Thread: Hill Bombing

Der Mohn Tintenfisch PoppySquidJr's Avatar
    Steam
    PoppySquidJr
    XBL
    PoppySquidJr

Default Hill Bombing

Okay so I planned on learning how to legitimately skate when I got to Clemson University (See other thread for reasons why)

But I've discovered a deep love for bombing the fuck out of these hills. The whole damn university is covered in hills so I've been doing it all, from streets to sidewalks to walking paths to grass bombs.
    5 days into college and the left side of my body is fucked up in scabs and road rashes from a bad spill on the 3rd day. Loving it.

Anyone else do this? I'm curious to hear some stories :V
    Last edited by PoppySquidJr; 08-23-2012 at 07:11 PM.
    The artist formerly known as Luft

Don't typically run into bombing hills when I skate anymore, but happens from time to time.
    I don't really enjoy it, I think about what could go wrong rather then just enjoying the breeze and the speed.
    Haven't ate it going down a hill yet and I don't plan on it ever happening, I hope.

P.S. I hate the word 'legit,' legitimately is acceptable in my book, however, haha.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiltzuh View Post
    I skate unrealistic in real life...i just learned ungrindables at my local park !
    Videos; www.youtube.com/derwreck

I live on a hill,most of us are scared to bomb it cause my buddy alex died after bombing that hill he was hit by a car and sufferd brain damage then was confirmed dead when we got to the hospital that was two years ago last week was his birthday so we needed a way to tribute to him and his courage to bomb that hill we all held hands and bombed the hill by the time we were at the bottom our hands were bleeding and scraped up.after that we went to his grave and as us babys we cryed and cryed untill we left..and now im hee telling you this story eventhough i shouldnt be saying a word about this to you and anyone reading..-Steez
    Shake Junt!!! GT:SteezXStatus
    DeathWish OR DIE
    Co-Founder of Backside Corp

( •_•)

( •_•)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)
    Let The Good Times Roll

Resident Fruitbooter Roccityroller's Avatar

every once in awhile on blades...

Hoodlum Threat
    Youtube
    Live Stream
    Twitter

Blazing a Trail
    XBL
    SalamiAndreas

get ready for a video tomorrow Steven.

ignore this post

Last edited by i am a snail; 01-21-2013 at 01:40 PM. Reason: hurrf durf oh god i'm fucking retarded hurf 2 electric boogaloo

Parkades...
    Jakeskate306
    LPC Team Manager/Co-Founder
    StrangeClothing Team Manager/Founder
    Noir Skateboards Team Rider

i used to love bombing hills and parking garages.it's such a rush flying downhill.i remember when i first started skating(before you were born,haha)and me and some buddies were skating this steep ass hill in the neighborhood.well my dumbass didn't quite tighten the nuts on my wheels enough and after a few runs i lost a wheel about halfway down,eating it hard.hurt like hell but that day was so much fun.

Steam
    PoppySquidJr
    XBL
    PoppySquidJr

Quote Originally Posted by NotedDerk View Post
    Don't typically run into bombing hills when I skate anymore, but happens from time to time.
    I don't really enjoy it, I think about what could go wrong rather then just enjoying the breeze and the speed.
    Haven't ate it going down a hill yet and I don't plan on it ever happening, I hope.

P.S. I hate the word 'legit,' legitimately is acceptable in my book, however, haha.
    Fixed it just for you :P
    Also, I get scared shitless but it's the adrenaline that keeps me going, rather than the relaxing factor. Also the groups of chicks staring makes it a bit more awesome. Nobody bombs around here, so people get impressed pretty easily by it ;P

Quote Originally Posted by STEEZxSTATUS View Post
    I live on a hill,most of us are scared to bomb it cause my buddy alex died after bombing that hill he was hit by a car and sufferd brain damage then was confirmed dead when we got to the hospital that was two years ago last week was his birthday so we needed a way to tribute to him and his courage to bomb that hill we all held hands and bombed the hill by the time we were at the bottom our hands were bleeding and scraped up.after that we went to his grave and as us babys we cryed and cryed untill we left..and now im hee telling you this story eventhough i shouldnt be saying a word about this to you and anyone reading..-Steez
    Hey man, that's wicked as hell. I REFUSE to bomb ANYTHING on an active road, but man, that must have taken some serious courage, and it really says a lot about your friendship. You should be proud for that, man.

Quote Originally Posted by Roccityroller View Post
    every once in awhile on blades...

Wicked as fuck. I love blades and boards alike. Stay fast~

Quote Originally Posted by andreas View Post
    get ready for a video tomorrow Steven.
    I'm waiting.

