Thread: DonVigo in the City 2 - An Abstrakt Series of Sequels

Don't Worry, Be Happy
    XBL
    DonVigo

Default DonVigo in the City 2 - An Abstrakt Series of Sequels

What's up, all? Teased you rightly for this one, and here it is: DonVigo in the City 2.

Some of you may recall the original DonVigo in the City series. After finishing that, I got into the world of CAP's for the first time, and kinda lost the love for the city. Upon reaching a needed breaking point, I decided I needed to relearn SV and how it's best killed. It's also cool to see the progress that's been made between the two. Some of the original DVITC entries were seven minutes long, while none of these top five. Granted, Reel and my computer seem to have some issues, as I've lost a lot of clips and some of my best bangers due to gitched up/downloads... But this should be a much more trim set of series than you may be used to seeing from Abstrakt Productions.

With no further adieu:

DVITC2: Back to School -

Only seemed like the appropriate place to start, being where the demo stems from. Had a lot of fun hitting some old spots in new ways. And no, there's no footy from the DonzGap in this one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Krome View Post
    this dude. this dude disappears for months then pops up with 5 full length vids in the span of 2 weeks.

Don't Worry, Be Happy
    XBL
    DonVigo

DVITC2: Industrial Strength -

Why follow with the industrial zone? Because skateboard, that's why. I always enjoyed this district, as it seems I could have some good luck with the funkier little obstacles as well as those DV sized gaps. Plus, the ghetto spot.
    this dude. this dude disappears for months then pops up with 5 full length vids in the span of 2 weeks.

Don't Worry, Be Happy
    XBL
    DonVigo

DVITC2: Now Actually in the City -

In the city (woahhh ohhh!) at last. There's no shortage of spots in any given direction in this city, and it was tough to stick to the one reel format I was going with. But, quite stoked on this one.

Don't Worry, Be Happy
    XBL
    DonVigo

DVITC2: My Cups Runnith Over -

To be both blunt and honest, the Maloof cups are something of a challenge. The first one has been around for more than a minute, so I'm pretty sure I've done most anything I'd like to do there... And the new one never felt quite right to me. Sizing, maybe... Layout perhaps, but never seemed to be my best source of footy. Anyway, filled a reel between the two, and here it is.

Don't Worry, Be Happy
    XBL
    DonVigo

DVITC2: A Threefer -

Again, three spots that aren't all too large in and of themselves, and I have thoroughly beaten to death with a shoe. Still managed to find some gold, particularly the stuff at the end. Gotta dig the track, as well.

Don't Worry, Be Happy
    XBL
    DonVigo

DVITC2: Artsy Fartsy -

And so it ends where so much of it all began... Back at the Art Gallery. This one was probably the most fun to film, or at least I was looking most forward to filming here again. I'll always have a soft spot for that stairset at the Regs park, and the mini ramp... Even if it hasn't skated right since the OG days. Second only to the Community Center, this takes me back to the start. Enjoy.

Oh, and if anyone's wondering, the next project is already in the concept phase, and may take just as long if not longer to launch. DonVigo's Tour De' CAP's - One Man in One Hundred Parks - Coming Eventually.

I'll probably be one of the few/only people that watch this in it's entirety and I have to say I didn't really come away impressed by any one thing/edit.

To elaborate, the skating was fun and the edits suited the action but nothing really stood out to me besides a) good music synching, and b) the lack of skate sounds throughout. Since you must've taken some time to edit all this however I felt the least I could do was give it a watch.

If this is what you love to do keep at it man as mine is just one opinion.

Cheers
    Last edited by r0ke; 11-11-2012 at 12:32 PM.

Don't Worry, Be Happy
    XBL
    DonVigo

Well put, and fair enough. I've been at this for a few years, and have probably peaked in the last one. Don't really have the time or energy to do anything big or elaborate anymore, but love to play around, and would like to think I've found my niche.

And for the record, I think it's my video converter that kills the sounds. I tried switching software, but couldn't work out the video quality with it.

Thanks for the honesty, and the time, brother.

i'm pretty much in agreement with roke,at this stage of the game to take the time to put together this amount of stuff deserves some credit.may not have been the most stylish/realistic vids out there but i could sense you were just having a great time during the whole process so props for that.
    keep doing what you love man.