Thread: Skate Shoes Suck

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    XBL
    TheDietTea

Default Skate Shoes Suck

So what kind of shoes do you guys skate in?
    I use my skate shoes as tennis shoes as well.. go on walks with them.
    Every pair I've had, The Backs get worn away and it rubs against the back of my foot
    Ruining socks and Giving me cuts.
    Do any of you use those Gel-Sole things in them?
    I'm trying to figure out how to make them last longer..
    I doubt there's a shoe that is comfortable and durable at this point.
    Shoe-Glue Isn't an option. Like It just wear and tears so easily?
    Shoe isn't falling apart just the backs usually.
    Trying to think of what shoes I've even used..
    Fallens, Audios, DCs, Etnies.. I think that's it
    I had a pair of Supras once if they count as skate shoes.

Steam
    LowKeyIndustries
    XBL
    SteezOner

Supras definitely count. Also Adio doesn't exist anymore.
    I mean skate shoes are meant to take a lot of shit, you just have to understand what shoes do what.

Vulcanized shoes give you fantastic boardfeel, but you sacrifice protection and the shoes usually die quicker.

Cupsoles are built to last and have hella protection but it's harder to feel out the board. For some people. It's all a matter of preference.

Also it depends on how you skate your shoes. If the backs are wearing out you probably need a half-size bigger or something, unless your talking about the rear sole. Then I really don't know what you mean, the shouldn't happen unless you bomb mad hills and use your heel to break.

I personally flick my tricks with the side of my foot more, so the laces and shit get blown out super fast. It's shitty, and it's hard to correct. All my homies that I film have shoes last anywhere to a week to 3 months. You just have to analyze what your buying and how you skate.

Quote Originally Posted by NotedDerk View Post
    I want a city to be absolutely covered with scooter kids, like pigeons or rats, and if you hit just one of them, their parents run over and break your board and you can only play the game again when you purchase another 'online pass', aka a new deck, at 49.99, minimum!

Meth Graphic Manager InsideManager's Avatar

I'm no shoe expert, but in my experience, DC's are awful and did exactly what you said, just wore away at the heel and ruined my socks/ankles. I find personally that Vans last pretty well as far as durability goes and Nike last alright, even though they're more of a slimmer kind of shoe.

I always go for the 'big' puffy type skate shoes, like dvs has, just 'cause I feel they'll last longer. Look a lot better as well.
    They all seem to develop the same wear and tear though, it's mainly your approach to how they become destroyed.
    I usually get a small hole on the bottom where my big toe is from adjusting my feet too much on my board.

For example,

Seriously can't stand shoes that look like this, from any brand...yuck

Last edited by NotedDerk; 08-29-2012 at 11:04 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiltzuh View Post
    I skate unrealistic in real life...i just learned ungrindables at my local park !
    Videos; www.youtube.com/derwreck

If your shoes wear out in the heel area inside the shoe, I warmly recommend these Swedish delicacies. The inside of the shoe including the heel is made by pig skin; it won't wear out.

Skate shoes in general are a fucking lottery. Griptape does mean damage to any shoe, yet I still can't help to think that shoe companies could make super durable shoes if they wanted, but won't because worn out shoes = new shoes = profit. Maybe I'm just pessimistic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Clayfighter
    this was florescent beige , so good it makes no sense
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevland
    abba is not as cool as nazis but it's fucking close

Steam
    ipermy
    XBL
    iperm

I have three pairs of Lakai Manchester selects (blue, red, black)
    and I love them for walking around in

I haven't skated in the longest, I remember that they rip easy but they're still really good for skating in