Quote Originally Posted by JakeSkate306 View Post
    Parkades...
    Yes, yes, and yes again. Stay hesh~

Quote Originally Posted by m7419 View Post
    i used to love bombing hills and parking garages.it's such a rush flying downhill.i remember when i first started skating(before you were born,haha)and me and some buddies were skating this steep ass hill in the neighborhood.well my dumbass didn't quite tighten the nuts on my wheels enough and after a few runs i lost a wheel about halfway down,eating it hard.hurt like hell but that day was so much fun.
    Man I got a heavy wheel bite going down a hill, my dumb ass tried to firecracker a few stairsets in a row so I could keep going, by the last one I landed on the edge of my board, got flung forward when my board stopped. My left arm has about 3 road rashes and the top of my hand makes me look like a leprosy victim. But got a lot of cool attention from it, so it's all good. Still bombing, just hitting a few more grass bombs and a little less concrete until it heals up ;P

It's the funnest part of skating IMO, but if you don't know how to powerslide you're fucked.
    Quote Originally Posted by momadaddy View Post
    i mostly play with myself now

Fluckit Senior Citizen replicant's Avatar
    XBL
    replicant#2618

Bombing can be a lot of fun and I have dropped a ton of hills over the years.
    However, make sure you take it a bit easy at first and get your speed checks in order.
    Nothing wrong also with wearing a helmet, whatever pads you can endure, and some solid gloves.

I have a friend who is a living testament to being safe when it comes to hills.
    He was bombing one of our local spots when we were about 16-17 and caught
    some bad wobbles. He went to check up and his wheels bit causing him to get
    thrown pretty damn hard resulting in him honestly landing head first. This
    knocked him stone out and cracked his skull. Got him to the hospital and he
    was in a coma for almost a week. Luckily it didn't kill him, but the swelling and
    such from the injury made him a bit slower in his speech and thought processing.
    He also suffers from pretty severe seizures sometimes that were triggered from
    the injury. It been over twenty years, but he still likes to get out and skate still.

Not trying to talk you out of any of this, just saying to keep yourself in check
    cause I don't like seeing anyone get hurt or messed up for life because of
    skateboarding.
    Bear "replicant" Powell
    "I am Shaolin-Style!"

XBL: replicant#2618

Currently Playing: Diablo 2 Resurrected, Elden Ring, Skate 3

Oh yes sir !

I personally love hillbombing...
    Have had my cruiserwheels for three years and last summer i managed to buy 9'' cruiserdeck to get it further.
    I'n Finland hills aren't that big but luckily there's quite many good one's in my smallish hometown.
    Usually you can hit them only at night because lot of cars at the daytime. I'm making a little RL full length later this year and i'm definately gonna make hillbombing/hillcruising part in it.

But yes I love to cruise or bomb down the hills.

I bomb toilets.

UG/Popless Pioneer pawnluvguitarist's Avatar

I used to bomb hills more back in the day. Nowadays I'd rather hit up a more mellow hill and just do big carves.

why i dont bomb hills anymore
    IM A BOSS ASS BITCH

Steam
    LowKeyIndustries
    XBL
    SteezOner

Quote Originally Posted by Hitmanx123 View Post

What idiot takes the bushings out of their trucks.

I want a city to be absolutely covered with scooter kids, like pigeons or rats, and if you hit just one of them, their parents run over and break your board and you can only play the game again when you purchase another 'online pass', aka a new deck, at 49.99, minimum!

Meth Graphic Manager InsideManager's Avatar

Might sound lame but my first board I got when me and my friends were like 8 or 10, we used to start out doing coffins down the big hill near us, then we'd sit on it. Then for awhile we'd kneel on it and go down (so deadly and unbalanced) lol and finally we started standing and bombing hills, on those old crappy wal-mart type decks, it was gnarly. Fell down a lot but thats before I even knew what skateboarding really was, just shredding hills, don't do it anymore though, I value my life more now haha.

Steam
    PoppySquidJr
    XBL
    PoppySquidJr

Quote Originally Posted by Hitmanx123 View Post

My entire body hurts just trying to THINK of bombing with that.
    Nah but I ride a flat out cruiser board. Creature Brue Killer <3

Quote Originally Posted by Fecal Face View Post
    Daewon rides for Tensor. Tensors are designed to not turn. Daewon likes turning. Daewon removes the bushing so he can turn.
    Quote Originally Posted by momadaddy View Post
    i mostly play with myself now

Quote Originally Posted by Fecal Face View Post
    what idiot bombs down hills on a skinny board with wheels?
    IM A BOSS ASS BITCH

XBL
    TheDietTea

I never did speed checks.. I was younger. Usually I would hall ass and jump into the grass and roll.
    The Closest thing to a speed check was a ruined shoe.
    Speed wobbles only happened once or twice but it was shitty haha I remember the feeling after falling, everything spinning.
    I don't think I would bomb a hill again.. New Mindset for skating for sure.
    I used to do all kinds of stupid shit.. Holding manuals at nearly 10 mph or so it felt..
    I remember it being pretty damn easy to balance.. but a rock, something distracting.. I would've been so fucked.
    Really only remember one time I bombed a hill with friends.. There was one long ass road mellow as fuck
    but we would carve it for so much speed.. Probably something like a 20 minute skate just cruising down this hill.. traffic was pretty minimal but you still had to watch that shit.
    Learned my lesson about open roads the hard way.
    I've never shared this before, But I think it's about time.
    The Article Is cut off due to it being an older date, but you get the picture.
    http://news.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs...6300018/-1/rss
    I'm not saying don't bomb hills do whatever you want..
    Into traffic, Something is going to happen sooner or later. I take no more chances.
    The Recovery was not even worth it.. It changed me completely.
    Lost Short Term Memory for a few years, Had to relearn to walk..
    Emotional stress from no where, eating shit through tubes.
    It's sketchy.. But I guess that's what Hill Bombing is.
    Last edited by Antwan; 08-25-2012 at 03:28 PM.

