XBL
    TheDietTea

Heh, maybe it's just me but I could swear that the definition of honesty has changed around here.
    Tired of seeing the same old stuff, we seem to post bluntly.
    Doesn't make it a "chill", "drama free" community.
    Counting my time on EA versus fluckit, I saw more love, less progression, honest.
    People always talk, can't ever eliminate that.
    There were more people so maybe you noticed more negative..
    but if you really aim to please yourself, just let it be.
    If were really the chill community everyone claims, we won't dwell on this stuff.
    Old topic and new topics alike.

I'm always down to skate, just not filming anymore.
    killed just about every angle but it's still fun to mess around.
    Same goes for PGA, NBA and COD.
    Hit a morherfucker up "friends".

Fluckit Senior Citizen replicant's Avatar
    XBL
    replicant#2618

Srs Bzns iz Srs.
    Bear "replicant" Powell
    "I am Shaolin-Style!"

XBL: replicant#2618

Currently Playing: Diablo 2 Resurrected, Elden Ring, Skate 3