Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: kanen's still pushin' it

hahah aaaa slammy i love thou

btw heres a new pic for the felix thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Slamooh View Post
    it seems like some of you guys can be morons too
    dishonesty here
    by the way, GK has always been cool and you're definitely blind if you deny how good he is.

do you really think landing sideways or picking a fat character make you more unique ?
    I didn't see in this thread anywhere where anyone said or eluded to anything you just said. What I see is how some just elaborated the early quote of "it's funny to see innout is still licking gk's balls" let me go back and see who said that.....

Oops nvm
    ".........................................."
    Helen Adams Keller

Blazing a Trail

Quote Originally Posted by thesignguy View Post
    I didn't see in this thread anywhere where anyone said or eluded to anything you just said. What I see is how some just elaborated the early quote of "it's funny to see innout is still licking gk's balls" let me go back and see who said that.....
    Oops nvm
    Read again and be honest, i was making a weak remark but i wasn't denying they made good videos and brought some original stuff to the table, which is obvious.
    Then it started to be "hoodlum invented stuff and innout and his buddies are insignificant bad kids"
    Bear with me, it's caricatural

same old same old

sorry i should focus on hoodlums next fl
    Last edited by Slamooh; 10-23-2012 at 06:38 AM.

UG/Popless Pioneer pawnluvguitarist's Avatar

It was a good video, didn't really inspire me like the last one he put out. But there were a few tricks and lines i liked.

now this is a story all about how my life got twisted upside down

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Clayfighter View Post
    thats the thing, they've never represented the community. of all the truly influential people from this community, they are the only ones who have tricked people into liking them. people like Demz have never had to claim to be someone else to get noticed, thats why his name gets used in other peoples tags on youtube, because he really has had an effect on skate. but they use manipulation to get people to like their stuff.
    if it wasnt for linny's s1 videos and s2 solos at the beginning, half the people making videos now would not play skate the way they do now.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Slamooh View Post
    it seems like some of you guys can be morons too
    dishonesty here
    by the way, GK has always been cool and you're definitely blind if you deny how good he is.

do you really think landing sideways or picking a fat character make you more unique ?
    GET EM HAHAHHAHHAHA

Quote Originally Posted by NotMikeNikeSb View Post
    if it wasnt for linny's s1 videos and s2 solos at the beginning, half the people making videos now would not play skate the way they do now.
    Hahahahahahahah
    Now i love a good joke! And that was Great Thanks.

Video was ok. Double grinds in S1 ain't really all that hard, getting them to look good and not squashed auto-lock looking, well that takes skills haha..

As for the rest of bickering, it's just the good old days of EA returned yay!
    Ask me Anything, I live in the Future. Just don't ask me about the Rhinoceros!!!

"The most dangerous creature on the face of the Earth, is an educated idiot."

http://www.youtube.com/user/DaaG00n

Banned

As for video vibes, I can understand you liking them since they're mostly copying real skatevideos. From song choices down to entire parts. There was a time where you couldn't go on te forums and not see another happy medium clone.
    I found ABD rather refreshing. Honestly this statement makes me smh.

I dont understand how people can say that, In general; a majority would never of played realistic because some group started doing it first. Ive heard this forever lol

this is skateboarding....In a video game which allows you to do as you please....

So it would be granted that we would see varieties of styles incorporated into the game as a natural reflection from how we would portray ourselves skateboarding, or someone we like as there are remakes. A vast amount of realism can be looked at a bunch of different ways....Even though the limit and boundaries of the game get stretched, some can make em look good or bad....Its taste and how you prefer it. Everyone has adapted to sucking balls and playing favourites. you can separate the bunches easily around any community forum to be honest, Everything is blatant.....but there is still love. luckily.

Fluckit Master

This thread still alive?

wow..

Banned

Happy Medium LoL

Steam
    ipermy
    XBL
    iperm

I fucking hate everyone.

Holy shit so much seriousness.

Personally I hadn't even heard of innout when I started this gig. It was all TNO and the rest of DP that made me get going. (Man TNO's lost spots and "strictly" series. <3<3<3) And I personally adapted my playstyle from everywhere, from demz to linny, from supafly to jerrel.

Skate what you want, stop bitching about people that doesn't follow the style you enjoy skating/watching. Hell I have petpeeves with the tings people do in this game*cough*rampedbsflipdown3set,doubleangleshitfuc kthat*cough*

I have no idea where I was going with that, just spent an hour getting nostalgic with tno and shit. Can't remember. fuck

Quote Originally Posted by madsser View Post
    Skate what you want, stop bitching about people that doesn't follow the style you enjoy skating/watching.
    Couldn't agree more. This is why I think the skate series is so good, it has something for everyone. realistic, hippie flippers, trickliners what ever your bag skate can offer it.

In terms of the video, some of the tricks were sublime. I've liked most of what i've seen from Giant Kanen, though i hadn't see most of his earlier stuff as up until about a year ago I hadb't heard of him. My first exposure to skate videos was Champoy and Animal Machine videos.

Quote Originally Posted by madsser View Post
    Holy shit so much seriousness.

Personally I hadn't even heard of innout when I started this gig. It was all TNO and the rest of DP that made me get going. (Man TNO's lost spots and "strictly" series. <3<3<3) And I personally adapted my playstyle from everywhere, from demz to linny, from supafly to jerrel.

