Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The new rule of thumb.

Default The new rule of thumb.

Hey, I know some of us got so tired out using the downtown lot, and the back lot, but for some reason every new cap I've seen in the last two or three months has been an indoor park. I'm not even saying that I don't like the new parks, I love some of them and am insanely jealous of them. Real talk. Some of you are crazy talented at this, and should really make it a rule of thumb that for every two indoor parks, you make an outdoor park. Let's have some new outdoor parks. Pretty please. I'll reward you with some stars and Shit.
    -love

Me.
    http://www.soundcloud.com/ironyokes
    Humble sample nerdhop for you.

Working on something outdoors currently.
    PSN: m00rg4n_FR33man_
    XBL: Ohmidineffect

Pandora & The Devd Stck Collective.

Bruh help me eat, buy a beat.
    soundcloud.com/nothing_neue

Meth Graphic Manager InsideManager's Avatar

I can't speak for park builders, but I know that if people kept complaining about my graphics I made and not liking the brand, I'd just stop sharing them with people, so that being said, I hate seeing people complain about what parks are being built, just be happy that any parks are built, and if you don't like them don't play them.

Quote Originally Posted by InsideManager View Post
    I can't speak for park builders, but I know that if people kept complaining about my graphics I made and not liking the brand, I'd just stop sharing them with people, so that being said, I hate seeing people complain about what parks are being built, just be happy that any parks are built, and if you don't like them don't play them.
    who's complaining? I was just asking for more outdoor parks. don't take it so personally, I wasn't trying to offend anyone.
    I did say I enjoyed the indoor parks as well. I build parks too, so it's not like i'm relying on people to build parks for me either, that's a
    very strange accusation. let's not fight.. I'm on your side mang.

Quote Originally Posted by Novel View Post
    who's complaining? I was just asking for more outdoor parks. don't take it so personally, I wasn't trying to offend anyone.
    I did say I enjoyed the indoor parks as well. I build parks too, so it's not like i'm relying on people to build parks for me either, that's a
    very strange accusation. let's not fight.. I'm on your side mang.
    Start making your own outdoor parks.
    Quote Originally Posted by momadaddy View Post
    i mostly play with myself now

I'd rather let the park builders do what they want to do.

XBL
    emericaridr11

Quote Originally Posted by briden View Post
    Start making your own outdoor parks.
    for reals

XBL
    YumyyyP & i enjoi hopps

cheese balls

Guys I really don't think he ment anything by this... I think he was just trying to prusade us to start making more outdoor parks...

That said novel you need to understand park building goes though crazes... Lately it's been indoors but about a yeah back it was hard to find a park that wasn't industrial and more recently tranny parks... So just sit tight the out door parks will come soon enough
    Videos
    Parks
    (Alliance founder. Pandora team member)
    "I can speak and spell Spanish"

I hear a lot of people bitching about this.

i blame the berrics

XBL
    YumyyyP & i enjoi hopps

Der Mohn Tintenfisch PoppySquidJr's Avatar
    Steam
    PoppySquidJr
    XBL
    PoppySquidJr

Quote Originally Posted by yumpancakes1 View Post
    Poor use of the meme, bro. It's very understandable why ANYONE would dislike indoor parks, so that renders this completely senseless and problematic. That meme is supposed to be for things that seem impossible for some humorous reason, I.E. having a kid and avoiding stepping on a lego brick.
    The artist formerly known as Luft

YESSS!!! fuck these indoor parks man.. this shits getting old.. people should definitely get back to making street spots and lil towns and shit.. i fucking hate indoor parks now.. they are all the same.. every one of them. sorry.

im uploading an indoor park tonight haha!!!!

Thumbs up

Everybody here is being completely irrational. I didn't demand anything, just suggest there should be more outdoor parks.. but holy shit.. by all means,
    let's pretend i'm somehow forcing people to do things, and i'm an asshole for making a suggestion. lighten up eh?
    taking this fake skating a bit too seriously.

XBL
    YumyyyP & i enjoi hopps

I'm still debating that if cheetos are better than doritos

I'm with you 100% novel, just so you know.
    Just can't control what the builders want to make, it's all their creations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiltzuh View Post
    I skate unrealistic in real life...i just learned ungrindables at my local park !
    Videos; www.youtube.com/derwreck

But park creators are a big part of making this game fun so... [click]

frenchy

Quote Originally Posted by MarcoPoloUSN View Post
    But park creators are a big part of making this game fun so... [click]
    This is true skate 3 would be gone long ago if it wouldnt be for cap and gc

And yummy cheetos are the best
    yes that is me and tyler the creator

Waste of a thread. Everybody is ganging up on one dude for having an opinion. Would you all have liked OG or Skate 2 if it was all just indoor spots or all just outdoor spots? No. It's just a little variety to keep things fresh. Both styles take skill (as a builder I can admit to that). I just like the lush backgrounds and environments that come with an outdoor park.

Even when I skate indoor parks I try to find little quirky things and gaps that the creator may not have meant to put in there. I think the challenge is building a park thats skateable BUT more skateable than even the creator knows.

Meth Graphic Manager InsideManager's Avatar

To be fair I don't think anybody really "attacked him" or "ganged up" he said he was sick of indoor parks, I said I was sick of people complaining about what parks people make. Pretty simple.

Blazing a Trail

Quote Originally Posted by InsideManager View Post
    I could not agree more with this. As someone who spends an ungodly amount of time building requested parks by the community (both indoor and outdoor) it really gets under my skin to see the same community complain like this....its disrespectful.

If you want change don't ask for it...make it happen yourself.

