Quote Originally Posted by thesignguy View Post
Buying a shoe with a Nike symbol on the side of it seems to go against everything skating came from.
Quote Originally Posted by Boxerman08 View Post
I never really liked Nike, simply because to me it isn't really a skate brand at its core.
Whenever anyone brings up how Nike isnt a core brand I find it funny because, as a kid, when I started skating there was no such thing as 'skate shoes' ..you had only 3 brands to choose from: Nike, Adidas, and Converse. Imagine that.

And Vision Street Wear IS still around ..in Japan anyway: http://visionstreetwear.com/

I had been riding Fallen shoes for a while and those are relatively durable. But I recently picked up some Emerica Jinx (cheap $50) to try out and I like em; simple, comfortable, and very skate-able.

Youre really not going to find any skate shoes that are virtually indestructible like they were back in the day..Nowadays its all about board feel and making kids/parents shell out their cash on a more regular basis. Just get something comfortable, affordable, and wont make you feel like shit and break the bank when you rip through em.