Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: kanen's still pushin' it

Default kanen's still pushin' it

anyone seen it? still doing new, insanely hard shit

What are this 'GiantKanen?'
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiltzuh View Post
    I skate unrealistic in real life...i just learned ungrindables at my local park !
    Videos; www.youtube.com/derwreck

Fluckit Master

Saw it. Great seeing he's still kicking it.

Blazing a Trail

it's funny to see innout is still licking gk's balls

^^ agreed

Quote Originally Posted by Slamooh View Post
    it is very sad indeed
    ".........................................."
    Helen Adams Keller

This^
    LB is like a pedophile playground, either old bastards or little kids.. -adda

haha true

He needs to just propose to the guy and get it over with.
    Last edited by NotedDerk; 10-22-2012 at 09:30 AM.
    I skate unrealistic in real life...i just learned ungrindables at my local park !

I don't care how innout is a bitch and all.

This guy, is a-fucking-mazingly good. Incredible how good he can make the physics look. wow, oh, wow.

A dub grind in OG skate?! What is this sorcery!?

not all that impressed really, i mean these guys are interchangeable.
    HEY OM YEAH HOODLUM[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Clayfighter View Post
    not all that impressed really, i mean these guys are interchangeable.
    explain please

they do not have their own style. Each one is a carbon copy of the next. They even look the same

look they are all good if not nobody would look at there videos or respond to this thread
    Helen Adams Keller

Steam
    ipermy
    XBL
    iperm

Everyone skates the same ^

and I liked it for what it was
    and the dub grind was stupid

Quote Originally Posted by Permy View Post
    Everyone skates the same ^

and I liked it for what it was
    and the dub grind was stupid
    your face is stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by SK8ERatWAR View Post
    explain please
    like SG said, they all have the same style and most times the same character model. theres nothing about them that says who they are besides the name tag. the biggest problem though, is that they praise themselves so much. they have never stood on their own footage but rather on giving themselves all these accolades. i mean look at their youtube page, they named it that to trick people into thinking they had something to do with the game, and to tell you the truth, thats very similar to what that albert kid is doing.

Quote Originally Posted by thesignguy View Post
    they do not have their own style. Each one is a carbon copy of the next. They even look the same

look they are all good if not nobody would look at there videos or respond to this thread
    you're right about that, but since I can never ever do some of the tricks they do or the way they approach spots I don't really care much about the way someone skates or dresses. and imo only innout and kanen look alike, and kanen does things even innout will never be able to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Clayfighter View Post
    like SG said, they all have the same style and most times the same character model. theres nothing about them that says who they are besides the name tag. the biggest problem though, is that they praise themselves so much. they have never stood on their own footage but rather on giving themselves all these accolades. i mean look at their youtube page, they named it that to trick people into thinking they had something to do with the game, and to tell you the truth, thats very similar to what that albert kid is doing.
    you're kinda right, I agree with you that they shove feathers up their own asses alot. But they did represent the "skate community" for a couple of years, didn't they? NO at least easkatetv did. IN HIS EYES

Edited by SG

XBL
    emericaridr11

Quote Originally Posted by SK8ERatWAR View Post
    you're right about that, but since I can never ever do some of the tricks they do or the way they approach spots I don't really care much about the way someone skates or dresses. and imo only innout and kanen look alike, and kanen does things even innout will never be able to do.
    fuck Kanen, in n out killed this shit

thats the thing, they've never represented the community. of all the truly influential people from this community, they are the only ones who have tricked people into liking them. people like Demz have never had to claim to be someone else to get noticed, thats why his name gets used in other peoples tags on youtube, because he really has had an effect on skate. but they use manipulation to get people to like their stuff.

I would put Demz, Magic, DJ Adam, Pawn and a few others ahead of anyone on BKS as far as being influential. Even Clay I think came up with the mid trick switch stance glitch haha

besides southy is far better with the stix than Kanen in my eyes
    Helen Adams Keller

I would put Demz, Magic, DJ Adam, Pawn and a few others ahead of anyone on BKS as far as being influential. Even Clay I think came up with the mid trick switch stance glitch haha

can't deny that. But they did represent what was realistic for many people I think. I mean Demz and all those other guys are influential and all, but I personally have never seen them like kanen or anyone else from bks, because I was just more into the realistic stuff.. It's true that they're arrogant pricks, but I don't really care, because imo they pushed realistic skating, without kanen or innout, I would've never thought of popovers or dub grinds like smith-feebs.. I'm not saying they were the first ones to do that stuff, but for many people like me, they were the first ones to show.

thats the thing, they've never represented the community. of all the truly influential people from this community, they are the only ones who have tricked people into liking them. people like Demz have never had to claim to be someone else to get noticed, thats why his name gets used in other peoples tags on youtube, because he really has had an effect on skate. but they use manipulation to get people to like their stuff.
    did they ever say they represented the skate community like albert does? I've never seen them do that. (I started following them just before s2 came out so I might've missed some things in the early days.) I don't see the fact that they tricked people into liking their stuff.. I saw a couple of montages of them and I loved 'em, I never connected them to ea or black box..

