Thread: The Official Put Your Board Where Your Mouth Is ***EDITED with Guidelines***

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

It looked really good luft, but you did the trick a little different.
    it was a half cab to blunt, to back disaster, back revert out.
    you did a front 180 into a noseblunt into a front rock, basically.
    Think I got all the terms and stuff right, might be wrong though.

STILL, it was cool luft!
    Last edited by NotedDerk; 11-28-2012 at 05:06 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiltzuh View Post
    I skate unrealistic in real life...i just learned ungrindables at my local park !
    Videos; www.youtube.com/derwreck

Der Mohn Tintenfisch PoppySquidJr's Avatar
    Steam
    PoppySquidJr
    XBL
    PoppySquidJr

Quote Originally Posted by NotedDerk View Post
    It looked really good luft, but you did the trick a little different.
    it was a half cab to blunt, to back disaster, back revert out.
    you did a front 180 into a noseblunt into a front rock, basically.
    Think I got all the terms and stuff right, might be wrong though.

STILL, it was cool luft!
    whoops. Well shit, it'd be EASIER the other way, blunts back onto the coping are way easier than noseblunts. I wish I had known that. Oh well, I'm already off of the xbox for the night.
    EDIT: The fact that he's goofy foot and I'm regular is probably what tripped me up. XP
    Last edited by PoppySquidJr; 11-28-2012 at 05:24 PM.
    The artist formerly known as Luft

XBL
    TheDietTea

Yeah stance should be accurate, I wouldn't even count your entry yet if this thing isn't set up.
    It's just an idea.. we don't have to roll with it.
    Just seems like contests always have restrictions and rules
    and without those limitations, we're just posting into this thread whenever we can.
    I dunno.. just seems like you don't really earn anything in being given so much time to accomplish one trick.
    If we do want this to be official.. think of it like how Likebuttermag.com was doing clip of the week.
    We'll add our own twists to the rules, get a logo everyone can use in the beginning.
    Obviously open to discussion, throw ideas out if you have them.. this is just what I am thinking.
    Would be cool to have something unique for skatefluckit, a weekly thing even better.
    I'm thinking
    Variation of the Week
    VOTW #1
    Whoever is running this thing will pick a trick or sequence we have to re create as fluidly as possible.
    Obviously, week by week it will be a bit hard to pick out tricks so suggestions should be allowed.
    One Video in the thread. Doesn't mean you can't upload multiples to your reel or youtube and pick the best
    so long as you post it by the end of the week, no problem.
    Sounds good to me.. if you like this, cool.. feel free to add what you think needs to be done/doesn't belong.

edit:
    Here's a recap of how Clip of the week was being done
    http://likebuttermag.com/forum/topics/cotw-09-closed
    Last edited by Antwan; 11-28-2012 at 06:13 PM.

XBL
    crni1976

Fucking hell Luftwaffe! If only you did it switch since it's a half cab into blunt (well, going in fakie, you know what I mean) you'd have nailed it. I would go with your first attempt though since even in the vid it seems more of a 180 out (with little pop) than a revert I guess. But so that video of yours looks sick, if you can get it up switch, then you accomplish what I was aiming for, showing what can be done, doing what I haven't been able to yet, giving some trick tips and motivate me and others to try harder :-)
    I am on my way to work now, but I will get back to this thread later today to work out the details. Thanks for your input Antwan and everyone!
    Last edited by crni1976; 11-29-2012 at 02:15 AM.

Steam
    PoppySquidJr
    XBL
    PoppySquidJr

Quote Originally Posted by crni1976 View Post
    Fucking hell Luftwaffe! If only you did it switch since it's a half cab into blunt (well, going in fakie, you know what I mean) you'd have nailed it. I would go with your first attempt though since even in the vid it seems more of a 180 out (with little pop) than a revert I guess. But so that video of yours looks sick, if you can get it up switch, then you accomplish what I was aiming for, showing what can be done, doing what I haven't been able to yet, giving some trick tips and motivate me and others to try harder :-)
    I am on my way to work now, but I will get back to this thread later today to work out the details. Thanks for your input Antwan and everyone!
    I'll retry this again when I get back to the dorm this afternoon, see if I can't get it the right way this time :P

XBL
    crni1976

Having looked into the suggestions posted above, I am still trying to get my head around a good way to make this thread work and, more importantly, to make it fun and inspiring.

The reason I came up with this thread is because I was having a hard time with a specific trick (see above) and still haven't pulled it off, only to see Luftwaffe come up with something that is close but not quite true to the original yet (half cabs to blunt are a pain in the ass!).

I feel this should continue to be the focus, i.e. experienced, adventurous or prodigy players stepping in to help out others that are struggling with or doubting the sheer possibility of a certain trick.

So in this spirit it maybe would be best to avoid making too much of a competition out of it, since that would probably mean having to assemble some sort of jury to decide on both challenges and submissions, and having to deal with all the hassle that comes with it.

Maybe it would work best if someone just proposes a challenge for a trick or possibly line, backing the request with real life footage of said trick or line to keep with the realistic spirit of things. All those interested are then free to submit just one clip in this thread featuring their best or most suitable try filmed in virtual fluckerland.

I am thinking no fixed deadline might be needed as the person providing the challenge is free to decide if a clip lives up to it. So it might just take one submission or it might take a lot more. In case of debate, everyone is free to state his opinion to come to an agreement and move on.

As soon as the challenger is satisfied, he states so, leaving the person that first sent in a suitable clip to provide the next challenge or to open the forum to suggestions from other people. The first suggestion then is taken keeping in mind that is has to be a realistic trick or line (based on actual footage) that you have been struggling with or that you deem impossible in-game.

Contrary as to I originally suggested, it might not be necessary to actually use rewards, since most of us here will probably get stoked as it is pulling of challenging tricks and lines and getting due props for it.

I am hoping this makes sense, but I will give it some more thought in the weekend. Any feedback, thoughts or suggestions are still more than welcome.

In the meantime, I am looking forward to new submissions regarding the current challenge that is referred to above, since I still need to be convinced of its possibility!

Cheers

sounds more fun as you last described it than it being a contest.
    with contests there's always the biased and the butthurt.

Steam
    PoppySquidJr
    XBL
    PoppySquidJr

Quote Originally Posted by crni1976 View Post
    In the meantime, I am looking forward to new submissions regarding the current challenge that is referred to above, since I still need to be convinced of its possibility!
    Cheers
    I can get it the other way, but it's far less attractive and thus I haven't saved a clip yet. In hindsight, I should've just kept a few <_<