Skate what you want, stop bitching about people that doesn't follow the style you enjoy skating/watching. Hell I have petpeeves with the tings people do in this game*cough*rampedbsflipdown3set,doubleangleshitfuc kthat*cough*

I have no idea where I was going with that, just spent an hour getting nostalgic with tno and shit. Can't remember. fuck
    oh god yes, tno got me into making videos as well, it wasn't bks, I heard of them after I started making videos. tno doesn't speak much in the public either btw.. I think the guys that influenced me the most were tno, then eakskatekrew (justkatenohate lol, he was a chill guy) and after that it were probably jerrel, guth, vp and blast that really inspired me.

Quote Originally Posted by SK8ERatWAR View Post
    oh god yes, tno got me into making videos as well, it wasn't bks, I heard of them after I started making videos. tno doesn't speak much in the public either btw.. I think the guys that influenced me the most were tno, then Southy and Horsehead
    Skate, film, edit how you want and stop worrying about what other people think, ya know, kinda like irl skateboarding.

thats the thing, they've never represented the community. of all the truly influential people from this community, they are the only ones who have tricked people into liking them. people like Demz have never had to claim to be someone else to get noticed, thats why his name gets used in other peoples tags on youtube, because he really has had an effect on skate. but they use manipulation to get people to like their stuff.
    kanens name gets used in tags aswell, excessively. they dont use manipulation either, i understand if its not the type of fakeskating you enjoy, and maybe to you they didnt affect fakeskating,but thts your opinion. i love watching it aswell as many other people. and its fine tht some people like this and some people like that and whatever, the community shouldnt have any conflicts over mere preferences. its a dead end argument, it boils down to opinion.

slam...
    "do you really think landing sideways or picking a fat character make you more unique ? "

damn slam...
    what did i do?....
    SUPPORT YOUR HOMIES...

Steam
    LowKeyIndustries
    XBL
    SteezOner

Remember SSS? Oh god that was the shit

Quote Originally Posted by NotedDerk View Post
    I want a city to be absolutely covered with scooter kids, like pigeons or rats, and if you hit just one of them, their parents run over and break your board and you can only play the game again when you purchase another 'online pass', aka a new deck, at 49.99, minimum!

fucking love when people bump two month old threads......
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiltzuh View Post
    I skate unrealistic in real life...i just learned ungrindables at my local park !
    Videos; www.youtube.com/derwreck

XBL
    x1mmortal

I liked it. Discreet comment is not working.
    Quote Originally Posted by NotedDerk View Post
    you do any of that first try realistic garbage on that damn boat and I'm not using it.
    Quote Originally Posted by momadaddy View Post
    i mostly play with myself
    Xbox is GONEEEE.

Minglin'

Quote Originally Posted by r0ke View Post
    Skate, film, edit how you want and stop worrying about what other people think, ya know, kinda like irl skateboarding.
    Roke the voice of reason. Its about preference when it comes to what style you like, thats why we play skate not any other game. Because it allows us to do that; but then we argue over what this game has let us do...

Emulation is how skating got started, some guy did a kickflip and then after that everyone was doing them (the flatground guy cant remember his name) what people should do is tweak what they see, until they like it before anyone has a chance to see it. This was kinda stopped by a lot of threads on the kids table saying "Watch these people, do what they do then you'll be good and people will say you're good!"

At the end of the day ill tell someone if i thought they shredded, if they're a dick or too humble to agree. Problem is dick's have a much easier time operating on the assumption that everyone will love what they put out.

*flicks metaphorical two cents into debate*

Blazing a Trail

Quote Originally Posted by Demzilla View Post
    slam...
    "do you really think landing sideways or picking a fat character make you more unique ? "

damn slam...
    what did i do?....
    nothing
    i'm just trying to balance bullshit

hahahahah
    SUPPORT YOUR HOMIES...

Steam
    MakeshiftOddity
    PSN
    MakeshiftOddity
    XBL
    MakeshiftOddity

Quote Originally Posted by thesignguy View Post
    I would put Demz, Magic, DJ Adam, Pawn and a few others ahead of anyone on BKS as far as being influential. Even Clay I think came up with the mid trick switch stance glitch haha

besides southy is far better with the stix than Kanen in my eyes
    Whatever happened to DJAdam? And what Southie does is almost not fair, he could probably do one continuously for a video and I'd be entertained yet jealous of him being able to do it. Plus VHS is so much better than ABD in my eyes for that simple point that has been brought up that it's almost the same parts in ABD. Which ironically gives it an appropriate name.
    Last edited by Oddity; 01-06-2013 at 10:23 AM.

^Get psyched to be here.^

rumpetaske

So TNO is everyone role model.

That's a lot of pressure!

Fuck this thread!

Bump!

Hate me!

Suck It!
    GT - The Fr0sted Man

Quote Originally Posted by fallingskyline View Post
    i'm perfecting sloppiness!

Quote Originally Posted by jaike View Post

Emulation is how skating got started, some guy did a kickflip and then after that everyone was doing them (the flatground guy cant remember his name)
    Rodney Mullen...

You couldn't remember Rodney Mullens name and then called him "the flat ground guy"!!!!!!!
    Why has no one smacked this young man yet!
    GT - The Fr0sted Man

Quote Originally Posted by fallingskyline View Post
    i'm perfecting sloppiness!