This is the truth!

heres the thing SK8ERatWAR, before they became "the realistic" team there old videos consisted of them doing crazy unrealistic gaps and other things. but they have erased all those videos, they copied people styles and ultimately became the team you see. they named their youtube account EAskateTv so that kids would assume they were developer/ publisher videos and would never correct kids when asked if they had anything to do with the game.

if you like their vids thats fine, i just think you should know the shady shit they have done to get recognized, including making false accounts

Banned

I enjoyed the video, I liked his Fashionbly late one better though.

Interchangeable? I don't know, I thought they all had their own style, at least in s2. It's the small details that seperated them from each other, these details could be found in:
    - landing
    - type of tricks
    - filming
    Especially Bob Saget.

And even if they were interchangeable, very few of us were/are able to do the lines performed by Kanen and very few are able to create an edit like innout - I'm 99% sure of that. I really think the difficulty of some things BKS has done, whether it's the tricks they did or a certain vibe they've created around their videos, is being underestimated by some people. But then again, it's all about one's opinion (and people should stop trying to objectivy theirs, imo!).
    I'm not saying we should dickride GK/BKS like Linny.

We are the 1%!

Steam
    LowKeyIndustries
    XBL
    SteezOner

So much OG arguing right now haha.

Both Innout and Kanen make S1 look gangster as fuck. Clean-ass stylish tricks. Can't argue with that.

Quote Originally Posted by NotedDerk View Post
    I want a city to be absolutely covered with scooter kids, like pigeons or rats, and if you hit just one of them, their parents run over and break your board and you can only play the game again when you purchase another 'online pass', aka a new deck, at 49.99, minimum!

Steam
    i_am_a_snail

Quote Originally Posted by jerr bear View Post
    I enjoyed the video, I liked his Fashionbly late one better though.

Interchangeable? I don't know, I thought they all had their own style, at least in s2. It's the small details that seperated them from each other, these details could be found in:
    - landing
    - type of tricks
    - filming
    Especially Bob Saget.

And even if they were interchangeable, very few of us were/are able to do the lines performed by Kanen and very few are able to create an edit like innout - I'm 99% sure of that. I really think the difficulty of some things BKS has done, whether it's the tricks they did or a certain vibe they've created around their videos, is being underestimated by some people. But then again, it's all about one's opinion (and people should stop trying to objectivy theirs, imo!).
    I'm not saying we should dickride GK/BKS like Linny.
    i was pretty much going to say something like this so instead i'll just quote it.

i enjoyed the video a lot and i'm glad to see someone can still find new things to do in OG.

Southy invented the sticks, and he took them away..

Resident Fruitbooter Roccityroller's Avatar

They seem interchangeable because its one person dressing up differently and making a 'team', we've proven this in S2.

There's nothing "special" about linny's edits either. There's a lot of other editors on here that have done much more powerful and inventive stuff than he ever has and to say that nobody can come close to that is nonsensical.
    Hoodlum Threat
    Youtube
    Live Stream
    Twitter

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Roccityroller View Post
    They seem interchangeable because its one person dressing up differently and making a 'team', we've proven this in S2.

There's nothing "special" about linny's edits either. There's a lot of other editors on here that have done much more powerful and inventive stuff than he ever has and to say that nobody can come close to that is nonsensical.
    When I said "an edit like innout's" I wasn't talking about "1337 editing sk1llZ". I meant the vibe he managed to create around a couple of videos was rather unique and can't be compared other edits. I like his vision.

Really, this discussion is getting old. Let's focus on the video that was posted here.

Resident Fruitbooter Roccityroller's Avatar

ok. I wasn't super impressed. some interesting spots and tricks but his ABD part was better.
    Hoodlum Threat
    Youtube
    Live Stream
    Twitter

the tricks were good,especially the ender,but i thought it was kinda boring really.definately not gonna wait in line to fap to it like some of those yt comments.

The dude is ridiculously good at what he does. I always found it peculiar how much of a ghost he's been compared to the rest of BKS. Never seen him argue on forums or youtube. Either he's more humble or an even bigger diva. Who cares tho, let 'em have their fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Clayfighter
    this was florescent beige , so good it makes no sense
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevland
    abba is not as cool as nazis but it's fucking close

Quote Originally Posted by knexzor View Post
    The dude is ridiculously good at what he does. I always found it peculiar how much of a ghost he's been compared to the rest of BKS. Never seen him argue on forums or youtube. Either he's more humble or an even bigger diva. Who cares tho, let 'em have their fun.
    I noticed that too haha

Steam
    i_am_a_snail

Quote Originally Posted by knexzor View Post
    the sparse interaction i've seen from him makes him seem a lot cooler than in n out at least

Giant Kanen is the new Switchtre. If you were around during og, you would remember a kid named Switchtre who was on BKS and was highly praised by in n out and wasn't as big of a presence on the forums.

As for video vibes, I can understand you liking them since they're mostly copying real skatevideos. From song choices down to entire parts. There was a time where you couldn't go on te forums and not see another happy medium clone

The video is good. Nothing else matters.
    2:07 line... my god.

Blazing a Trail

it seems like some of you guys can be morons too
    dishonesty here
    by the way, GK has always been cool and you're definitely blind if you deny how good he is.

do you really think landing sideways or picking a fat character make you more unique ?
    Last edited by Slamooh; 10-23-2012 at 02:30 AM.