Thread: Day Z

Default Day Z

May some of you heard about that or even play it already, but i think this game deserves his own thread

So basically this is a FREE Mod for Arma2 / Arma2 Combined Operations, so all you have to do is download these two games with Steam and install the Mod.

DayZ is created by Dean "Rocket" Hall that puts you (a Survivor) in an huge open world that is about 225 km2.
    Your goal is to survive as long as possible and get the best gear you can.
    You have two choices when you start be a friendly survivor who works together with other survivors to try to stay alive. Or you can be a bandit who sticks to the motto "kill on sight!" and try to get as many murders as possible.

You always start near the Water without anything. During the Game you`ll find Things like a Map, a Hatchet (you can harvest Wood and make Fire), a Watch (its based on real Time, means during the Night its dark as Hell) and if you get lucky any kind of Weapon.

There are some much little Details which make this Game that amazing for me, like for example if you get hitted by a Zombie and loose Blood it won`t stop till you bandage yourself. If you near Death (lost nearly whole Blood) some other Player has to give you a Blood Transfusion.

You can find Cars, Boats, ATV´s etc. but they are fucked up and you have to search for Pieces to fix it. Once you fixed it you can use it. You have to refill the Tank though

But always watch out for Zombies, if you are Dead you loose your whole Gear.

Of Course on Public Servers its pretty hard to stay alive since there are a lot of other Players which will hunt you too. Its pretty frustrating when you spent the whole Day searchin for Gear and then you got shot with a Sniper.

But it isnt that hard to set up your own Server. So made a Friend and now we are a Group of about 9 People which play friendly and just try to stay alive.

Its hard enough without others to stay alive, since its the Alpha and there are still plenty of Bugs. So i suggest to join Servers with less Players at the Start.

The Atmosphere is very well made and works just perfect with this theme and the Day/Night circle makes it even harder to stay alive.

This is the official site and the Trailer

www.dayzmod.com

Got some Screenshots for you i took in the last few Days/Nights

For those about to Die, we Salute you...

we repaired this Bus, up to 24 People can sit inside

cruisin around on the Motorcycle

Group Meeting around the Fire HAH

Love the creepy Atmosphere...

with plenty of shocking Moments

Open for bigger Pictures, dunno why they are that small

I highly recommend everybody loving the walking dead series or Zombie Games in generell to spend these 30$.
    Last edited by Jebotek; 09-09-2012 at 01:07 AM.

Steam
    skategunner
    PSN
    freeZeskates
    XBL
    XfreeZe

What sewrver are you on?
    Cleanery Bud!

Fluckit Master

Heard about this before. Don't own Arma II but if I did, I definitely would play this mod.

Quote Originally Posted by xfreeZe View Post
    What sewrver are you on?
    some private server a friend setted up

I played this. But after spending hours trying to find my friend, then getting killed in 3 minutes and spending 1½ hours again...
    If there was a way of spawning to each other or something, this would be amazing. But it's just so much work for so little reward.

yeah on a Public Server the exact same Thing happened to me. But with the Private Server its pretty fun to play without Players with better Gear hunting you