Look Mom! Over 8,000 Chat Posts! blitzkow's Avatar
    XBL
    blitzkow

Quote Originally Posted by FullyFl4RED00 View Post
    I could not agree more with this. As someone who spends an ungodly amount of time building requested parks by the community (both indoor and outdoor) it really gets under my skin to see the same community complain like this....its disrespectful.

If you want change don't ask for it...make it happen yourself.
    I agree people will make outdoor parks and indoor at some time, they just have to be pacent.

Always Here
    1. blitzkow (6211)
    2. InsideManager (6063)
    3. exoskate89 (2603)
    4. Hobbs (1514)

XBL
    SmurfsInABox

I'm asking you all, as a fellow human being, to please cut all of this arguing out. I've been thinking about this all day and I honestly haven't been as concerned about the future until reading the comments on this thread. How can we expect to make it through real crises if we can't even keep ourselves from arguing about such petty things as video games? I'm not the kind of person that deals with confrontation well but if I can prevent others from attacking each other and destroying their friendships then I'll do what's necessary to make sure they get through it. You can call me a bitch or a hippy but I stand by what I have to say. So please just try to get along and if you have any issues please take them out on me and not each other; at least that way there will be less collateral damage.

Thanks for taking into consideration what I have to say and if you really value each other as people then you won't bring this up again.
    Pce, Smurfs

this is now a cheeto appreciation thread.

Blazing a Trail

Smurfs...we need more people like you. Good session earlier man!

Blazing a Trail

Quote Originally Posted by Dead_Head View Post

this is now a cheeto appreciation thread.

.....I LOVE Cheetos. I'm going to make a cheeto park in honor of my love for tem

Well played Smurf. I love everyone.

Banned

I got a remake I'm gonna be finishing it up soon so you will have somethings to skate when i get my park done

XBL
    emericaridr11

i can understand making Remakes, or Requests, or even if your just a Indoor Park Builder (cause thats what you like), But...

it seems like 80% of the parks i see are some random name TF, not a remake, not a dope request, just a tiny simple, typical as hell indoor park....

those are the ones i hate, plenty of Great Indoors

but everyone and their mommas are uploading these fucking TFs (no offense to anyone's TF, or anyone in general)

gets Annoying, "ungreatful" i personally dont think so

all i want is for someone to make solid outdoor spots.. ive been doing my part with both outdoor and indoor parks.. i just want to see more outdoor parks.. like i would love to see "TheMikeSkates" make a dope ass street spot.. or to see "jordan" make a remake of love park.. even another "emericaridr" film spot. just stray away from indoor shit for like 2 months.. thats all

Banned

at least smurf and fully flared are doing part in the outdoor parks.

XBL
    emericaridr11

how about More park builders, hell yeah that would be tight

Banned

Well i mean those two are helping make sure we don't get all indoors other then every now and then.

Banned

OH sorry guys i forgot blitzcow he's also helping alot in making outdoor parks.

Banned

Smurf, Fully, Blitz and Mike your the guys who are keeping us with parks to skate. you guys make alot of parks and for us to skate. i don't know why people are arguing about this cause you guys give parks that are amazing and you try and give people a park a week sometimes more then that, that's at least 4 parks a week without other peoples parks being on this that's impressive. you guys do alot for us and I'm getting better park building from just skating parks and getting ideas and looking at good parks i mean might just be me but i get alot of ideas by that way i bet other people also get ideas for parks and get better just by skating good parks trying to make custom ramps, rails, stairs, etc. OH SHOUT OUT TO ALL FILMERS WHO MAKE A LOT OF SKATE VIDEOS RIGHT HERE -> try making 5 plus videos all in game you might be able to do that but after that your gonna be in a stump (without making shity videos.) But all together show some respect guys. i know it was a suggestion, but it turned out into a death glare toward fully, smurf, mike and blitz. overall show some respect.

Quote Originally Posted by itsChizzy! View Post
    all i want is for someone to make solid outdoor spots.. ive been doing my part with both outdoor and indoor parks.. i just want to see more outdoor parks.. like i would love to see "TheMikeSkates" make a dope ass street spot.. or to see "jordan" make a remake of love park.. even another "emericaridr" film spot. just stray away from indoor shit for like 2 months.. thats all
    You captured my sentiments exactly. I love the parks these guys do, and I usually give them mad props in the comments to their uploads. I suppose I should have worded my post differently or tried harder not to sound like I was some authority on what people do. The point was that these kids make incredible indoor parks (parks that I love) and I would love to see them do some outdoor spots, mostly becuse I've hit a block in my outdoor parks and get a bit frustrated with my own creations. I sincerely wanted to be part of this board, and have been active in the community since day one. Just not with everyone here specifically. So as long we've squashed some of the unintentional issues brought up here. I hope I haven't disqualified myself from any future respect in this boatdor the community. Just for the record, some of the indoor parks have blown me away, and I was the first to say they made mine look like ass. I just didn't want specific people to be discouraged from more outdoor parks. I was promoting it, that's all.
    I have a tendency yo offend people online, it's happened since I've had the internet. I'm banned from all of my favorite sites for having a strong opinion. If I get too assholish, you guys let me know, and I'll tone it down. Just don't diregard or ban me that's alll I ask. Thanks.

ragin,you know you can edit your posts,right?
    no need to triple post one after the other.

XBL
    emericaridr11

Quote Originally Posted by RaginWarHero View Post
    but it turned out into a death glare toward fully, smurf, mike and blitz. overall show some respect.
    SO WRONG pal, as a matter of fact i think those dudes were the ones who got Credit for making parks here in this thread, Indoor or Outdoor...

this has nothing to do with "Respect"