Thread: Marvel Heroes

Default Marvel Heroes

Anyone else excited for this game?
    I'm in the closed beta btw.

My dad is going to play the shit out of it, that's all I know, haha.
    He fucking loves spiderman.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiltzuh View Post
    I skate unrealistic in real life...i just learned ungrindables at my local park !
    Videos; www.youtube.com/derwreck

So far it's pretty damn good, think Diablo II with superheroes that's completely free to play.

XBL
    TheDietTea

I don't think any other game will match up to diablo..
    Blizzard does it very well. I read a few articles through interest in a diablo approach
    but all they do is keep referencing "It's a diablo-like game"
    I don't think any game is a diablo like game. maybe the same genre, but never close to blizzard's approach.
    I haven't played Marvel Heroes but I assume you can't equip new armors and weapons or even obtain rares.

Steam
    LowKeyIndustries
    XBL
    SteezOner

Quote Originally Posted by Antwan View Post
    I don't think any other game will match up to diablo..
    Blizzard does it very well. I read a few articles through interest in a diablo approach
    but all they do is keep referencing "It's a diablo-like game"
    I don't think any game is a diablo like game. maybe the same genre, but never close to blizzard's approach.
    I haven't played Marvel Heroes but I assume you can't equip new armors and weapons or even obtain rares.
    I feel like you always have to contradict what the person above you has said.

Quote Originally Posted by NotedDerk View Post
    I want a city to be absolutely covered with scooter kids, like pigeons or rats, and if you hit just one of them, their parents run over and break your board and you can only play the game again when you purchase another 'online pass', aka a new deck, at 49.99, minimum!

XBL
    TheDietTea

I didn't deny any truth to what's being said..
    I just don't think the right references are being made.
    Based on what I know about the diablo franchise, and other games inspired by it
    games in the genre are usually not up to par with how blizzard does things.
    It's an assumption but that's what I think.. Feel free to tell me it isn't.
    Hell, if it's got equipable items that are dropped and changes your appearance I might be playing it when it comes out.
    Gameplay will be very similar to that of the action RPGs Diablo and Diablo II. Marvel Heroes will be free-to-play.
    While micro-transactions will be used to fund and support the game, players will not need to spend money to access the full game.
    Though the game proudly touts a stable of MMO buzzwords -- grouping, instances, shared worlds -- it's easy to see Marvel Heroes as a sort of spiritual successor to Diablo, and Brevik's influence shines through. It might be massively multiplayer, but it's a loot-based brawler at heart. And it's going to be free-to-play.
    The real draw of the game, though, is the actual gameplay. As someone who's played through the Diablo trilogy countless times, I would say that the closest analogue to Marvel Heroes' gameplay would be Diablo II (but with Diablo III's action bars). You slice, leap, and laser your way through masses of loot-piñata mobs, dodging attacks and ultimately relying more on your twitch reflexes than piles of stats to keep you from harm.