Thread: Going to attempt to get funding for a new skate game. not skate 4.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

The issue at this point isn't even funding. That is still an issue, but the bigger issue is getting responses like "nobody is going to touch a skateboarding game if you hand deliver it to them on a silver platter". That's one response I received from a gentleman who works at a reputable gaming website. I was simply shooting ideas off of people I used to keep in contact with. It's pretty sad at this point. The only enthusiasm I've really received was from people at this board, and about 10% of the hundreds of emails that I've contacted.

The project isn't dead in the water yet, I still want to get this done.
    Whoever mentioned kickstarter, I know, man. I know.
    I'm working on getting a meeting with more people and hopefully putting a video together. If anyone knows any popular am skaters that would like to hype the project, I can take a plane out and put it on a video or something.
    I know I haven't written much lately on this thread, and I hope you all don't think I've given up. It may take until 2015 to get this is the water, but I promise to not give up on it. I still think about this everyday.

I'm sure there's more info I could include about what I've been doing and who I'm talking to, but until I have a more complete idea of what I can deliver, I'll just say that I'm still going on it. I can't quit. I love all of your ideas, and I want to get this made. As a fan, above all else.
    http://www.soundcloud.com/ironyokes
    Humble sample nerdhop for you.

XBL
    TheDietTea

That's pretty rad man.
    Did you explain to them that it would be different from all the other skate games?
    Probably wouldn't help much but two to three bullets, worth a shot.
    Just come up with some set in stone ideas. A Gripping Story, Memorable characters.
    The Game's Play style can come later, yeah?
    I don't know much about making these kind of things happen
    but I think if you have the right approach and that enthusiasm
    When you speak about something you have put time into making to interest others, it may show.
    It may interest.

Blazing a Trail

Waste of time, never gona happen

XBL
    TheDietTea

I don't know maybe the odds are minimal after seeing a game like skate fall
    but the fact that someone has a certain desire for a new one after seeing skate fall..
    Pretty Inspiring stuff.
    Some of the best ideas are forged man, Just like anything else in life you gotta work at it.
    Novel, You seem pretty serious about it. So don't give up on it.
    Consider yourself a developer at this point, maybe tell them what needs to happen
    what every one of your ideas and intentions are make a slideshow and business plan if needed.
    Make the serious part about it known man.
    I was also saying earlier there is some pretty good artistic talents around here just sitting.
    If we all were to contribute a little bit to making this happen
    I think our chances would be much stronger.
    Instead of saying hey, we have an idea for a skate game.
    We get our shit together maybe
    make some Blueprints, Sketches, Concept Art, Lines, Dialogue, a Story.
    So when it comes time to present the idea, you just gotta find that interest.
    We could then say Hey, Here's the whole game plan.
    Hand it over in a nice and neat package.
    There's no grey area if we have it all together right? You're interested or you're not.
    Last edited by Antwan; 01-20-2013 at 08:13 PM.

XBL
    Stokenstein

Good job sticking with it.

I think even if you don't succeed, that fact that you've contacted people in the industry and shown there is support for it is a positive. There is a market for a skateboarding game, I know it. Eventually there will be another skateboarding game, hopefully with Skate in mind while being made.

Im just upset there's only been 2 semi realistic skate game serieseses pretty much in the history of ever.
    The market is there, I dont know why only Black Box and EA were the only recent ones to capitalize on it

XBL
    YumyyyP & i enjoi hopps

Ever thought of taking this to the next level?
    A 5 min video on what the next game should have.
    Showing Awareness for this project!