Thread: Counter-Strike Global Offensive

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    XBL
    TheDietTea

Quote Originally Posted by Ayreon View Post
    they tried doing cross platform before. Im pretty sure they succeeded with PS3 and PC. But mircosoft are huge bitches and they didnt allow it.

They got portal 2 cross platform.

The plan for this was to make PC,Mac and PS3 versions cross platform. And yah they ditched it because they still want to make major updates to the game. But cross platform with Xbox was never part of the deal so your mot losing anything.

And as for saying "it's on 360, No Turning Back!"

your fucking crazy lol. CS is a true PC game. Aiming on PC with a mouse is SO much more accurate than a dam joystick.

I mean what ever floats your boat, but you are the only person I have ever seen that would prefer to play CS on console. lol
    I mean.. it has only been on a console once before?
    Xbox, and now Xbox 360.
    All I'm saying is don't down it if you haven't tried it.
    It all plays the same if you allow yourself time to adapt.
    The only difference is what you're using.. a controller is much more comfortable to me than
    pressing several keys, clicking and moving the mouse.
    Don't get me wrong PC gaming is fun but console gaming is where it's at.
    Consoles operate on things that are pretty much in every single one..
    You don't have to buy a specific setup like you do a computer, just to run the game smoothly.
    More comfortable; Less Strain, One console with no need for a different graphics card, audio card etc.
    I honestly think consoles win.

If your more comfortable with a controller thats fair.

But I can down it, cause i've tried it. Played a bit of CSS on Xbox once. Doesnt really matter, I've played tons of shooters of console. The mouse being more accurate is a fact. Whether you find it comfortable or not is personal preference.

At first I hated using a mouse and keyboard but like you said, I adapted. Everyone I've ever talked to that have played both PC and console shooters always agree that its better with a mouse and keyboard. And that just boils down to the fact the mouse is more accurate.

edit

just one more reason the pc is better, modding.

http://kotaku.com/5935603/counter+st...nts-braaaiiins

just a quick question, do you console dudes get custom maps? like surf maps or aim maps?

if you dont know what surf maps or aim maps are, im going to assume you dont get them lol
    Last edited by Ayreon; 08-24-2012 at 11:16 AM.

Fluckit Master

I'm getting Antwans point, I am, but I have to agree with Ayreon's point saying kb/mouse being more accurate.. it really is. Consoles might be more comfortable I agree. But as of now, the consoles are 6-7 years old and the hardware extremely outdated. Which is the reason why games on the PC are shit these days, because the majority of todays games are console ports which ends up with low graphics, basically no pc settings to configure etc.

I'm glad though CS GO went the other way and made it a PC port, because at the end of the day CS was a Half Life mod to begin with.

Play which ever way suits your needs the best I'd say. Me however will always play CS on PC.

You have to try modding. I had my old 1.6 modded with halo skins and predator skins

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/7558/halomodelpack.png

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/--yQn99W17G...c/s1600/42.jpg

so it was like halo dudes vs predators. It was fucking awesome. I'd change up mods every week. kept the game feeling fresh

Games like Skyrim are a million times better on PC too. People put so many mods out for them. Heres my skyrim dude with armour and weapon mods.

http://static.skyrim.nexusmods.com/i...1332157794.jpg
    http://static.skyrim.nexusmods.com/i...1332182699.jpg

/\ dont worry about those weapons being overpowered, i used enchantments to get them that high.

XBL
    TheDietTea

"Skins" are cool and all but aren't they strictly cosmetic? Just for looks?
    I think "Mods" Are more like An aim, surf or zombie mode map.
    Atleast I think that's how it goes..
    I would think Xbox has dedicated servers, but things like what you're asking
    would have to be implemented later.. I'm pretty sure players started aim, surf and zombie and all that not Valve.
    I read a few articles on the game the other day..
    It's funny how people are misinformed about it all.. Gun Game was created on Counter Strike for PC
    Black Ops was community driven, someone obviously got the idea from Counter Strike.
    I Was just like.. really? Haha.. someone was saying OH yeah.. Global Offensive has a gun game mode like black ops.
    When really that mode was out like what.. Counter strike 1.5, earlier?
    The First time I saw gungame on Black Ops and had heard the game was community driven
    I knew instantly what Inspired it. I don't really care honestly, but the least they can do is give the counter strike community the proper credit. Articles without research equals dick.

Blazing a Trail
    XBL
    SalamiAndreas

salamiandreas

been playing a bit. HMU.

ignore this post

Last edited by i am a snail; 01-21-2013 at 01:40 PM. Reason: hurrf durf oh god i'm fucking retarded hurf 2 electric boogaloo

XBL
    TheDietTea

Quote Originally Posted by Antwan View Post
    "Skins" are cool and all but aren't they strictly cosmetic? Just for looks?
    I think "Mods" Are more like An aim, surf or zombie mode map.
    Atleast I think that's how it goes..
    I would think Xbox has dedicated servers, but things like what you're asking
    would have to be implemented later.. I'm pretty sure players started aim, surf and zombie and all that not Valve.
    I read a few articles on the game the other day..
    It's funny how people are misinformed about it all.. Gun Game was created on Counter Strike for PC
    Black Ops was community driven, someone obviously got the idea from Counter Strike.
    I Was just like.. really? Haha.. someone was saying OH yeah.. Global Offensive has a gun game mode like black ops.
    When really that mode was out like what.. Counter strike 1.5, earlier?
    The First time I saw gungame on Black Ops and had heard the game was community driven
    I knew instantly what Inspired it. I don't really care honestly, but the least they can do is give the counter strike community the proper credit. Articles without research equals dick.
    lol so true.

I liked their facebook page and when it was launched, i read a comment from someone and they said "this game is just a CoD rip off"

man I laughed really hard

Steam
    LowKeyIndustries
    XBL
    SteezOner

Quote Originally Posted by Ayreon View Post
    they said "this game is just a CoD rip off"
    OH THE IRONY

Quote Originally Posted by NotedDerk View Post
    I want a city to be absolutely covered with scooter kids, like pigeons or rats, and if you hit just one of them, their parents run over and break your board and you can only play the game again when you purchase another 'online pass', aka a new deck, at 49.99, minimum!