UG/Popless Pioneer pawnluvguitarist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Antwan View Post
    I used to do all kinds of stupid shit.. Holding manuals at nearly 10 mph or so it felt..
    I remember it being pretty damn easy to balance.. but a rock, something distracting.. I would've been so fucked.
    yeah i hear that haha

Steam
    PoppySquidJr
    XBL
    PoppySquidJr

Quote Originally Posted by Antwan View Post
    I never did speed checks.. I was younger. Usually I would hall ass and jump into the grass and roll.
    The Closest thing to a speed check was a ruined shoe.
    Speed wobbles only happened once or twice but it was shitty haha I remember the feeling after falling, everything spinning.
    I don't think I would bomb a hill again.. New Mindset for skating for sure.
    Really only remember one time I bombed a hill with friends.. There was one long ass road mellow as fuck
    but we would carve it for so much speed.. Probably something like a 20 minute skate just cruising down this hill.. traffic was pretty minimal but you still had to watch that shit.
    Learned my lesson about open roads the hard way.
    I've never shared this before, But I think it's about time.
    The Article Is cut off due to it being an older date, but you get the picture.
    http://news.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs...6300018/-1/rss
    I'm not saying don't bomb hills do whatever you want..
    Into traffic, Something is going to happen sooner or later. I take no more chances.
    The Recovery was not even worth it.. It changed me completely.
    Lost Short Term Memory for a few years, Had to relearn to walk..
    Emotional stress from no where, eating shit through tubes.
    It's sketchy.. But I guess that's what Hill Bombing is.
    I have promised myself before I even started to never bomb live roads. Luckily there are many concrete hills on campus that are NOT roads.

XBL
    TheDietTea

Yeah Pawn I remember both of those videos from a while back.
    That shit's still pretty gnarly. How many parking spaces was it again?
    I think I would go like 20 max riding straight aways I wasn't getting pulled by a car though haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Luftwaffe View Post
    I have promised myself before I even started to never bomb live roads. Luckily there are many concrete hills on campus that are NOT roads.
    Well that's good.. Maybe it'll make some other people think twice about getting gnarly without thinking.
    That's my only reason for sharing really.. Do what you want, just don't want to do it without.. thinking haha.

Steam
    fallingskyline
    PSN
    fallingskyline
    XBL
    fallingskyline

When i was in school (which was on a hill) we used to bomb it everyday, cause it was way faster than taking the bus, and it was way more fun. But also a lot of shit happened on that downhill like the following:

- broken kingpin (front truck) at highspeed
    - too fast, pop to low... try to ollie a sidewalk and hang up with the back truck
    - car coming out of a garage while i was speeding there, hippyjumped over the hood of the car, of course i landed on my face instead of my board
    - whobbling trucks because of loose trucks, got out of control to eat dirt (several times)

it was a fun time, though <3
    Skate Till Death (STD) / Doppelgänger Produktion (DP) / Small Town Crime (STC) / Dharma Inc. / Cap Faction ST

Blazing a Trail
    XBL
    SalamiAndreas

Hey man, that's wicked as hell. I REFUSE to bomb ANYTHING on an active road, but man, that must have taken some serious courage, and it really says a lot about your friendship. You should be proud for that, man
    pussy

ignore this post

Last edited by i am a snail; 01-21-2013 at 01:40 PM. Reason: hurrf durf oh god i'm fucking retarded hurf 2 electric boogaloo

Blazing a Trail
    XBL
    SalamiAndreas

ignore this post

im not a speed demon

Steam
    PoppySquidJr
    XBL
    PoppySquidJr

pffft, you're on a bike kid. I'd honestly hit that hill on a board though, I'd just have to tighten the trucks a bit first. :V

Blazing a Trail
    XBL
    SalamiAndreas

pffft, you're on a bike kid. I'd honestly hit that hill on a board though, I'd just have to tighten the trucks a bit first. :V
    but you would have to slow down. just sayin.

ignore this post

Blazing a Trail
    XBL
    SalamiAndreas

dubz

ignore this post

Steam
    PoppySquidJr
    XBL
    PoppySquidJr

but you would have to slow down. just sayin.
    Because I'm on a skateboard like a real man :U

Steam
    LowKeyIndustries
    XBL
    SteezOner

dubz
    That hill is fucking long. And SickySickygnargnar

I want a city to be absolutely covered with scooter kids, like pigeons or rats, and if you hit just one of them, their parents run over and break your board and you can only play the game again when you purchase another 'online pass', aka a new deck, at 49.99, minimum!

ps helmets are for rookies

Steam
    PoppySquidJr
    XBL
    PoppySquidJr

Quote Originally Posted by EmmitBrown View Post
    That looks so damn fun.